Ron

In article .net>,
Jay Santos > wrote:

> Scented Nectar wrote:
>
> >>"If the spices I needed were available locally I would
> >>[consume only locally grown produce]."
> >>
> >>- Skanky Carpetmuncher, 27 Dec 2004

> > And you're back to insults rather than arguments.

> The argument is plain, and you can't even begin to
> rebut it.
>
> The conclusion is clear: you don't believe at all that
> it is wrong to kill animals.

Hmmm. Let's test that hypothesis.

If someone states they are religious and doesn't attend service then,
they don't really believe in their X.

If someone says they believe in honesty and must lie to save their life
then, obviously they don't believe in honesty.

If someone states that they believe in truth but ignores a truth once in
an entire lifetime then they obviously don't believe in truth.

If someone says they are well read but hasn't read anything then,
obviously they don't believe in being well read otherwise they would
read everything.

I'm finding some difficulty with your perception of what is necessary to
demonstrate that someone believes in X.
Jay Santos

Ron wrote:

> In article .net>,
> Jay Santos > wrote:

>>>And you're back to insults rather than arguments.

>>The argument is plain, and you can't even begin to
>>rebut it.
>>
>>The conclusion is clear: you don't believe at all that
>>it is wrong to kill animals.

> Hmmm. Let's test that hypothesis.
>
> If someone states they are religious and doesn't attend service then,
> they don't really believe in their X.

False - being religious doesn't require attending
service.

You're off to a bad start, shitbag.

> If someone says they believe in honesty and must lie to save their life
> then, obviously they don't believe in honesty.

If they state their belief in honesty as a moral
absolute, then yes, they don't believe in honesty.

You're sinking faster, shitbag.

You just reached the bottom.
Ron

In article . net>,
Jay Santos > wrote:

> Ron wrote:
>
> > In article .net>,
> > Jay Santos > wrote:

> >>The argument is plain, and you can't even begin to
> >>rebut it.
> >>
> >>The conclusion is clear: you don't believe at all that
> >>it is wrong to kill animals.

> > Hmmm. Let's test that hypothesis.
> >
> > If someone states they are religious and doesn't attend service then,
> > they don't really believe in their X.

> False - being religious doesn't require attending
> service.
>
> You're off to a bad start, shitbag.
>

> > If someone says they believe in honesty and must lie to save their life
> > then, obviously they don't believe in honesty.

> If they state their belief in honesty as a moral
> absolute, then yes, they don't believe in honesty.
>
> You're sinking faster, shitbag.
>

> You just reached the bottom.

Yes, you have. You stated your position that one MUST act towards there
belief and do what is necessary, or all they can or be labeled as not
believing in the moral or ethic under discussion.
Jay Santos

Ron wrote:

> In article . net>,
> Jay Santos > wrote:
>

>>Ron wrote:

>>>Hmmm. Let's test that hypothesis.
>>>
>>>If someone states they are religious and doesn't attend service then,
>>>they don't really believe in their X.

>>False - being religious doesn't require attending
>>service.
>>
>>You're off to a bad start, shitbag.
>>

>>>If someone says they believe in honesty and must lie to save their life
>>>then, obviously they don't believe in honesty.

>>If they state their belief in honesty as a moral
>>absolute, then yes, they don't believe in honesty.
>>
>>You're sinking faster, shitbag.
>>

>>You just reached the bottom.

> Yes,

Yes, you have.

The perfect G&T.... Aussie General Cooking 19 24-11-2010 06:23 AM
The perfect cup of tea aaaaa Tea 13 03-01-2007 07:27 PM
Perfect BBQ was had Duwop Barbecue 0 27-05-2005 10:47 PM
The perfect cup of tea Captain Infinity Tea 12 19-04-2005 08:20 PM
The perfect foil (and her moral confusion) Jay Santos Vegan 23 19-12-2004 12:08 AM