Posted to rec.food.baking
QX[_1_] QX[_1_] is offline

Default Baking Stone cracked. Need recommedations for new one !

After several years of use, my old baking stone has developed cracks
on both sides. It hasn't separated yet, but I am sure that will
happen.

Has anyone used the FibraMent-D stone from www.bakingstone.com ?

It looks like it would make a suitable replacement. The company checks
out with the Chicago BBB with no complaints over 36 months.

Any other ideas? I leave the stone in my oven all the time, letting it
stabilize the oven temperature for all my baking (breads & dinner
foods).

I like the thick stones rather than quarry tiles.
Thanks in advance.