Posted to alt.food.wine

Default [FAQ] Bourgogne

Mark,
How much text would seem appropriate to use on Bourgogne?
Come to think of it, maybe there should be a separte FAQ on Bourgogned ...
Cheers
Nils Gustaf

Posted to alt.food.wine

Nils Gustaf Lindgren wrote:
> Mark,
> How much text would seem appropriate to use on Bourgogne?
> Come to think of it, maybe there should be a separte FAQ on Bourgogned ...

The more the merrier, Nils! I think that there should be separate
recommendations for Beaune and Dijon, Cote de Nuits and Cote be Beaune,
and (if you've got the energy) maybe the Maconnais.

[Note to all who are interested in writing a travel guide: Please keep
in mind that these sections aren't just a personal recommendation, but
rather a compendium of recommendations made here in the past (2-3 yers
for New World, however long for Europe).]

I particularly recall a long and informative list posted here by (Peter
Watkins?) about 5 years ago on visits to various domaines in Bourgogne.
You're of course under no obligation to do the research, but if you
don't, I will have to. So, do have pity on the poor overburdened FAQ
editor...

Mark Lipton
Posted to alt.food.wine

"Mark Lipton" > skrev i meddelandet

> I particularly recall a long and informative list posted here by (Peter
> Watkins?) about 5 years ago on visits to various domaines in Bourgogne.
> You're of course under no obligation to do the research, but if you
> don't, I will have to. So, do have pity on the poor overburdened FAQ
> editor...

Bother said Pooh, Mistah Google him numbawan goodfella b'long you. But no
such luck. A short post where he invites somebody to write him on his
private mail adress for an exhaustive list ...
I can do a snapshot of Côte d'Or, and an overview of the Bourgogne (what
parts there are etc), but I have not (yet) vistied neither Chablis, nor the
Southern parts since there is much to much to visit in CdO.

Cheers

Nils Gsutaf

--
Respond to nils dot lindgren at drchips dot se

Posted to alt.food.wine

Nils Gustaf Lindgren wrote:
> "Mark Lipton" > skrev i meddelandet
>

>>I particularly recall a long and informative list posted here by (Peter
>>Watkins?) about 5 years ago on visits to various domaines in Bourgogne.
>>You're of course under no obligation to do the research, but if you
>>don't, I will have to. So, do have pity on the poor overburdened FAQ
>>editor...

> Bother said Pooh, Mistah Google him numbawan goodfella b'long you. But no
> such luck. A short post where he invites somebody to write him on his
> private mail adress for an exhaustive list ...
> I can do a snapshot of Côte d'Or, and an overview of the Bourgogne (what
> parts there are etc), but I have not (yet) vistied neither Chablis, nor the
> Southern parts since there is much to much to visit in CdO.

OK, Nils, I had a few minutes of free time (at last!) and dug up the
post I remembered. It *was* from Peter Watkins (lucky guess) and in a
thread entitled "Suggestions Bourgogne" initiated in 2001 by some chap
named Lindgren or something... Anyway, here's the URL in Google:
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.f...dcd2aad58a9b4d

Some of the other posts in that thread also make good reading. That
Lindgren fellow certainly got excellent advice ;-)

Cheers!
Mark Lipton
Posted to alt.food.wine

"Mark Lipton" > skrev i meddelandet
> Nils Gustaf Lindgren wrote:
>> "Mark Lipton" > skrev i meddelandet
>>

>>>I particularly recall a long and informative list posted here by (Peter
>>>Watkins?) about 5 years ago on visits to various domaines in Bourgogne.
>>>You're of course under no obligation to do the research, but if you
>>>don't, I will have to. So, do have pity on the poor overburdened FAQ
>>>editor...

>> Bother said Pooh, Mistah Google him numbawan goodfella b'long you. But no
>> such luck. A short post where he invites somebody to write him on his
>> private mail adress for an exhaustive list ...
>> I can do a snapshot of Côte d'Or, and an overview of the Bourgogne (what
>> parts there are etc), but I have not (yet) vistied neither Chablis, nor
>> the
>> Southern parts since there is much to much to visit in CdO.

> OK, Nils, I had a few minutes of free time (at last!) and dug up the
> post I remembered. It *was* from Peter Watkins (lucky guess) and in a
> thread entitled "Suggestions Bourgogne" initiated in 2001 by some chap
> named Lindgren or something... Anyway, here's the URL in Google:
> http://groups.google.com/group/alt.f...dcd2aad58a9b4d
>
> Some of the other posts in that thread also make good reading. That
> Lindgren fellow certainly got excellent advice ;-)

He certainly did, didn't he, and now all of a sudden he rememberes that
particular post which was informative to the point of brain overload.
Since then, things ahve changed, some of the places have folded, others have
gained stars and thingies (but are still good) and new ones have opened, as,
e g, Cave Madeleine in Beaune which is a must for any wine geek. Also, "Chez
Jeannet" in Fixin, in "easy staggerin distance" of the commune cave, across
the street, wines by the glass including the rare white Fixin - very good
and concetrated and somehow utterly unexpected in thsi country of muscular
reds. Their 17 EU lunch menu is a steal.
We will have to see what happens - two days ago somebody broke into my
offices in town, stole two computers, and left everything looking like
downtown Beirut. Some industrial grade arm twisting [1] of a computer shop
in town managed to get me a new working machine in c 4 hs, so I am back to
work, but almost one whole day went to pieces and will have to be
laboriously re-constructed ...

Cheers

Nils Gsuatf

[1] Funny how people do not realise a broad and innocent smile can hide
complete ruthlessness at times when ruthlessness is called for.
--
Respond to nils dot lindgren at drchips dot se

Posted to alt.food.wine

On Sat, 30 Sep 2006 16:47:14 GMT
"Nils Gustaf Lindgren" > wrote:

> e g, Cave Madeleine in Beaune which is a must for any wine geek. Also, "Chez
> Jeannet" in Fixin, in "easy staggerin distance" of the commune cave, across
> the street, wines by the glass including the rare white Fixin - very good
> and concetrated and somehow utterly unexpected in thsi country of muscular
> reds. Their 17 EU lunch menu is a steal.

Chez Jeanette, no? I remember recommending this on the group, just
checked, and it was to you, ha! Glad you enjoyed it!

-E
--
Emery Davis
You can reply to ecom

TN: Roulot bourgogne DaleW Wine 0 28-10-2009 07:57 PM
FAQ Bourgogne Nils Gustaf Lindgren[_1_] Wine 15 12-08-2008 02:21 AM
TN: Cahors and Bourgogne DaleW Wine 5 24-04-2007 07:33 PM
TN: '00 Bourgogne, '95 CdP DaleW Wine 7 27-09-2006 10:12 AM
[OT] Bourgogne, anyone? Nils Gustaf Lindgren Wine 11 18-10-2003 12:49 PM