Posted to rec.food.baking

Default King Arthur Flour Whole Grain Baking: Delicious Recipes Using Nutritious Whole Grains

http://www.amazon.com/Arthur-Flour-W...e=UTF8&s=books

or

Posted to rec.food.baking

"Dee Randall" > wrote in message
> http://www.amazon.com/Arthur-Flour-W...e=UTF8&s=books

Sent in error - excuse, please.

However, reading a comment on this site, I see it said,
"The knowledge that both Cinnamon and Garlic can impair the rising process
in breads is in itself worth the price of the book."

Hmm - I've made cinnamon bread in the bread machine so many times and I've
never had problems with it rising, usually it has a good portion of wheat
flour in it as well.

Dee

Posted to rec.food.baking

Dee Randall wrote:

> However, reading a comment on this site, I see it said,
> "The knowledge that both Cinnamon and Garlic can impair the rising process
> in breads is in itself worth the price of the book."
>
> Hmm - I've made cinnamon bread in the bread machine so many times and I've
> never had problems with it rising, usually it has a good portion of wheat
> flour in it as well.

It's a question of quantity. A small amount won't inhibit the
yeast, but a large enough amount will.

The same is true of salt. Put in a bit and it enhances the
flavor of the bread. Put in a lot and it kills the yeast.

--
Reg