Robert

Default My Dough Is Rising!

Hello all,

I just got back from the bars and am quite excited to see that my dough has
doubled in size in 12 hours. I'm Pre-heating the oven as I type this.
Fingers crossed. Let's hope I can stay awake long enough to see the end
product!

This is my third attempt at sour dough. My first two attempts resulted in a
decent tasting bread that hardly rose at all and had a crust so hard and
thick that you needed a chain saw to cut thru it.

This time I doubled the amount of starter (as per the suggestions of
several people from this group several months ago after my last failure)
and that seems to have worked as far as making my dough rise.

The recipe I followed was:
1/4 cup starter (I used at least 1/2 cup)
1 cup whole wheat flour
5 1/2 cups white bread flour
2 1/2 cups water
2 tsp salt

This recipes makes 2 loaves

This is the best rise I've had yet. Wish me luck!
Tashi_Aunt

Robert > wrote in message . 63.158>...
> Hello all,
>
> I just got back from the bars and am quite excited to see that my dough has
> doubled in size in 12 hours. I'm Pre-heating the oven as I type this.
> Fingers crossed. Let's hope I can stay awake long enough to see the end
> product!

snip
> The recipe I followed was:
> 1/4 cup starter (I used at least 1/2 cup)
> 1 cup whole wheat flour
> 5 1/2 cups white bread flour
> 2 1/2 cups water
> 2 tsp salt
>
> This recipes makes 2 loaves
>
> This is the best rise I've had yet. Wish me luck!

From long experience, 1/2 cup starter is the proper amount. I hope the
bread came out well!

Dough not rising Shelby A. LaMothe Sourdough 36 12-08-2005 04:16 PM
Dough not rising...why? blondmom Sourdough 8 02-01-2005 02:05 AM
dough not rising? blondmom Baking 2 01-01-2005 08:14 PM
Dough not rising...why? blondmom Sourdough 0 01-01-2005 08:11 PM
dough not rising? blondmom Baking 0 01-01-2005 08:08 PM