Suzy Marsden

Default Tea n' Spice

For years I was able to purchase boxes of instant tea called Tea n' Spice (I
think that was the name) at Cost Plus. It came in a brown cardboard box
with black lettering and was made in San Francisco. It also came in loose
black tea form. The tea had a strong cinnamon flavor and smell. Cost Plus
has not carried it for over a year now and doesn't know where or even if it
is available anymore. I have searched everywhere online and so far, unable
to find it. Does anyone have a source for this tea? I'm down to my last
few spoonfuls. Thanks.

Suzy Marsden

Christeana M

Suzy,

Of course, they never came right out and said it, but I believe that was the
San Francisco Tea Company's signature fragrance I smelled.

You might try them at :

http://tinyurl.com/23kj8

As I think the San Francisco Herb Company is one and the same.

Cheers,
Christina

Suzy Marsden

Dear Christeana,

Thank you so much. Yes, I'm pretty sure it was the San Francisco Tea
Company's tea. That's why I remember it was from SF. I checked your
link, but didn't note the Tea n' Spice listed. I will contact them and see
if it's still available at their store. I live down in the South Bay so can
drive there if necessary. It was cinnamon flavored and fragranced, but I
think it also had some orange oil in it. The bulk tea was made from orange
pekoe. The instant tea was a light brown powder. I hope I can still get it
somewhere. Thanks to your suggestion, I finally have a lead!

Suzy

"Christeana M" > wrote in message
hlink.net...
> Suzy,
>
> Of course, they never came right out and said it, but I believe that was

the
> San Francisco Tea Company's signature fragrance I smelled.
>
> You might try them at :
>
> http://tinyurl.com/23kj8
>
> As I think the San Francisco Herb Company is one and the same.
>
> Cheers,
> Christina

Stephen Cadwell

Suzy Marsden wrote:
> For years I was able to purchase boxes of instant tea called Tea n' Spice (I
> think that was the name) at Cost Plus. It came in a brown cardboard box
> with black lettering and was made in San Francisco. It also came in loose
> black tea form. The tea had a strong cinnamon flavor and smell. Cost Plus
> has not carried it for over a year now and doesn't know where or even if it
> is available anymore. I have searched everywhere online and so far, unable
> to find it. Does anyone have a source for this tea? I'm down to my last
> few spoonfuls. Thanks.
>
> Suzy Marsden

Your Tea n' Spice sounds a lot like "Constant Comment," a black tea and
spice blend with orange peel. It is distributed by Bigelow and is
widely available in teabags; perhaps in other forms as well.
Tee King

On Mon, 09 Feb 2004 21:17:11 -0600, Stephen Cadwell
> tripped the light fantastic, then quipped:

>Suzy Marsden wrote:
>> For years I was able to purchase boxes of instant tea called Tea n' Spice (I
>> think that was the name) at Cost Plus. It came in a brown cardboard box
>> with black lettering and was made in San Francisco. It also came in loose
>> black tea form. The tea had a strong cinnamon flavor and smell. Cost Plus
>> has not carried it for over a year now and doesn't know where or even if it
>> is available anymore. I have searched everywhere online and so far, unable
>> to find it. Does anyone have a source for this tea? I'm down to my last
>> few spoonfuls. Thanks.
>>
>> Suzy Marsden

Market Spice Tea (with natural spices, flavored with cinnamon, orange
peel, and essential oils) isn't made in San Francisco, but originates
from the Pike Place Market in Seattle. It comes in brown cardboard
with black lettering...could this be what you seek? Here's a link:
http://www.madeinwashington.com/show...=9951&AtoZ=Yes
or http://tinyurl.com/2p3yl

Tee
http://www.geocities.com/tee_king
Remove -no-spam- to email me.

Christeana M

Sorry Suzy,

When I saw their Orange Spice, I bought it. I could swear that the Cost
Plus was the same as the bulk tea.

I served the Cost Plus version at my wedding, and it was pretty popular. So
I have fond associations with it.

Ah, well, I guess you could always write Cost Plus!

Christina

Christeana M

Hey, I think you hit the jackpot!

I have had this, and always assumed it was the same as the tea I used to buy
in the (lined) cloth bags called Orange Spice. I am thrilled that you found
this. Here's the link to their own, soon-to-be-website.
http://www.marketspice.com/

Thanks so much, Tee.

Christina
Who can't wait to place an order tomorrow.

Tee King

On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 06:25:10 GMT, "Christeana M" >
tripped the light fantastic, then quipped:

>Hey, I think you hit the jackpot!
>
>I have had this, and always assumed it was the same as the tea I used to buy
>in the (lined) cloth bags called Orange Spice. I am thrilled that you found
>this. Here's the link to their own, soon-to-be-website.
>http://www.marketspice.com/
>
>Thanks so much, Tee.
>
>Christina
>Who can't wait to place an order tomorrow.

You're quite welcome, Christina. I lived just outside Seattle for
three years, and Market Spice Tea is famous there, as well as being
well know all over the states. I don't care for it, personally, but
I've heard many extoll its virtues. I'm glad I could help you find
your tea. Enjoy!

Tee
http://www.geocities.com/tee_king
Remove -no-spam- to email me.
Suzy Marsden

I drink Constant Comment too. It's good, but orange, not cinnamon.

"Stephen Cadwell" > wrote in message
> Suzy Marsden wrote:
> > For years I was able to purchase boxes of instant tea called Tea n'

Spice (I
> > think that was the name) at Cost Plus. It came in a brown cardboard box
> > with black lettering and was made in San Francisco. It also came in

loose
> > black tea form. The tea had a strong cinnamon flavor and smell. Cost

Plus
> > has not carried it for over a year now and doesn't know where or even if

it
> > is available anymore. I have searched everywhere online and so far,

unable
> > to find it. Does anyone have a source for this tea? I'm down to my

last
> > few spoonfuls. Thanks.
> >
> > Suzy Marsden
> >

> Your Tea n' Spice sounds a lot like "Constant Comment," a black tea and
> spice blend with orange peel. It is distributed by Bigelow and is
> widely available in teabags; perhaps in other forms as well.

Suzy Marsden

No, it comes in a plain brown box, no coloring, except black lettering, and
is instant tea, but thanks.

"Tee King" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 09 Feb 2004 21:17:11 -0600, Stephen Cadwell
> > tripped the light fantastic, then quipped:
>
> >Suzy Marsden wrote:
> >> For years I was able to purchase boxes of instant tea called Tea n'

Spice (I
> >> think that was the name) at Cost Plus. It came in a brown cardboard

box
> >> with black lettering and was made in San Francisco. It also came in

loose
> >> black tea form. The tea had a strong cinnamon flavor and smell. Cost

Plus
> >> has not carried it for over a year now and doesn't know where or even

if it
> >> is available anymore. I have searched everywhere online and so far,

unable
> >> to find it. Does anyone have a source for this tea? I'm down to my

last
> >> few spoonfuls. Thanks.
> >>
> >> Suzy Marsden

> Market Spice Tea (with natural spices, flavored with cinnamon, orange
> peel, and essential oils) isn't made in San Francisco, but originates
> from the Pike Place Market in Seattle. It comes in brown cardboard
> with black lettering...could this be what you seek? Here's a link:
> http://www.madeinwashington.com/show...=9951&AtoZ=Yes
> or http://tinyurl.com/2p3yl
>
> Tee
> http://www.geocities.com/tee_king
> Remove -no-spam- to email me.

Suzy Marsden

Default Tea n' Spice (I FOUND IT!)

Thank you to everyone. After a lot more searching all over the net,
emailing, and calling I have finally found a couple of sources for the tea
that I was looking for. It's name was actually: TN Spice, which was carried
at Cost Plus. TN Spice Company is in San Leandro CA and is part of a whole
family of companies: East India Tea and Coffee LTD, JBR Gourmet Foods Inc.,
Rogers Family Coffee, and SF Bay Coffee, and probably more. I'm not sure
which one is the parent company but they are all there at: 1933 Davis St.
San Leandro CA 94577 510 638-1300. They have no retail outlets for the tea
in CA at this time, although if you can get a store to call their sales rep
and order it, they will be happy to oblige. But they do have a web site:
http://www.sfbaycoffee.com/sfbayshop...8227a39abaf39e
(this is the order page for the instant tea) I just ordered 7 boxes (one
for a friend). If you place a minimum order of $25, shipping is free. It's
$4.99/box.

The other source for this tea online is via the Lake Superior Trading Post
in MN at:
http://www.lstp.com/Merchant2/mercha...tegory_Code=LF
By email with them through Eric I was able to find out the name of the
company who manufactures the tea and found out that they have filled several
orders from Californians who have been unable to find it here anymore. They
charge $4.50/box. Shipping is $6 for any order amount from their site.
They carry lots of things besides tea.

I spoke a long time with a rep at the SF Herb Co. He says there have been
lots of companies who carry a cinnamon orange tea. Most are flavored with a
synthetic cinnamon oil that came from Belgium (I think) or at least
somewhere in Europe, but it was explosive, and became difficult or even
illegal to import. In any case, there must still be numerous companies with
their own special blend of this flavored tea. I'm just so happy to have
found the one that I have always bought.

The www.sfbaycoffee.com site also carries it in the bulk tea form and plan
to carry some of their products on amazon.com. For those of you who are not
familiar with their instant tea---- it's a fine powder that dissolves
instantly in hot water, has no sugar, but seems sweet, and tastes like red
hots when you make it strong enough, which is how I like it. I have an
instant hot water dispenser. It is so convenient. Just a couple mounded
spoonfuls (years ago they enclosed a plastic ¼ tsp measuring spoon in each
bag which I use ) in a mug, then add the water and it doesn't even
need to be stirred! The bulk form tastes the same.

Anyway, I hope this helps if anyone was looking for this tea too!

Suzy

"Tee King" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 09 Feb 2004 21:17:11 -0600, Stephen Cadwell
> > tripped the light fantastic, then quipped:
>
> >Suzy Marsden wrote:
> >> For years I was able to purchase boxes of instant tea called Tea n'

Spice (I
> >> think that was the name) at Cost Plus. It came in a brown cardboard

box
> >> with black lettering and was made in San Francisco. It also came in

loose
> >> black tea form. The tea had a strong cinnamon flavor and smell. Cost

Plus
> >> has not carried it for over a year now and doesn't know where or even

if it
> >> is available anymore. I have searched everywhere online and so far,

unable
> >> to find it. Does anyone have a source for this tea? I'm down to my

last
> >> few spoonfuls. Thanks.
> >>
> >> Suzy Marsden

> Market Spice Tea (with natural spices, flavored with cinnamon, orange
> peel, and essential oils) isn't made in San Francisco, but originates
> from the Pike Place Market in Seattle. It comes in brown cardboard
> with black lettering...could this be what you seek? Here's a link:
> http://www.madeinwashington.com/show...=9951&AtoZ=Yes
> or http://tinyurl.com/2p3yl
>
> Tee
> http://www.geocities.com/tee_king
> Remove -no-spam- to email me.

Michael Plant

Suzy .com2/10/04

> No, it comes in a plain brown box, no coloring, except black lettering, and
> is instant tea, but thanks.

Suzy,

Tea porn?

Michael

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Thank you all for chasing this down. Since Cost Plus was purchased by Bed Bath and Beyond, I have been looking for "Tea N Spice" tea. When I would ask at the stores, people would look at me like I'd lost my mind. I used the loose leaf tea for years. The formulation of all the spices made it tasty enough that no sugars were needed. LOVED it both hot and iced.

--
For full context, visit https://www.drinksforum.com/tea/tea-n-spice-22724-.htm

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Kim Kim is offline

Suzy, do you know if this tea is still available, I have been trying to find it for years now.

--
For full context, visit https://www.drinksforum.com/tea/tea-n-spice-22724-.htm

Spice mix ID. Help! Silvar Beitel[_2_] General Cooking 5 15-02-2013 11:56 PM
Best spice? Was: Best Online Spice Shop Andy[_2_] General Cooking 27 12-10-2008 04:33 PM
Is all spice the same Univeros General Cooking 4 19-09-2008 03:23 AM
SPICE MIX No Name General Cooking 3 14-08-2008 02:07 AM
5-spice plus one Blair P. Houghton General Cooking 13 23-04-2006 05:23 PM