Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking,rec.crafts.distilling

Default walnuts

Does anyone have a recipe involving walnuts and alcohol? Unfortunately I've
missed the southern hemesphere season for nocino (should have done that 2
months ago) so I'm searching for something that'll use ripe nuts.

Mike

Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking,rec.crafts.distilling

In article >, Mike > wrote:
>Does anyone have a recipe involving walnuts and alcohol? Unfortunately I've
>missed the southern hemesphere season for nocino (should have done that 2
>months ago) so I'm searching for something that'll use ripe nuts.

What about a fruitcake or a walnut-paste-filled stollen soaked in rum?
--scott
Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking,rec.crafts.distilling

"Scott Dorsey" > wrote in message
> In article >, Mike > wrote:
>>Does anyone have a recipe involving walnuts and alcohol? Unfortunately
>>I've
>>missed the southern hemesphere season for nocino (should have done that 2
>>months ago) so I'm searching for something that'll use ripe nuts.

> What about a fruitcake or a walnut-paste-filled stollen soaked in rum?
> --scott

Skip the fruitcake but the rest has significant appeal... :-)

Seriously yhough, I was hoping that it was possible to make some sort of
tasty alcoholic beverage out of them. I could always just throw some in some
distilled spirit and see but I'd prefer to eliminate the risk of possibly
wasting nuts, hooch and time on something that may have no chance of
working.

Mike

Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking,rec.crafts.distilling

Mike > wrote:

> Does anyone have a recipe involving walnuts and alcohol?
> Unfortunately I've missed the southern hemesphere season
> for nocino (should have done that 2 months ago) so I'm
> searching for something that'll use ripe nuts.

Take a liter of you 92% shine, add 12 crushed walnuts,
and the zest of a lemon. Let it sit for six weeks,
strain it, and put it in a freezer for a few days.
Tell us how it tastes.

Dick
Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking,rec.crafts.distilling

"Dick Adams" > wrote in message
> Mike > wrote:
>
>> Does anyone have a recipe involving walnuts and alcohol?
>> Unfortunately I've missed the southern hemesphere season
>> for nocino (should have done that 2 months ago) so I'm
>> searching for something that'll use ripe nuts.

> Take a liter of you 92% shine, add 12 crushed walnuts,
> and the zest of a lemon. Let it sit for six weeks,
> strain it, and put it in a freezer for a few days.
> Tell us how it tastes.

Dick, you just get so much enjoyment out of enticing me to cauterize my
tastebuds!! I predict that it will have a very strong alcohol taste
accompanied with a really warm sensation which eventually stops.

I'm off to the walnut and lemon tree friend over the long weekend so I will
pillage and plunder.

Mike

Macaroni & Walnuts chet General Cooking 2 21-12-2012 11:16 AM
Like Walnuts sf[_3_] General Cooking 0 14-06-2008 06:41 PM
Panocha Walnuts Rusty Recipes (moderated) 0 18-08-2006 03:17 AM
Candied Walnuts Lucky Recipes (moderated) 0 12-12-2004 07:07 PM
walnuts john Preserving 6 30-09-2004 02:45 PM