HUTCHNDI

Default Dick Adams Funky Loaves

After visiting this link http://home.att.net/~dick.adams/bread.html I think
I am lost on the purpose of it. This is basically using a homemade loaf pan.
Why was this done? Frustration? And why the cloth lined baskets, air isn't
getting thru the foil anyways?

Please, I might just be missing the point, feel free to kick me.

Hutchndi

Samartha Deva

HUTCHNDI wrote:

> After visiting this link http://home.att.net/~dick.adams/bread.html I think
> I am lost on the purpose of it.

Question: Why do you need a "purpose" to do something? The loafs look
nice, quite unique - so...

Suggest to try to do things without "purpose" - may exercise unused
brain areas leading to expressions like "voila", "uups!", "yeeii",
"shit", "great", etc.

See the http://www.scienceblog.com/cms/node/7036

> This is basically using a homemade loaf pan.
> Why was this done? Frustration? And why the cloth lined baskets, air isn't
> getting thru the foil anyways?

Seems you're playing games - ok, so searching that page on words
"cloth", "lined" hits nothing, basket appears twice, in strings:

"with foils into basket",
"shape of the baskets"

So - there must be something you are trying to communicate...

> Please, I might just be missing the point, feel free to kick me.

Ah - there you go. Depends where you live, there may be bars or clubs in
some areas, but on the sourdough newsgroup? Are you OK or are you
smoking something?

If so, try gentle music, some chocolate, relax on you favotite place
(sofa?), lean back, enjoy and don't worry about bread, sourdough and DA
until Sunday.

Samartha
Dick Adams

"HUTCHNDI" > wrote in message =
newsVcWd.22772$Az.1450@lakeread02...

> After visiting this link http://home.att.net/~dick.adams/bread.html I =

think
> I am lost on the purpose of it.

I dint know then how to keep the loaves from spreading way out.=20

> This is basically using a homemade loaf pan. Why was this done? =20
> Frustration? And why the cloth lined baskets, air isn't getting thru=20
> the foil anyways?

First I had tried the linen-liner trick. Simply too lazy to remove the
liners afterwards. (Frustration is chronic and endemic.)

Anyway I don't do it in that way anymore. Now I am making
swarthy dense cylindrical laxative loaves in my crock pot.

Amazingly, crock-pot cooking makes the dough turn dark brown.
( Please see =
http://www.prettycolors.com/bread%5F...or%5Fchange.j=
pg )
(Thinking it may be counterfeit Pumpernickel, the Pumpernickel=20
Police are on the move.)

(The incubator shown on the mentioned web page is being used these
days to start veggie seedlings for the garden.)

You might also be interested in flower-pot bread cooking:
http://home.att.net/~carlsfriends/ca...isanalLoaf.htm

> Please, I might just be missing the point, feel free to kick me.

Could that be done electronically? Brilliant idea, but needs more
thought!

--
DickA

Dick Adams

"HUTCHNDI" > wrote in message =
newsVcWd.22772$Az.1450@lakeread02...

> After visiting this link http://home.att.net/~dick.adams/bread.html I =

think
> I am lost on the purpose of it.

I dint know then how to keep the loaves from spreading way out.=20

> This is basically using a homemade loaf pan. Why was this done? =20
> Frustration? And why the cloth lined baskets, air isn't getting thru=20
> the foil anyways?

First I had tried the linen-liner trick. Simply too lazy to remove the
liners afterwards. (Frustration is chronic and endemic.)

Anyway I don't do it in that way anymore. Now I am making
swarthy dense cylindrical laxative loaves in my crock pot.

Amazingly, crock-pot cooking makes the dough turn dark brown.
( Please see =
http://www.prettycolors.com/bread%5F...or%5Fchange.j=
pg )
(Thinking it may be counterfeit Pumpernickel, the Pumpernickel=20
Police are on the move.)

(The incubator shown on the mentioned web page is being used these
days to start veggie seedlings for the garden.)

You might also be interested in flower-pot bread cooking:
http://home.att.net/~carlsfriends/ca...isanalLoaf.htm

> Please, I might just be missing the point, feel free to kick me.

Could that be done electronically? Brilliant idea, but needs more
thought!

--
DickA

HUTCHNDI

http://www.prettycolors.com/bread%5F...r%5Fchange.jpg )
(Thinking it may be counterfeit Pumpernickel, the Pumpernickel
Police are on the move.)

(The incubator shown on the mentioned web page is being used these
days to start veggie seedlings for the garden.)

You might also be interested in flower-pot bread cooking:
http://home.att.net/~carlsfriends/ca...isanalLoaf.htm

> Please, I might just be missing the point, feel free to kick me.

Could that be done electronically? Brilliant idea, but needs more
thought!

--
DickA

Well, you certainly had no lack of ingenuity. The loaves certainly do look
great, I wasnt suggesting otherwise. I was just momentarily confused. I use
your very nice basic recipe for two loaves, with a few simple
modifications, and things are working quite nicely. So when I happened on
this, I thought maybe you had decided that wonderful simplicity really didnt
give good enough results. (Believe me, a few months ago if I had seen this
link, I would have been bending coathangers and playing with tin foil on my
very next loaf).
Now I am even more confused. You wrote about "swarthy dense cylindrical
laxative loaves". Laxative loaves? And Samartha seems to think I am smoking
something....

As for electronic butt kicking, I present my E- ass: ( )( )

Dick Adams

"HUTCHNDI" > wrote in message =

> Now I am even more confused. You wrote about "swarthy dense =

cylindrical
> laxative loaves". Laxative loaves?

Yes, very healthy, and, furthermore, dietic. The velocity of =
peristalsis=20
inspired by coarsely ground grain is patently nonconducive to the =
alimentary=20
uptake of caloric substance.=20

> And Samartha seems to think I am smoking something ...

Noobies are frequently smokers. Seasoned rustic bakers have better =
things
to do with their herbs ...=20

> As for electronic butt kicking, I present my E- ass: ( )( )

It takes 'em (noobies) a while to learn to keep their asses in.

Gonorio Dineri

"Dick Adams" > wrote in
:

> Noobies are frequently smokers. Seasoned rustic bakers have better
> things to do with their herbs ...

Really? Then how about this (Dick and Samartha take note...)?

INGREDIENTS

1 pound unsalted butter (or olive oil)
1 ounce "herb"

INSTRUCTIONS

1. Cook herb in butter over low heat for 2 hours.

2. Strain hot herbed butter into container, and squeeze out all excess
butter from herb

3. Stash butter-flavored herb away in a baggie in the freezer for a
really rainy day.

4. Save _herbed_ butter in refrigerator for use in bread and cookie
recipes.

ASS-KICKING-HERB BREAD RECIPE

1. Get ingredients together and follow normal process for your normal
bread.

2. When adding final flour and salt to recipe, combine 2 to 4
tablespoons of herbed butter per loaf, depending on desired herbal
effect.

3. Dough may take a little longer than usual to rise. Then, bake in
normal way.

4. When consuming herbed bread, eat only one or two slices, then wait
one half hour for herb to kick in.

5. Author is not responsible for results, especially with fools who add
too much herbed butter to recipe, eat too many slices of herbed bread at
one sitting, or get impatient for herb to kick in and eat more slices,
thinking the bread won't kick ass. If they use the right herb, it will.

# # #

Joan Ross and Cosmo Cutie Dog

Dear Hutchndi,

My simple philosophy concerning sourdough baking or as a matter of fact
any baking, is bake stuff you enjoy .

Nothing should be so rigid in the culinary field that there is just only one
way to progress.

Dick bakes beautiful loaves and if he is happy that is all that should
matter.

I have been baking bread for over 30 years and I have learned to be flexible
and also listen to other peoples ideas even I don't agree.

So to everyone: Bake bread the way you want and enjoy the fruits of your
labor

regards

Joan