Old 13-03-2006, 12:55 AM posted to rec.food.baking

Default Baking Stone cracked. Need recommedations for new one !

After several years of use, my old baking stone has developed cracks
on both sides. It hasn't separated yet, but I am sure that will
happen.

Has anyone used the FibraMent-D stone from www.bakingstone.com ?

It looks like it would make a suitable replacement. The company checks
out with the Chicago BBB with no complaints over 36 months.

Any other ideas? I leave the stone in my oven all the time, letting it
stabilize the oven temperature for all my baking (breads & dinner
foods).

I like the thick stones rather than quarry tiles.
Thanks in advance.

Old 13-03-2006, 06:33 AM posted to rec.food.baking

QX wrote in news:[email protected]
4ax.com:

After several years of use, my old baking stone has developed cracks
on both sides. It hasn't separated yet, but I am sure that will
happen.

Has anyone used the FibraMent-D stone from www.bakingstone.com ?

It looks like it would make a suitable replacement. The company checks
out with the Chicago BBB with no complaints over 36 months.

Any other ideas? I leave the stone in my oven all the time, letting it
stabilize the oven temperature for all my baking (breads & dinner
foods).

I like the thick stones rather than quarry tiles.

Two quarry tiles stacked?

--

Charles
The significant problems we face cannot be solved

Old 13-03-2006, 08:13 AM posted to rec.food.baking

QX wrote:
After several years of use, my old baking stone has developed cracks
on both sides. It hasn't separated yet, but I am sure that will
happen.

Has anyone used the FibraMent-D stone from www.bakingstone.com ?

It looks like it would make a suitable replacement. The company checks
out with the Chicago BBB with no complaints over 36 months.

Any other ideas? I leave the stone in my oven all the time, letting it
stabilize the oven temperature for all my baking (breads & dinner
foods).

I like the thick stones rather than quarry tiles.
Thanks in advance.

I purchased a Fibrament baking stone (purchased from
www.backingstone.com) for my oven over 3 years ago. It sits on the
bottom-most rack of my electric oven all the time. I love it. Pizza
crusts and breads turn out wonderfully crisp.
Old 14-03-2006, 12:47 AM posted to rec.food.baking

Bought mine at Williams Sonoma at least 15 yrs. ago.
No problem yet - it lives in the oven.

Old 26-03-2006, 03:17 PM posted to rec.food.baking

This is the same one that William Sonoma sells, just cheaper and
available in to different shapes and sizes. I use it all the time and
have been for years, great piece!

http://www.dominicskitchenstore.com/...p?ITEM_ID=1471

http://www.dominicskitchenstore.com/...p?ITEM_ID=1472

Old 26-03-2006, 05:17 PM posted to rec.food.baking

On 26 Mar 2006 06:17:30 -0800, "Chef Dom"
wrote:

This is the same one that William Sonoma sells, just cheaper and
available in to different shapes and sizes. I use it all the time and
have been for years, great piece!

http://www.dominicskitchenstore.com/...p?ITEM_ID=1471

http://www.dominicskitchenstore.com/...p?ITEM_ID=1472

By the time you add shipping to that, you might as well consider the
top of the line goods from Fibrament.

http://www.bakingstone.com/order.php

Boron
Old 26-03-2006, 07:49 PM posted to rec.food.baking

Chef Dom wrote:
This is the same one that William Sonoma sells, just cheaper and
available in to different shapes and sizes. I use it all the time and
have been for years, great piece!

http://www.dominicskitchenstore.com/...p?ITEM_ID=1471

http://www.dominicskitchenstore.com/...p?ITEM_ID=1472

Amazon sells it for a little less, at $24.95

Oddly, I saw a 13" dia. Old Stone Oven stone for $17.95. Never saw this
size mentioned elsewhere, so don't know if it's a smaller stone, a typo,
or actually truth in advertising!

http://www.ultimatecooking.com/details.htm?catid=1287

Dave