Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Kent Kent is offline

Default I'm giving up barbecue

"Edwin Pawlowski" > wrote in message
. ..
> Sorry guys, but no more barbecue for me.
>
> I read an article last week that said by kids eating a peanut butter and
> jelly sandwich instead of grilled cheese, their carbon footprint can be
> reduced by 250 pounds a year. That got me thinking.
>
> Making good barbecue takes hours of burning fuel, be it wood, propane,
> charcoal, or any combination of fossil fuels. What kind of example are we
> sending out kids? Eating good food is just plain BAD for the environment.
> Just look at all that smoke in the air that we add on a regular basis.
> Sinful, I say. We should be sorry for the damage we've caused over the
> years by melting the Polar ice caps by eating pulled pork. Every time you
> pull your pork, a baby seal dies.
>
> Not wanting Al Gore to drive up in his Escalade to chastise me, I'm giving
> up cooked foods. For the benefit of our children and all children of the
> earth, my future diet will consist of peanut butter, dandelion greens, and
> rainwater.
>
> I don't want to sound like a preacher, but I'm suggesting that all of you
> review your eating habits too. Cooking = bad. Barbecue = global
> warming. For the sake of the polar bears, stop it now. Join in and make
> the world a better place and eat greens.
>
> Thank you for your support.
> Ed

Edwin this is the beginning of the end of the world. Be thankful you're here
now and not in the next century.
This was all destined to happen. There's nothing, absolutely nothing that
can be done to temper global warming that to any degree will bring this to a
halt. As T.S. Elliot said: "How does the world end? How does the world end,
not with a bang, but a wimper", a warm wimper. None of us could have
predicted that.

Kent

P.S. I hope you're not serious. I, and I'm sure many others, enjoy, profit,
and are grateful for your advice. You're one of the reasons we hang on.