Jonathan Kandell

Default New Group: Whole Grain Baking

A new email group has been created which might be of interest to some
folks he Whole Grain Baking.

Group description: "Baking with whole grain is a different 'beast' than
white flour. This group explores techniques, recipes, and philosophies
for whole-grain baking of bread and deserts. This is not a group for
people drawn kicking and screaming for health reasons, but for those of
us who prefer the taste of the real deal to "fluffo". Post favorite
recipes, techniques, questions, conversions, etc. Discuss desem,
volkornbrot, authentic pumpernickel, sourdough, borodinsky,
east-european and slavic rye, scalded rye, poilane, pita, chipatti,
kolos, landbrot, and other of the world's great whole-grain
masterpieces. Or share your own invented recipes. The topics also
branch out to overlapping issues such as philosophy, the slow food
movement, organic ingredients, home milling, and health issues. The
only rule is: nothing may include more than 15% white flour!"

Please note this group is not intended to curtail discussion on rfs.
This group is great! My hope is the wholegrain-baking list will
complement the discussions here for those of us have our own beast to
tame.

cheers,
Jonathan