Jacque

Default Starbucks Chai Latte

I go to Starbucks and get their Tazo Chai Latte everyday. It is
getting very expensive. I tried buying the stuff they sell but I
don't think it is the same as what they use. I have to put more than
half a cup of the boxed stuff and then fill the rest with milk. It
still doesn't taste as strong. When I go to Starbucks they only put 6
pumps for a venti and it tastes great. Are they using a concentrate
behind the counter and they sell a watered down version?
happy

Yes, it is a concentrate. I'm a barista @ starbucks, and the recipe
for a chai latte is usually but not always, 3 | 4 | 5 pumps chai for
every tall | grande | venti, with water to dilute the concentrate.
Milk is then added, and a dallop of foam. Many customers ask for "No
h20." I recommend adding sucralose for an imitation to the concentrate
sweetness.

(Jacque) wrote in message . com>...
> I go to Starbucks and get their Tazo Chai Latte everyday. It is
> getting very expensive. I tried buying the stuff they sell but I
> don't think it is the same as what they use. I have to put more than
> half a cup of the boxed stuff and then fill the rest with milk. It
> still doesn't taste as strong. When I go to Starbucks they only put 6
> pumps for a venti and it tastes great. Are they using a concentrate
> behind the counter and they sell a watered down version?

Robert Klute

On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 11:46:58 GMT, Michael Plant >
wrote:

. com1/23/04

>> Yes, it is a concentrate. I'm a barista @ starbucks, and the recipe
>> for a chai latte is usually but not always, 3 | 4 | 5 pumps chai for
>> every tall | grande | venti, with water to dilute the concentrate.
>> Milk is then added, and a dallop of foam. Many customers ask for "No
>> h20." I recommend adding sucralose for an imitation to the concentrate
>> sweetness.

>First, of all, what the bloody hell is a "barista." If you're a waiter, say
>"waiter." Second, what on earth is a f***ing "tall," "grande," "venti"? I
>suspect you meant to say "small," "medium," "large," right? So, say it. Damn
>company can go to bloody hell.
>
>Not that I'd have an opinion on this, barista.
>
>Now, excuse me please. I've got to go out to buy my sucralose.
>
>Put this under, "Posts You Wish You'd Trashed" -- except I don't.

Not to butt in, but I will. Your reply is extremely rude and shows your
complete ignorance of manners and/or the topic being discussed.

No matter how affected you may feel the term is, Barista IS Starbucks'
term the position. It is a real word. It is Italian for barkeeper and
is commonly used for the person who operates the expresso machine.

Tall/Grande/Venti is Starbucks' terminology for their serving sizes. It
may represent small/medium/large, and while I wish that was what they
did put on their menu, it ain't. So, live with it, but don't take it
out on happymexicansock.
Dog Ma 1

> No matter how affected you may feel the term is, Barista IS Starbucks'
> term the position. It is a real word. It is Italian for barkeeper and
> is commonly used for the person who operates the expresso machine.

Over dinner tonight, we were discussing billboards promoting Dunkin' Donuts'
assault on Stabucks lattes, and wondered how they'd brand their
brewmeisters: Dunkeisters? Dunquistadores?

Michael Plant

Well, Robert, you did butt in, and rightfully so. I held off answering your
post for a couple days, and now that I'm calmed down and sitting comfortably
in my office drinking a fruity Phoenix Mountain Dan Cong this somewhat snowy
morning, let me say....

You're right.
I'm wrong.
I'm sorry.

Happymexicansock, please forgive me, and don't take it personal. Starbucks
just kicks off my worst most intolerant and intolerable language control
freak qualities. Please come back and join the fray.

Michael

Robert 1/23/04

1/23/04

>>> Yes, it is a concentrate. I'm a barista @ starbucks, and the recipe
>>> for a chai latte is usually but not always, 3 | 4 | 5 pumps chai for
>>> every tall | grande | venti, with water to dilute the concentrate.
>>> Milk is then added, and a dallop of foam. Many customers ask for "No
>>> h20." I recommend adding sucralose for an imitation to the concentrate
>>> sweetness.

>> First, of all, what the bloody hell is a "barista." If you're a waiter, say
>> "waiter." Second, what on earth is a f***ing "tall," "grande," "venti"? I
>> suspect you meant to say "small," "medium," "large," right? So, say it. Damn
>> company can go to bloody hell.
>>
>> Not that I'd have an opinion on this, barista.
>>
>> Now, excuse me please. I've got to go out to buy my sucralose.
>>
>> Put this under, "Posts You Wish You'd Trashed" -- except I don't.

> Not to butt in, but I will. Your reply is extremely rude and shows your
> complete ignorance of manners and/or the topic being discussed.
>
> No matter how affected you may feel the term is, Barista IS Starbucks'
> term the position. It is a real word. It is Italian for barkeeper and
> is commonly used for the person who operates the expresso machine.
>
> Tall/Grande/Venti is Starbucks' terminology for their serving sizes. It
> may represent small/medium/large, and while I wish that was what they
> did put on their menu, it ain't. So, live with it, but don't take it
> out on happymexicansock.

Big Ape

Michael Plant > wrote in message >...
> Well, Robert, you did butt in, and rightfully so. I held off answering your
> post for a couple days, and now that I'm calmed down and sitting comfortably
> in my office drinking a fruity Phoenix Mountain Dan Cong this somewhat snowy
> morning, let me say....
>
> You're right.
> I'm wrong.
> I'm sorry.
>
> Happymexicansock, please forgive me, and don't take it personal. Starbucks
> just kicks off my worst most intolerant and intolerable language control
> freak qualities. Please come back and join the fray.
>
> Michael

snip

Okay, I take back my comment. Enjoy your tea.
Ripon

Michael Plant > wrote in message >...
> Well, Robert, you did butt in, and rightfully so. I held off answering your
> post for a couple days, and now that I'm calmed down and sitting comfortably
> in my office drinking a fruity Phoenix Mountain Dan Cong this somewhat snowy
> morning, let me say....
>
> You're right.
> I'm wrong.
> I'm sorry.
>
> Happymexicansock, please forgive me, and don't take it personal. Starbucks
> just kicks off my worst most intolerant and intolerable language control
> freak qualities. Please come back and join the fray.
>
> Michael

Dear Michael & all:

I know Michael quiet a long and let me tell you this- whatever michael
said, it's totally out of his character. He is a very knowledgable man
about tea and an essential pal of ours. I acted the same way once and
asked forgiveness. We are human, not robot- so all of us sometimes
loose temper. Happymexicansock- please be happy again. The reason I am
putting my butt in - Michael is a very gentleman. We shouldn't have
any missunderstanding about him.

Anyway, lets come back to our tea world.
Ripon

Michael Plant > wrote in message >...
> Well, Robert, you did butt in, and rightfully so. I held off answering your
> post for a couple days, and now that I'm calmed down and sitting comfortably
> in my office drinking a fruity Phoenix Mountain Dan Cong this somewhat snowy
> morning, let me say....
>
> You're right.
> I'm wrong.
> I'm sorry.
>
> Happymexicansock, please forgive me, and don't take it personal. Starbucks
> just kicks off my worst most intolerant and intolerable language control
> freak qualities. Please come back and join the fray.
>
> Michael

Dear Michael & all:

I know Michael quiet a long and let me tell you this- whatever Michael
said, it's totally out of his character. He is a very knowledgeable
man about tea and an essential pal of ours. I acted the same way once
and asked forgiveness. We are human, not robot- so all of us sometimes
loose temper. Happymexicansock- please be happy again. The reason I am
putting my butt in - Michael is a very gentleman. We shouldn't have
any misunderstanding about him.

Anyway, let's talk about tea again.

Ripon
(Dhaka, Bangladesh)

Robert Klute

I can understand that finding a post on rec.food.drink.tea that used the
words Starbucks and Latte can be very exasperating, even if separated by
chai. Then to have it followed up with a post that used nonsencical
words like Venti and Grande could drive someone to diatribe.

However, this IS a forum dedicated to the refined pleasures of tea, so
some restraint and decorum is expected. Without it how would some of us
have the courage to admit that we blend our Darjeelings with Assams so
that they will stand up to milk be added.

Natarajan Krishnaswami

On 26 Jan 2004 09:19:51 -0800, Big Ape > wrote:
> http://kosumo.faereal.net/random/STFU.jpg

Hahaha! Fantastic. But this being RFDT, the other one is a little
less ambiguously on-topic:
http://kosumo.faereal.net/random/STFU2.jpg

:-)

N.
Michael Plant

Natarajan /27/04

> :-)
>
> N.

Thanks, guys. They're both cool. I've used the first one as wall paper --
just as a little thought provoker and clicker brake.

Michael