Ron

In article >, "Dutch" >
wrote:

> "Ron" > wrote in message
> > In article >, "Dutch" >
> > wrote:

> >> Mores the pity for you, flyweight.

> >> Your "opportunities to clarify" are nonsensical, they're poses. You're
> >> not
> >> bright and you're proving it.

> > Astonish me then.

> You are unavailable for processing incoming information, except to knee-jerk
> reject it.
>
> > Which point from the website that you asked me to read
> > should we review, publicly. Do you need to check with the clique before
> > you can respond?

> How about this part..
>
> Myth: No one has ever died from using marijuana
> The Kaiser study also found that daily pot users have a 30% higher risk of
> injuries, presumably from accidents. These figures are significant, though
> not as high as comparable risks for heavy drinkers or tobacco addicts. That
> pot can cause accidents is scarcely surprising, since marijuana has been
> shown to degrade short-term memory, concentration, judgment, and
> coordination at complex tasks including driving.(1) There have been numerous
> reports of pot-related accidents --- some of them fatal, belying the
> attractive myth that no one has ever died from marijuana. One survey of 1023
> emergency room trauma patients in Baltimore found that fully 34.7% were
> under the influence of marijuana, more even than alcohol (33.5%); half of
> these (16.5%) used both pot and alcohol in combination.(2) This is perhaps
> the most troublesome research ever reported about marijuana; as we shall
> see, other accident studies have generally found pot to be less dangerous
> than alcohol. Nonetheless, it is important to be informed on all sides of
> the issue. Pot smokers should be aware that accidents are the number one
> hazard of moderate pot use. In addition, of course, the psychoactive effects
> of cannabis can have many other adverse effects on performance, school work,
> and productivity.

Are you prepared to defend this study? Cut and paste is not a substitute
for clear thinking.
Dutch

"Ron" > wrote

>> > Which point from the website that you asked me to read
>> > should we review, publicly. Do you need to check with the clique before
>> > you can respond?

>> How about this part..
>>
>> Myth: No one has ever died from using marijuana
>> The Kaiser study also found that daily pot users have a 30% higher risk
>> of
>> injuries, presumably from accidents. These figures are significant,
>> though
>> not as high as comparable risks for heavy drinkers or tobacco addicts.
>> That
>> pot can cause accidents is scarcely surprising, since marijuana has been
>> shown to degrade short-term memory, concentration, judgment, and
>> coordination at complex tasks including driving.(1) There have been
>> numerous
>> reports of pot-related accidents --- some of them fatal, belying the
>> attractive myth that no one has ever died from marijuana. One survey of
>> 1023
>> emergency room trauma patients in Baltimore found that fully 34.7% were
>> under the influence of marijuana, more even than alcohol (33.5%); half of
>> these (16.5%) used both pot and alcohol in combination.(2) This is
>> perhaps
>> the most troublesome research ever reported about marijuana; as we shall
>> see, other accident studies have generally found pot to be less dangerous
>> than alcohol. Nonetheless, it is important to be informed on all sides of
>> the issue. Pot smokers should be aware that accidents are the number one
>> hazard of moderate pot use. In addition, of course, the psychoactive
>> effects
>> of cannabis can have many other adverse effects on performance, school
>> work,
>> and productivity.

> Are you prepared to defend this study? Cut and paste is not a substitute
> for clear thinking.

I'm waiting...

Ron

In article >, "Dutch" >
wrote:

> "Ron" > wrote

> >> How about this part..
> >>
> >> Myth: No one has ever died from using marijuana
> >> The Kaiser study also found that daily pot users have a 30% higher risk
> >> of
> >> injuries, presumably from accidents. These figures are significant,
> >> though
> >> not as high as comparable risks for heavy drinkers or tobacco addicts.
> >> That
> >> pot can cause accidents is scarcely surprising, since marijuana has been
> >> shown to degrade short-term memory, concentration, judgment, and
> >> coordination at complex tasks including driving.(1) There have been
> >> numerous
> >> reports of pot-related accidents --- some of them fatal, belying the
> >> attractive myth that no one has ever died from marijuana. One survey of
> >> 1023
> >> emergency room trauma patients in Baltimore found that fully 34.7% were
> >> under the influence of marijuana, more even than alcohol (33.5%); half of
> >> these (16.5%) used both pot and alcohol in combination.(2) This is
> >> perhaps
> >> the most troublesome research ever reported about marijuana; as we shall
> >> see, other accident studies have generally found pot to be less dangerous
> >> than alcohol. Nonetheless, it is important to be informed on all sides of
> >> the issue. Pot smokers should be aware that accidents are the number one
> >> hazard of moderate pot use. In addition, of course, the psychoactive
> >> effects
> >> of cannabis can have many other adverse effects on performance, school
> >> work,
> >> and productivity.

> > Are you prepared to defend this study? Cut and paste is not a substitute
> > for clear thinking.

> I'm waiting...

Provide the study. I'm assuming you've read it in its entirety before
quickly jumping to the conclusion that is unbiased or accurate. What was
your impression of the methodology?
Dutch

"Ron" > wrote in message
> In article >, "Dutch" >
> wrote:
>
>> "Ron" > wrote

>> > Are you prepared to defend this study? Cut and paste is not a
>> > substitute
>> > for clear thinking.

>> I'm waiting...

> Provide the study. I'm assuming you've read it in its entirety before
> quickly jumping to the conclusion that is unbiased or accurate. What was
> your impression of the methodology?

I didn't read either study. I looked at the conclusions and they confirm
everything I know about pot based on nearly forty years of exposure to it. I
know for a fact that pot contributes to automobile accidents, I know for a
fact that it affects memory, concentration, judgment, and coordination. It
is also not insignificant that this paragraph is on a website advocating
legalization, which alleviates the probablity of negative bias. The
statements conclude that care and caution are important when using pot,
rather than blithely belieiving it is harmless. Undeniable. I don't care how
about the numbers and how they arrived at them, I assume since the studies
were published that they are probably relatively reliable. Now if you are
convinced that these studies and conclusions, against all reason, are
misguided or wrong, then what are the errors in the studies and what are the
correct conclusions? Stop with the disinformation and start looking for the
truth.

Dutch

"Ron" > wrote

>> > Which point from the website that you asked me to read
>> > should we review, publicly. Do you need to check with the clique before
>> > you can respond?

>> How about this part..
>>
>> Myth: No one has ever died from using marijuana
>> The Kaiser study also found that daily pot users have a 30% higher risk
>> of
>> injuries, presumably from accidents. These figures are significant,
>> though
>> not as high as comparable risks for heavy drinkers or tobacco addicts.
>> That
>> pot can cause accidents is scarcely surprising, since marijuana has been
>> shown to degrade short-term memory, concentration, judgment, and
>> coordination at complex tasks including driving.(1) There have been
>> numerous
>> reports of pot-related accidents --- some of them fatal, belying the
>> attractive myth that no one has ever died from marijuana. One survey of
>> 1023
>> emergency room trauma patients in Baltimore found that fully 34.7% were
>> under the influence of marijuana, more even than alcohol (33.5%); half of
>> these (16.5%) used both pot and alcohol in combination.(2) This is
>> perhaps
>> the most troublesome research ever reported about marijuana; as we shall
>> see, other accident studies have generally found pot to be less dangerous
>> than alcohol. Nonetheless, it is important to be informed on all sides of
>> the issue. Pot smokers should be aware that accidents are the number one
>> hazard of moderate pot use. In addition, of course, the psychoactive
>> effects
>> of cannabis can have many other adverse effects on performance, school
>> work,
>> and productivity.

> Are you prepared to defend this study? Cut and paste is not a substitute
> for clear thinking.

I'm waiting...

The perfect G&T.... Aussie General Cooking 19 24-11-2010 06:23 AM
The perfect cup of tea aaaaa Tea 13 03-01-2007 07:27 PM
Perfect BBQ was had Duwop Barbecue 0 27-05-2005 10:47 PM
The perfect cup of tea Captain Infinity Tea 12 19-04-2005 08:20 PM
The perfect foil (and her moral confusion) Jay Santos Vegan 23 19-12-2004 12:08 AM