Old 28-10-2007, 09:09 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default I'm giving up barbecue

Sorry guys, but no more barbecue for me.

I read an article last week that said by kids eating a peanut butter and
jelly sandwich instead of grilled cheese, their carbon footprint can be
reduced by 250 pounds a year. That got me thinking.

Making good barbecue takes hours of burning fuel, be it wood, propane,
charcoal, or any combination of fossil fuels. What kind of example are we
sending out kids? Eating good food is just plain BAD for the environment.
Just look at all that smoke in the air that we add on a regular basis.
Sinful, I say. We should be sorry for the damage we've caused over the years
by melting the Polar ice caps by eating pulled pork. Every time you pull
your pork, a baby seal dies.

Not wanting Al Gore to drive up in his Escalade to chastise me, I'm giving
up cooked foods. For the benefit of our children and all children of the
earth, my future diet will consist of peanut butter, dandelion greens, and
rainwater.

I don't want to sound like a preacher, but I'm suggesting that all of you
review your eating habits too. Cooking = bad. Barbecue = global warming.
For the sake of the polar bears, stop it now. Join in and make the world a
better place and eat greens.

Thank you for your support.
Ed

Old 28-10-2007, 09:25 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
[...]

You're putting out enough hot air to kill 2 baby seals. BTW, would they
be best brined?

--
Dave T.

If you can't be kind, at least have the decency to be vague.
Old 28-10-2007, 09:34 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue
Reg Reg is offline

Dave T. wrote:

You're putting out enough hot air to kill 2 baby seals. BTW, would they
be best brined?

You want them freshly clubbed to death (they just don't taste right
otherwise). Brining is optional.

--
Reg

Old 28-10-2007, 10:49 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

I don't want to sound like a preacher, but I'm suggesting that all of
you review your eating habits too. Cooking = bad. Barbecue =
global warming. For the sake of the polar bears, stop it now.

Oh, the humanity. I will pledge to stop right away. :-)

--
Dave
www.davebbq.com

Old 28-10-2007, 11:01 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
Sorry guys, but no more barbecue for me.

I read an article last week that said by kids eating a peanut butter and
jelly sandwich instead of grilled cheese, their carbon footprint can be
reduced by 250 pounds a year. That got me thinking.

Making good barbecue takes hours of burning fuel, be it wood, propane,
charcoal, or any combination of fossil fuels.

Since I insist on burning lump, I'm carbon-neutral.
Kingsford briquettes, in contrast, are not, since
they contain a large percentage of coal.

Dana

Old 28-10-2007, 11:03 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

I don't want to sound like a preacher, but I'm suggesting that all of you
review your eating habits too. Cooking = bad. Barbecue = global warming.
For the sake of the polar bears, stop it now. Join in and make the world a
better place and eat greens.

Thank you for your support.
Ed

My BW looked at me and said "Have you no decency left"? That was it for
me...I pledge to follow the "EP" principle from this day forward!!!!

--
"In my youth I stressed freedom, and in my old age I stress order. I
have made the great
Old 28-10-2007, 11:04 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Dave Bugg" wrote:
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

I don't want to sound like a preacher, but I'm suggesting that all of
you review your eating habits too. Cooking = bad. Barbecue =
global warming. For the sake of the polar bears, stop it now.

Oh, the humanity. I will pledge to stop right away. :-)

How much for your carbon footprint credits, Sasquatch? ;-D

forgotten. Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~
Old 28-10-2007, 11:14 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue

Nick Cramer wrote:
"Dave Bugg" wrote:
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

I don't want to sound like a preacher, but I'm suggesting that all
of you review your eating habits too. Cooking = bad. Barbecue =
global warming. For the sake of the polar bears, stop it now.

Oh, the humanity. I will pledge to stop right away. :-)

How much for your carbon footprint credits, Sasquatch? ;-D

I've gotta a couple a bags of B&B lump I could sell ya. Since those bags of
carbon don't walk themselves, I guess they'd be carbon footprint free.

--
Dave
www.davebbq.com

Old 29-10-2007, 01:00 AM posted to alt.food.barbecue

Dave Bugg wrote:
Nick Cramer wrote:
"Dave Bugg" wrote:
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

I don't want to sound like a preacher, but I'm suggesting that all
of you review your eating habits too. Cooking = bad. Barbecue =
global warming. For the sake of the polar bears, stop it now.
Oh, the humanity. I will pledge to stop right away. :-)

How much for your carbon footprint credits, Sasquatch? ;-D

I've gotta a couple a bags of B&B lump I could sell ya. Since those bags of
carbon don't walk themselves, I guess they'd be carbon footprint free.

Lump, is in fact, carbon-neutral.

Dana

Old 29-10-2007, 02:17 AM posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Dave T." wrote in message
My BW looked at me and said "Have you no decency left"? That was it for
me...I pledge to follow the "EP" principle from this day forward!!!!

Good decision. You will be rewarded. Your reward in fact, is a 50 pound
sack of spotted owl dung to be used to fertilize your garden.

Old 29-10-2007, 02:54 AM posted to alt.food.barbecue

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
"Dave T." wrote in message
My BW looked at me and said "Have you no decency left"? That was it for
me...I pledge to follow the "EP" principle from this day forward!!!!

Good decision. You will be rewarded. Your reward in fact, is a 50 pound
sack of spotted owl dung to be used to fertilize your garden.

I would have been more pleased with a #10 can of Cream of spotted owl.

Old 29-10-2007, 04:05 AM posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Kent" wrote in message

P.S. I hope you're not serious. I, and I'm sure many others, enjoy,
profit, and are grateful for your advice. You're one of the reasons we
hang on.

Thanks, but . . . . . .
I bought three jars of Skippy on sale, I'm just waiting for the dandelions
to come back now.

Old 29-10-2007, 04:59 AM posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

Edwin this is the beginning of the end of the world. Be thankful you're here
now and not in the next century.
This was all destined to happen. There's nothing, absolutely nothing that
can be done to temper global warming that to any degree will bring this to a
halt. As T.S. Elliot said: "How does the world end? How does the world end,
not with a bang, but a wimper", a warm wimper. None of us could have
predicted that.

Kent

Old 29-10-2007, 05:01 AM posted to alt.food.barbecue

Kent wrote:
Edwin this is the beginning of the end of the world. Be thankful you're here
now and not in the next century.
This was all destined to happen. There's nothing, absolutely nothing that
can be done to temper global warming that to any degree will bring this to a
halt. As T.S. Elliot said: "How does the world end? How does the world end,
not with a bang, but a wimper", a warm wimper. None of us could have
predicted that.

Actually, it was predicted. As early as the mid 1970's. But that
doesn't mean we have to give up barbecue, just living with our heads in
the sand.

Mike

Old 29-10-2007, 12:55 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

Thanks, but . . . . . .
I bought three jars of Skippy on sale, I'm just waiting for the dandelions
to come back now.

Hm... I didn't know that you made wine...

--
Steve