Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default What is a cecil adams fan

I looked at alt.fan.cecil-adams and could not sense any theme.
I guess he's sort of a male "Marilyn Vos Savant"?
Thanks,
Dee Dee

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dee Randall wrote:

> I looked at alt.fan.cecil-adams and could not sense any theme.
> I guess he's sort of a male "Marilyn Vos Savant"?

http:/www.straightdope.com/

Brian
won't shut up.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2006-03-20, Dee Randall > wrote:

> I looked at alt.fan.cecil-adams and could not sense any theme.
> I guess he's sort of a male "Marilyn Vos Savant"?

He started as a column in one of the old free-press papers.

http://www.straightdope.com/

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"notbob" > wrote in message
. ..
> On 2006-03-20, Dee Randall > wrote:
>
>> I looked at alt.fan.cecil-adams and could not sense any theme.
>> I guess he's sort of a male "Marilyn Vos Savant"?

> He started as a column in one of the old free-press papers.
>
> http://www.straightdope.com/
>
> nb

Thanks, nb.
Straight Dopey! Ha Ha!
Dee Dee

Posted to rec.food.cooking

notbob wrote:
> On 2006-03-20, Dee Randall > wrote:
>
> > I looked at alt.fan.cecil-adams and could not sense any theme.
> > I guess he's sort of a male "Marilyn Vos Savant"?

> He started as a column in one of the old free-press papers.
>
> http://www.straightdope.com/
>
> nb

Wow, that's amazing! He started as a column, then became human!!
Amazing transition. Wonder if it hurt? <g>

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon 20 Mar 2006 08:52:53a, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Jude?

> notbob wrote:
>> On 2006-03-20, Dee Randall > wrote:
>>
>> > I looked at alt.fan.cecil-adams and could not sense any theme.
>> > I guess he's sort of a male "Marilyn Vos Savant"?

>> He started as a column in one of the old free-press papers.
>>
>> http://www.straightdope.com/
>>
>> nb

> Wow, that's amazing! He started as a column, then became human!!
> Amazing transition. Wonder if it hurt? <g>

Some people have turned to pillars of salt, too. Wonder which is worse? <g>

--
Wayne Boatwright Õ¿Õ¬

Posted to rec.food.cooking

http://www.straightdope.com/

You're welcome.

On Mon, 20 Mar 2006 00:43:30 -0500, Dee Randall > wrote:
> I looked at alt.fan.cecil-adams and could not sense any theme.
> I guess he's sort of a male "Marilyn Vos Savant"?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

N.B. I was once the subject of a Straight Dope column (not the
submitter of the question, but the person the question was about).
Cecil got his answer wrong, but he didn't actually name me so I didn't
kick his ass for it.

--Blair

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> N.B. *I was once the subject of a Straight Dope column

Hey, tell us more! I got a letter in his column, and subsequently one
of his books, but you've definitely got me trumped.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

that's more obvious case; it's not the one that caused the argument,
though

--Blair

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Blair P. Houghton wrote:

> that's more obvious case; it's not the one that caused the argument,
> though

What isn't? I know you know that you're supposed to quote.

Brian
won't shut up.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Hi Blair,
Sorry this is no help Im new to this group and was just ready the
Threads your reply just got me mainly my ribs after laughing
That is."Curry an horse" thats straight im my witty response
folder.
Cheers Alan.

"Blair P. Houghton" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> I'll post how I choose to post. You can look back through the thread
> if you want to know what I meant. If you can't look back through the
> thread, then you've probably got horses to curry and an outhouse to
> dig.
>
> --Blair

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Blair P. Houghton wrote:

> I'll post how I choose to post.

Moron.

*plonk*

Brian
won't shut up.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Alan wrote:

> Hi Blair,
> Sorry this is no help Im new to this group and was just ready the
> Threads your reply just got me mainly my ribs after laughing
> That is."Curry an horse" thats straight im my witty response
> folder.
> Cheers Alan.

No, that's not witty in the slightest. The idea of a Google moron
thinking he's higher tech than someone using a dedicated newsreader is
laughable. Google's about the worst news solution out there, with it's
determinedly broken reply that has become a scourge on usenet.

Blair knows better, but he's just an asshole. And unlike with Google,
my horse and buggy newsreader can do something about it, by killfiling
his worthless ass.

Brian
won't shut up.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default User wrote:
> No, that's not witty in the slightest.

Translation: it was hilarious but it was at my idiotic expense so i'm
going to deny reality so hard it breaks my keyboard.

> The idea of a Google moron
> thinking he's higher tech than someone using a dedicated newsreader is
> laughable. Google's about the worst news solution out there, with it's
> determinedly broken reply that has become a scourge on usenet.
>
> Blair knows better, but he's just an asshole. And unlike with Google,
> my horse and buggy newsreader can do something about it,

Get a newsreader that can track back through a thread. Please.

Google's not perfect; it's not even very good; but after 20+ years on
Usenet using rn and trn and Outlook and (what's that other one...can't
remember it...was it Opera...no...something opera-like) I'm getting
enough value out of Google that I'm not going to bother with the
difficulties inherent in the others.

> by killfiling
> his worthless ass.

Ignore what you want, but don't come whining to me when you turn out
ignorant.

--Blair

P.S. Bob, this "Default User" guy is a "newsreader snob". And a
backwards one at that.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> Blair P. Houghton wrote:
>
> > I'll post how I choose to post.

> Moron.
>

> *plonk*
>

> Brian
> --
> If televison's a babysitter, the Internet is a drunk librarian who
> won't shut up.
> -- Dorothy Gambrell (http://catandgirl.com)

Good. Not having you make similar mistakes about my posts will save us
all a lot of ink.

--Blair
"Kiss Sheldon on your way out."

Sam Adams Beer Doug Brown Beer 1 21-07-2007 03:56 AM
Sam Adams Utopia Bill Becker Beer 9 11-12-2005 05:34 PM
Cecil's in St. Paul - In search of schmaltz Melba's Jammin' General Cooking 7 19-11-2005 07:11 PM
Sam Adams Boston Ale??? Jack Beer 11 14-09-2005 03:56 AM
thought of u D.Adams jajaj Sourdough 0 25-07-2004 03:39 AM