Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Default Scorched by Hot Water

I was in Kansas City the other day and I stopped in at a tea shop and ordered
a plain black tea. They had Twining's English Breakfast which is entirely
acceptable and is a blend that is probably mostly china black teas.

The barista put two ice cubes into the cup before putting the hot water in,
and when I asked why I was told that their hot was was too hot to make tea
with. I suggested that boiling water might be fine for black tea, and was
told "Oh, no, our water is so hot it will just scorch the tea."

So much for finding good tea in KC.
--scott