How are Bacon Bits made?

Old 20-03-2004, 07:28 PM
projectile vomit chick
Usenet poster

Default How are Bacon Bits made?

wrote in message
How are Bacon Bits made?
What are the main ingredients?
Do they actually contain meat?
Can people make them at home?

Thanks for all info.

They are unusually large feces flakes.

Old 20-03-2004, 09:32 PM
limey
Usenet poster

"Steve Wertz" wrote in message
Most of the commercial brands (like Hormel) are actually made from
ham scraps rather than pork bellies (cheaper, makes them less
fatty, and they're easier to preserve).

The fake crunchy ones are TVP with artificial smoke flavoring.

-sw

Er --- what's TVP?

Dora

Old 20-03-2004, 11:07 PM
LAllin
Usenet poster

Actually, Steve was pretty close; he was likely referring to a product of
Tone Brothers, labelled Tone Imitation Bacon Bits; I most often see them in
the spice aisle at Sam's Club. There are also at least two other companies
that make Imitation Bacon Bits, Ryt-Way and Marburger.

On 20-Mar-2004, Steve Wertz wrote:

On Sat, 20 Mar 2004 20:54:23 GMT, "x-archive:no"
wrote:

The brand "Bacon Bits" is a soy product, with flavoring. They contain
no meat. I don't know how to make them at home.

There is no brand called "Bacon Bits". You're thinking of
"Baco's"

-sw

Old 20-03-2004, 11:12 PM
LAllin
Usenet poster

My bad; that should have read: "Actually, Steve, he was pretty close...."

Old 21-03-2004, 03:11 AM
projectile vomit chick
Usenet poster

"Steve Wertz" wrote in message
On Sat, 20 Mar 2004 22:07:12 GMT, "LAllin"
wrote:

Actually, Steve was pretty close; he was likely referring to a product of
Tone Brothers, labelled Tone Imitation Bacon Bits; I most often see them

in
the spice aisle at Sam's Club. There are also at least two other

companies
that make Imitation Bacon Bits, Ryt-Way and Marburger.

"Imitation Bacon Bits" are a product sold by many manufacturers -
the most common and popular of which is called "Bacos".

"Bacon Bits" are *not* a brand name. It's a product.

Oh, okay O Fat Guru. Lord knows you have to chime in on every ****ing
thread and have to have the last word, too. Do you actually have a life
outside of Usenet?