Dick Adams

Default Dick Adams' bread

"ab" > wrote in message=20

> After viewing your loaves, baked both in and out of pans,=20
> I wondered if you had conned us by photographing only=20
> the ones which came out best.

No point to photograph unphotogenic objects.

> I baked a loaf following your explicit instructions and=20
> came up with a very tasty item. I am impressed and intend=20
> to retain the recipe for future"loafing."

Don't discount the possibility of dumb luck. It often strikes
on the first try. Well, if you should lose the "recipe", you can=20
always search it up on the Web, or figure it out de novo using
the calculator at http://samartha.net.

> Only one thing I do that you do not mention. When I place=20
> the dough in the pan to begin it's rise, I lightly spray the top=20
> of the dough with cooking spray. I then cover the pan with=20
> plastic wrap and insert a few small holes therein, (the wrap=20
> not the pan). The wrap comes off cleanly at baking time and=20
> the moisture is kept in during time of rise.

That is interesting. But I should tell you that my rising loaves
are always covered or enclosed. Almost always it is under
the translucent plastic base of a garment storage box also
covering wetted items like cellulose sponges or a dishtowel.
(For some purposes, thermostated heat is supplied, from=20
resistive elements underneath.) If that is omitted somewhere=20
in my web-posted stuff, I would like to know just where.

--=20
Dick Adams
<firstname> dot <lastname>at bigfoot dot com