Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default Giving Thanks

A little off-topic I guess, but before everyone gets too busy preparing for
and anticipating "The Big Day", I'd like to ask all to please remember the
men and women who are serving in the military, when you give thanks for all
of the blessings you have. Regardless of politics and politicians. These
men and women are there for all of us, around the country and around the
world and many of them won't be able to be with their families during the
holiday season. Our son is a Seabee in the U.S. Navy and is preparing to go
to Iraq after the New Year. Please remember all of our service members.
Thanks and I hope everyone has a great T-Day!

No offense to non-U.S. readers, I know Thursday is just another Thursday to
you! :-)

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Green Mtn. Griller wrote:
> A little off-topic I guess, but before everyone gets too busy preparing for
> and anticipating "The Big Day", I'd like to ask all to please remember the
> men and women who are serving in the military, when you give thanks for all
> of the blessings you have. Regardless of politics and politicians. These
> men and women are there for all of us, around the country and around the
> world and many of them won't be able to be with their families during the
> holiday season. Our son is a Seabee in the U.S. Navy and is preparing to go
> to Iraq after the New Year. Please remember all of our service members.
> Thanks and I hope everyone has a great T-Day!
>
> No offense to non-U.S. readers, I know Thursday is just another Thursday to
> you! :-)

Absolutely, positively agree!
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Green Mtn. Griller" > wrote in message
>A little off-topic I guess, but before everyone gets too busy preparing for
>and anticipating "The Big Day", I'd like to ask all to please remember the
>men and women who are serving in the military, when you give thanks for all
>of the blessings you have. Regardless of politics and politicians. These
>men and women are there for all of us, around the country and around the
>world and many of them won't be able to be with their families during the
>holiday season. Our son is a Seabee in the U.S. Navy and is preparing to
>go to Iraq after the New Year. Please remember all of our service members.
>Thanks and I hope everyone has a great T-Day!
>
> No offense to non-U.S. readers, I know Thursday is just another Thursday
> to you! :-)

As an Australian I wish we had something similar to Thanksgiving rather than
copying halloween. On 31 October I tend to remember Luther and his
petitions...
At our table tonight (it's Thursday already here) we will give thanks for
our men and women serving overseas.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"It's arse not ass" > wrote:
> "Green Mtn. Griller" > wrote in message
>[ . . . ]
> As an Australian I wish we had something similar to Thanksgiving rather
> than copying halloween. On 31 October I tend to remember Luther and his
> petitions...

Well, ya do have Proclamation Day! ;-D

> At our table tonight (it's Thursday already here) we will give thanks for
> our men and women serving overseas.

You couldn't honor a finer bunch! I tip a glass in yer general direction,
mate! %-/

~Semper Fi~
Posted to alt.food.barbecue,sci.military.naval,alt.military.retired

Green Mtn. Griller wrote:
> A little off-topic I guess,

No shit, sherlock. Follow-ups set.

> Our son is a Seabee in the U.S. Navy and is
> preparing to go to Iraq after the New Year.

Please keep in mind that he volunteered. What do
you want the Navy to do, fly him home for the day?

> Please remember all of our service members.

Let's get another kindergarten class to draw some
crayon pictures for our brave troops, who after all
volunteered for their duty and must of course miss
a few family holidays.

What our men want is porn!

beebs

Posted to alt.food.barbecue,sci.military.naval

> wrote in message
ups.com...
> Green Mtn. Griller wrote:

<flushed>

Give thanks that you have not YET been found out.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Wed, 22 Nov 2006 01:52:28 GMT, "Green Mtn. Griller"
> wrote:

>A little off-topic I guess, but before everyone gets too busy preparing for
>and anticipating "The Big Day", I'd like to ask all to please remember the
>men and women who are serving in the military, when you give thanks for all
>of the blessings you have. Regardless of politics and politicians. These
>men and women are there for all of us, around the country and around the
>world and many of them won't be able to be with their families during the
>holiday season. Our son is a Seabee in the U.S. Navy and is preparing to go
>to Iraq after the New Year. Please remember all of our service members.
>Thanks and I hope everyone has a great T-Day!
>
>No offense to non-U.S. readers, I know Thursday is just another Thursday to
>you! :-)

I give thanks every day for our young men and women in our military.
All the best you your son.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Cameron Moore" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 22 Nov 2006 01:52:28 GMT, "Green Mtn. Griller"
> > wrote:
>
>>A little off-topic I guess, but before everyone gets too busy preparing
>>for
>>and anticipating "The Big Day", I'd like to ask all to please remember the
>>men and women who are serving in the military, when you give thanks for
>>all
>>of the blessings you have. Regardless of politics and politicians. These
>>men and women are there for all of us, around the country and around the
>>world and many of them won't be able to be with their families during the
>>holiday season. Our son is a Seabee in the U.S. Navy and is preparing to
>>go
>>to Iraq after the New Year. Please remember all of our service members.
>>Thanks and I hope everyone has a great T-Day!
>>
>>No offense to non-U.S. readers, I know Thursday is just another Thursday
>>you! :-)
>>

> I give thanks every day for our young men and women in our military.
> All the best you your son.

Thank you, Cameron. He'll be fine,we're sure; Mom says so! ;-)