ab

Default Dick Adams' bread

I must compliment you Mr. Adams.

After viewing your loaves, baked both in and out of pans, I wondered if you
had conned us by photographing only the ones which came out best.

So I baked a loaf following your explicit instructions and came up with a
very tasty item. I am impressed and intend to retain the recipe for future
"loafing."

Only one thing I do that you do not mention. When I place the dough in the
pan to begin it's rise, I lightly spray the top of the dough with cooking
spray. I then cover the pan with plastic wrap and insert a few small holes
therein, (the wrap not the pan). The wrap comes off cleanly at baking time
and the moisture is kept in during time of rise.

AB

Dick Adams

"ab" > wrote in message=20

> After viewing your loaves, baked both in and out of pans,=20
> I wondered if you had conned us by photographing only=20
> the ones which came out best.

No point to photograph unphotogenic objects.

> I baked a loaf following your explicit instructions and=20
> came up with a very tasty item. I am impressed and intend=20
> to retain the recipe for future"loafing."

Don't discount the possibility of dumb luck. It often strikes
on the first try. Well, if you should lose the "recipe", you can=20
always search it up on the Web, or figure it out de novo using
the calculator at http://samartha.net.

> Only one thing I do that you do not mention. When I place=20
> the dough in the pan to begin it's rise, I lightly spray the top=20
> of the dough with cooking spray. I then cover the pan with=20
> plastic wrap and insert a few small holes therein, (the wrap=20
> not the pan). The wrap comes off cleanly at baking time and=20
> the moisture is kept in during time of rise.

That is interesting. But I should tell you that my rising loaves
are always covered or enclosed. Almost always it is under
the translucent plastic base of a garment storage box also
covering wetted items like cellulose sponges or a dishtowel.
(For some purposes, thermostated heat is supplied, from=20
resistive elements underneath.) If that is omitted somewhere=20
in my web-posted stuff, I would like to know just where.

--=20
Dick Adams
<firstname> dot <lastname>at bigfoot dot com

ab

"Dick Adams" > wrote in message

Don't discount the possibility of dumb luck. It often strikes
on the first try. Well, if you should lose the "recipe", you can
always search it up on the Web, or figure it out de novo using
the calculator at http://samartha.net.

Don't discount the reality of a good "recipe." Have used it more than once
at this juncture. Results all good. This is my first try only as it relates
to your method. Have been working with sourdough for over 15 years.

That is interesting. But I should tell you that my rising loaves
are always covered or enclosed. Almost always it is under
the translucent plastic base of a garment storage box also
covering wetted items like cellulose sponges or a dishtowel.
(For some purposes, thermostated heat is supplied, from
resistive elements underneath.) If that is omitted somewhere
in my web-posted stuff, I would like to know just where.

My intention was to present the techinique I used to keep the dough moist.
It was not to say that you didn't mention "covering" during rise. My "spray
& wrap" method works me as I am sure covering as you do does the job also.

AB