Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default Best method for re-heating ribs ?

Matt wrote:

> "Pete C." > wrote in message
> ster.com...
> >
> > Matt wrote:
> >>
> >> What is the best method of reheating ribs?
> >>
> >> thanks,
> >>
> >> Matt

> > Reheating as in "from the refrigerator" would be in the oven wrapped in
> > foil. Defrost / reheat as in "from the freezer" would be boil in the
> > foodsave vac bag they were frozen in.

> Thank you!
>
> A method of re-heating ribs from the fridge is what I was looking for. So I
> will try out the foil/oven method. Any particular temp/time I should be
> aiming for?

Nothing in particular for time/temp, just low enough temp that you don't
start to re-cook the outside before the inside is up to temp. Perhaps
~200 degrees for 15min as a starting point.

> Never thought about boiling in a food saver bag. That is how I re-heat
> pulled pork from the freezer, but it never occured to me to use the same
> method on ribs. duh!

It also works for brisket. I vac bag 4 or 5 slices of brisket, fanned
out to provide more surface area / less thickness and they boil in bag
well too.