gardener

Default organic method of pest control ideas?

Does anyone have any ideas of how to protect my new seedlings from birds,
snails, etc. Organically?
I will be placing them out in the garden this week and was thinking of putting
a chicken wire housing over them so that they make it into adulthood.
Any other suggestions?
Looks like there are some gardeners out there who could help.
gardener

Mutti Pie

Go to Jo-Anns or Michaels or Walmart and buy a bolt (or however many
yards) of netting you might need. It comes in widths from 36" to 120"
and you will find it in the bridal department. Last year about now I
was able to purchase approx. 50 yards for 10 dollars US. from the
clearance section. Sure it - is - bright pink - but hey I grow Orange
Cauliflower!

Good Luck,
Mutti

gardener wrote:

> Does anyone have any ideas of how to protect my new seedlings from birds,
> snails, etc. Organically?
> I will be placing them out in the garden this week and was thinking of putting
> a chicken wire housing over them so that they make it into adulthood.
> Any other suggestions?
> Looks like there are some gardeners out there who could help.
> gardener

Marcella Tracy Peek

In article >,
gardener > wrote:

> Does anyone have any ideas of how to protect my new seedlings from birds,
> snails, etc. Organically?
> I will be placing them out in the garden this week and was thinking of
> putting
> a chicken wire housing over them so that they make it into adulthood.
> Any other suggestions?
> Looks like there are some gardeners out there who could help.
> gardener

There is a perfect group for your questions. You might post them to
rec.gardens.edible.

Nice group and they will likely have good answers for you.

marcella

Pest control services in Bangalore [email protected] General Cooking 0 19-07-2016 12:52 PM
Organic milk sold at ...... not organic at all Dee.Dee General Cooking 14 15-12-2007 01:56 AM
Pantry Pest Trap - thanks Dee Dee General Cooking 7 08-08-2007 05:58 AM
pest control Tater Winemaking 2 12-06-2007 04:45 PM
pest control tai fu General Cooking 11 20-11-2003 08:38 AM