Member

Default Whole Grain Pasta vs. Whole Grain Bread

I had always thought that one whole grain was just as healthy as another whole grain. Then I came across an article discussing the differences and it really got me thinking.

Where can I find out more?
What are your thoughts?

Here is the original article: Whole Grain Pasta vs. Whole Grain Bread | WHOLE GRAIN CORNER
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Apr 26, 9:16*am, JanetPelle
> wrote:
> I had always thought that one whole grain was just as healthy as another
> whole grain. Then I came across an article discussing the differences
> and it really got me thinking.
>
> Where can I find out more?
> What are your thoughts?

If you want actual whole grain bread or pasta you have to either mill
the flour yourself, or get a reliable source for freshly milled
wholegrain and make it yourself, because there are oils in wheat
berries that will become rancid fairly quickly on a grocery shelf if
certain parts of the berry aren't removed during the milling process.
I was surprised that pasta had a lower index than bread though.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"JanetPelle" > wrote in message

> I had always thought that one whole grain was just as healthy as another
> whole grain. Then I came across an article discussing the differences
> and it really got me thinking.
>
> Where can I find out more?
> What are your thoughts?
>
> Here is the original article: 'Whole Grain Pasta vs. Whole Grain Bread |
> WHOLE GRAIN CORNER'
> (http://www.wholegrainpasta.ca/whole-...e-grain-bread/)

What? That link says no such thing! Does not say to eat pasta instead of
bread even though the title makes it sound like it does. And it uses the
glycemic index which is flawed from the git go.

What are my thoughts? You shouldn't be posting this kind of stuff here.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"The Other Guy" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 26 Apr 2013 19:53:57 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>

>>What? That link says no such thing!

> The mere NAME of the site should be a large red flag.

Yeah.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/27/2013 1:01 AM, The Other Guy wrote:
> On Fri, 26 Apr 2013 19:53:57 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>

>> What? That link says no such thing!

> The mere NAME of the site should be a large red flag.

Consider the source, a poster from Foodbanter.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:
> On 4/27/2013 1:01 AM, The Other Guy wrote:
>> On Fri, 26 Apr 2013 19:53:57 -0700, "Julie Bove"
>> > wrote:
>>

>>> What? That link says no such thing!

>> The mere NAME of the site should be a large red flag.
>>

> Consider the source, a poster from Foodbanter.

Oh. Didn't notice that.

Whole grain bread Diane M Baking 1 12-07-2006 11:12 PM
Whole Grain Bread Terry Stautzenberger, Jr. Recipes (moderated) 0 03-03-2006 05:50 PM
5-grain-bread Ulrike Westphal Sourdough 3 22-04-2005 08:26 AM
5-grain-bread Ulrike Westphal Sourdough 0 07-04-2005 07:15 PM
7-Grain Bread April Cahan Recipes (moderated) 0 15-03-2005 11:18 AM