Marc

Default Can you remove the scorched flavor from spaghetti sauce?

Made a big patch and let is scorch can I get rid of the flavor?

Marc

Vox Humana

"Marc" > wrote in message
k.net...
> Made a big patch and let is scorch can I get rid of the flavor?

No.

PENMART01

"Marc" > writes:

>Made a big patch and let is scorch can I get rid of the flavor?
>
>Marc

Sure, an hour before dinner drink a pint of burbon.

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
Sheldon
````````````

Melba's Jammin'

In article t>, "Marc"
> wrote:

> Made a big patch and let is scorch can I get rid of the flavor?
>
> Marc

Personally, I think you're a screwed goose on this batch, but here's a
tip for (shudder) next time: As soon as you discern that it's burned to
the bottom, STOP STIRRING. Then, remove the pan from the heat and pour
its contents into another pan. You now may well have a quantity of
usable sauce sans burned taste. It'll work if you burn jam in a kettle,
too. Don't ask me how I know these things.
--
-Barb (www.jamlady.eboard.com updated 10-16-03; check the PickleHats tab, too.)
Steve Calvin

Marc wrote:

> Made a big patch and let is scorch can I get rid of the flavor?
>
> Marc

got a garbage disposal? Start over - you're toast. (no pun intended
;-) )

--
Steve

Curly Sue

On Fri, 17 Oct 2003 18:56:49 GMT, "Marc" > wrote:

>Made a big patch and let is scorch can I get rid of the flavor?
>
>Marc

Use it for "Blackened Spaghetti." You might start a new food trend :>

Sue(tm)
Vince Poroke

"Marc" > wrote in message nk.net>...
> Made a big patch and let is scorch can I get rid of the flavor?
>
> Marc

Only by throwing it out and starting new. I once asked what the
advantages were in using a cast iron or earthenware pot to cook tomato
sauce, now you too know the answer. You have to work really hard to
get it to burn. To the group: Lets not get in to the discussion of
tomatoes in cast iron, my sauces have turned out fantastic and my care
for the DO was the same as if I cooked bacon in it.
jmcquown

Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> In article t>,
> "Marc" > wrote:
>
>> Made a big patch and let is scorch can I get rid of the flavor?
>>
>> Marc

> Personally, I think you're a screwed goose on this batch, but here's a
> tip for (shudder) next time: As soon as you discern that it's burned
> to the bottom, STOP STIRRING. Then, remove the pan from the heat and
> pour its contents into another pan. You now may well have a quantity
> of usable sauce sans burned taste. It'll work if you burn jam in a
> kettle, too. Don't ask me how I know these things.

That is an *excellent* tip, and works more often than not if you haven't
stirred up all the burnt-on gunk at all. I suppose it depends on how really
scorched the sauce is. Sometimes the flavour just permeates the sauce if
its gone too long.

Jill

Kajikit

Marc saw Sally selling seashells by the seashore and told us all about
it on Fri, 17 Oct 2003 18:56:49 GMT:

>Made a big patch and let is scorch can I get rid of the flavor?

Short answer - nope, not from this batch! But if you catch it as soon
as it starts to stick next time you can scrape it all off the bottom
of the pot and keep it from burning then too... and if you can't
scrape it all off then tip it right into a second pot and continue
cooking in there. Once the bottom of the pan is burnt it's burnt
forever...
(huggles)

~Karen AKA Kajikit

Nobody outstubborns a cat...

Visit my webpage: http://www.kajikitscorner.com
Marc

I knew all that but had to ask anyway - such a waste! The irony is that I
had sinus surgery last Friday and haven't regained my sense of smell. The
only thing that was present when I lifted the lid was the burnt smell my
youngest son tried to say that it wasn't that bad but what was all the smell
that I had.

Thanks,

Marc

"Marc" > wrote in message
k.net...
> Made a big patch and let is scorch can I get rid of the flavor?
>
> Marc

Doug Weller

On Fri, 17 Oct 2003 21:45:24 GMT, in rec.food.cooking, Curly Sue wrote:

>On Fri, 17 Oct 2003 18:56:49 GMT, "Marc" > wrote:
>
>>Made a big patch and let is scorch can I get rid of the flavor?
>>
>>Marc

>Use it for "Blackened Spaghetti." You might start a new food trend :>

If there aren't too many, I like the burned bits.

Doug
--
Doug Weller -- exorcise the demon to reply
Doug & Helen's Dogs http://www.dougandhelen.com

PlaneGuy

It probably wouldn't work, but I would attempt something - if you felt like
experimenting, and had low expectations.

Now, I am guessing that the burnt/scorched flavour was a slightly smoky
flavour. I would try adding a fair clump of bacon bits, and a little chilli.
The smokiness of the bacon, along with its flavour may do enough to remove
the nastiness from the burnt flavour. The chilli may also have some masking
characters.

As I said, probably won't work, but can't hurt trying.

Vox Humana

"PlaneGuy" > wrote in message
> It probably wouldn't work, but I would attempt something - if you felt

like
> experimenting, and had low expectations.
>
> Now, I am guessing that the burnt/scorched flavour was a slightly smoky
> flavour. I would try adding a fair clump of bacon bits, and a little

chilli.
> The smokiness of the bacon, along with its flavour may do enough to remove
> the nastiness from the burnt flavour. The chilli may also have some

masking
> characters.
>
> As I said, probably won't work, but can't hurt trying.

It sounds like throwing good money after bad to me.

Scorched by Hot Water Scott Dorsey Tea 1 06-09-2016 03:05 PM
I scorched! Julie Bove[_2_] General Cooking 5 14-06-2015 01:21 AM
Spaghetti Sauce Eleanor Creighton Recipes (moderated) 0 23-02-2007 12:15 AM
spaghetti sauce Tim Recipes 0 26-09-2004 12:53 AM
Discerning a flavor of a sauce mary General Cooking 2 30-06-2004 09:54 AM