Old 20-04-2004, 02:14 AM
MOM PEAGRAM

Default Baking with Julia

I just ordered Baking with Julia used through Amazon.ca for only $30 plus
shipping and I already received $42 back for books I sold. So, it worked
out great! Can't wait to get the book!

--
Helen

Thanks be unto God for His wonderful gift:
Jesus Christ, the only begotten Son of God
is the object of our faith; the only faith that
saves is faith in Him

www.peagramfamily.com
http://www.mompeagram.homestead.com/

http://www.mompeagram.homestead.com/..._WATCHERS.html

http://www.mompeagram.homestead.com/RECIPES.html

225/187.4/145

Old 21-04-2004, 04:28 AM
Cindy Fuller

In article ,
"MOM PEAGRAM" wrote:

I just ordered Baking with Julia used through Amazon.ca for only $30 plus
shipping and I already received $42 back for books I sold. So, it worked
out great! Can't wait to get the book!

Helen,

If you have a pound of butter and a dozen eggs lying around the house
when the book arrives, you have to make the brioche tart therein. I
took it to Christmas dinner and it was a most impressive dessert. Even
the vegans in the group devoured it.

Cindy

--
C.J. Fuller

Delete the obvious to email me

Old 23-04-2004, 04:39 AM
Dutchess

"MOM PEAGRAM" wrote:

I just ordered Baking with Julia used through Amazon.ca for only $30

plus
shipping and I already received $42 back for books I sold. So, it

worked
out great! Can't wait to get the book!

Helen,

If you have a pound of butter and a dozen eggs lying around the house
when the book arrives, you have to make the brioche tart therein. I
took it to Christmas dinner and it was a most impressive dessert. Even
the vegans in the group devoured it.

Cindy

--
C.J. Fuller

Delete the obvious to email me

And also the Challah..... So impressive and soooo good.
Dutchess

Old 09-05-2004, 12:30 AM
MH

"MOM PEAGRAM" wrote:

I just ordered Baking with Julia used through Amazon.ca for only $30

plus
shipping and I already received $42 back for books I sold. So, it

worked
out great! Can't wait to get the book!

Helen,

If you have a pound of butter and a dozen eggs lying around the house
when the book arrives, you have to make the brioche tart therein. I
took it to Christmas dinner and it was a most impressive dessert. Even
the vegans in the group devoured it.

Cindy

I agree! I love many of the recipes in the book, it's one of my favorites.

Martha

Old 09-05-2004, 02:33 AM
MOM PEAGRAM

"MOM PEAGRAM" wrote:

I just ordered Baking with Julia used through Amazon.ca for only $30

plus
shipping and I already received $42 back for books I sold. So, it

worked
out great! Can't wait to get the book!

Helen,

If you have a pound of butter and a dozen eggs lying around the house
when the book arrives, you have to make the brioche tart therein. I
took it to Christmas dinner and it was a most impressive dessert. Even
the vegans in the group devoured it.

Cindy

I agree! I love many of the recipes in the book, it's one of my favorites.

Martha

I'ts a book I wanted after watching her show with Steve Sullivan and trying
a recipe from the show posted from the book. It's well worth the money and
I found out when I got it that it's a first edition too!

Old 11-05-2004, 06:32 PM
Steve the Sauropodman

"MOM PEAGRAM" wrote:

[...]

The pie crust recipe is fantastic, too. I've always struggled with
homemade crusts, but since trying Julia's they come out perfect
everytime.
Old 12-05-2004, 12:40 AM
MOM PEAGRAM

om...

"MOM PEAGRAM" wrote:

[...]

I've thought about trying it but.... then I'd eat the pie! I'm on WW and my
hubby's cutting back, so not too many pies.

Old 12-05-2004, 04:34 PM
Steve the Sauropodman

"MOM PEAGRAM" wrote:

[...]

I understand. The recipe makes 4-5 crusts, and they keep well in the
fridge, to. My wife and I "love" pecan pie. The combination of
Julia's easy crust, and the simplicity of a bourbon pecan pie
filling...aarrrgggghhh...my belt's getting tight just thinking about
it.

Seriously, it wonderful for the holidays!

Cheers
Old 12-05-2004, 11:29 PM
MOM PEAGRAM

"MOM PEAGRAM" wrote:

[...]

I made all the pies for last Christmas, but this year I'll be in England
with my step daughter and family. So, although I looove pecan pie, I won't
make it. At the moment I'm trying to avoid making Rhubarb pie. Yum!

Old 14-05-2004, 08:01 PM
Jane Lumley

I made all the pies for last Christmas, but this year I'll be in England
with my step daughter and family. So, although I looove pecan pie, I won't
make it.

We like it in England too, you know . But we like mince pies even
more.
--
Jane Lumley
Old 15-05-2004, 12:20 AM
MOM PEAGRAM

"Jane Lumley" wrote in message
I made all the pies for last Christmas, but this year I'll be in England
with my step daughter and family. So, although I looove pecan pie, I

won't
make it.

We like it in England too, you know . But we like mince pies even
more.
--
Jane Lumley

I know that! ;-)) I's English! grin I make all our own mincemeat,
Branston, picallili, pickled onions and mince tarts! I make a Christmas
pudding too, but I don't have any it's just too rich for me. But most of
the stuff I make, you just can't get here in Canada except at a horrendous
price if you can find it at all.

"Julie & Julia", Julia Child, Meryl Streep and Rachel Khoo [email protected] General Cooking 30 04-12-2012 08:42 PM
Julie and Julia: Favorite Julia Child Recipes? Karen MacInerney General Cooking 8 08-01-2006 03:35 PM
Baking with Julia MOM PEAGRAM Baking 1 05-04-2004 01:30 AM
FA:Baking with Julia new magananda Marketplace 0 11-03-2004 01:10 AM
Julia Child's, "Baking with JC"...any good? shipwreck Baking 5 27-10-2003 08:58 PM