tai fu

Default pest control

I dont know if this is on topic, but im sure pest control is a big issue
with kitchens and stuff... Anyways I wash all my dishes in the bathroom and
yesterday I discovered a BIG spider in it, and ever since I was too afraid
to use that bathroom (I have a fear of spiders... especially big ones!) so
how do I prevent spiders from appearing in the first place?

Paul Hart

What kind of spider was it?
Where in the world are you?
What construction type is your abode?
To answer your question you need to provide much more information.
"tai fu" > wrote in message
> I dont know if this is on topic, but im sure pest control is a big issue
> with kitchens and stuff... Anyways I wash all my dishes in the bathroom

and
> yesterday I discovered a BIG spider in it, and ever since I was too afraid
> to use that bathroom (I have a fear of spiders... especially big ones!) so
> how do I prevent spiders from appearing in the first place?

Steve Wertz

On Fri, 14 Nov 2003 03:37:43 +0800, "tai fu"
> wrote:

>how do I prevent spiders from appearing in the first place?

You could live in a enviornmentally-controlled plastic bubble.

-sw
sf

On Fri, 14 Nov 2003 03:37:43 +0800, "tai fu"
> wrote:

> I dont know if this is on topic, but im sure pest control is a big issue
> with kitchens and stuff... Anyways I wash all my dishes in the bathroom and
> yesterday I discovered a BIG spider in it, and ever since I was too afraid
> to use that bathroom (I have a fear of spiders... especially big ones!) so
> how do I prevent spiders from appearing in the first place?

1. Avoid washing dishes in the bathroom.
2. Keep the window closed (of course that will mean more
mold and mildew inside)

PENMART01

"tai fu" > wrote:

>I dont know if this is on topic, but im sure pest control is a big issue
>with kitchens and stuff... Anyways I wash all my dishes in the bathroom
>and
>yesterday I discovered a BIG spider in it, and ever since I was too afraid
>to use that bathroom (I have a fear of spiders... especially big ones!)
>so how do I prevent spiders from appearing in the first place?

Next time you're on the throne keep your legs closed... deadfisheaters...
hehehe

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
Sheldon
````````````

blake murphy

On Fri, 14 Nov 2003 03:37:43 +0800, "tai fu"
> wrote:

>I dont know if this is on topic, but im sure pest control is a big issue
>with kitchens and stuff... Anyways I wash all my dishes in the bathroom and
>yesterday I discovered a BIG spider in it, and ever since I was too afraid
>to use that bathroom (I have a fear of spiders... especially big ones!) so
>how do I prevent spiders from appearing in the first place?

spiders are your friends. they're eating other insects you don't even
want to know about.

your pal,
blake
sf

On Sat, 15 Nov 2003 05:12:56 GMT, blake murphy
> wrote:

> spiders are your friends. they're eating other insects you don't even
> want to know about.

I made a deal with spiders in my house: If they stay behind
the blinds - I'll leave them alone.
Katra

sf wrote:

> On Sat, 15 Nov 2003 05:12:56 GMT, blake murphy
> > wrote:
>

> > spiders are your friends. they're eating other insects you don't even
> > want to know about.
> >

> I made a deal with spiders in my house: If they stay behind
> the blinds - I'll leave them alone.

My jumping spiders can even crawl around the walls if they want.
They just MUST stay out of the bedroom!

I have an attic full of geckos now tho', so I've not seen ANY bugs, and
very few spiders, in the house for a few years now.

Mediterranean geckos are EVERYWHERE! I can't move rocks or pick up weeds
or any debris in the yard now without one or two running up my arm!
<scream!>

Glad I like lizards..... ;-)

I do have to rescue hatchling geckos from the cats now and then. They
occasionally fall thru the AC vents.

When I had to have my phones re-wired, the phone company guys found
bunches of gecko eggs and empty eggshells around the edges of the attic
near the roof vents.

K.

--
>^,,^< Cats-haven Hobby Farm >^,,^< >^,,^<

"There are millions of intelligent species in the universe, and they are
all owned by cats" -- Asimov

Custom handcrafts, Sterling silver beaded jewelry
http://cgi3.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAP...s&userid=katra
Gar

On Sat, 15 Nov 2003 06:59:15 GMT, sf > wrote:

>On Sat, 15 Nov 2003 05:12:56 GMT, blake murphy
> wrote:
>

>> spiders are your friends. they're eating other insects you don't even
>> want to know about.
>>

>I made a deal with spiders in my house: If they stay behind
>the blinds - I'll leave them alone.

You might have a different feeling if you or someone you know gets
bite by a brown recluse. They're the ones who hide. Nasty little
*******s. Spiders never bothered me much until I saw the skin damage
they leave and the fact that the woman spent two months in the
hospital and came close to dying.

Gar
kalanamak

blake murphy wrote:

> On Fri, 14 Nov 2003 03:37:43 +0800, "tai fu"
> > wrote:
>
> >I dont know if this is on topic, but im sure pest control is a big issue
> >with kitchens and stuff... Anyways I wash all my dishes in the bathroom and
> >yesterday I discovered a BIG spider in it, and ever since I was too afraid
> >to use that bathroom (I have a fear of spiders... especially big ones!) so
> >how do I prevent spiders from appearing in the first place?
> >

> spiders are your friends. they're eating other insects you don't even
> want to know about.
>
> your pal,
> blake

I agree with you, but I do get tired of scraping spider poop from every corner
of the floor. I rarely see them or a web, but the poop I do.
blacksalt
and off the wall, and the curtains, and the windows and the couch...

occupant

Sheldon was close to the truth when he asked how I survived above the
artic circle. In northern Canada we see few spiders and most of them
are quite small. Living in southern Canada now, they are much, much
larger. While I don't like them on me, think they don't climb on me
when I am asleep, I am probably wrong. I am a little creeped out when I
see them on the walls in the sleeping area. But especailly now that I
sleep in the basement, we share the space, spiders and me!

Perspective. One is more likely to suffer harm from a domestic spat
than the most "violent" confrontation with a Canadians house spider.
Rick & Cyndi

:
: Perspective. One is more likely to suffer harm from a domestic
spat
: than the most "violent" confrontation with a Canadians house
spider.
==========

<Giggle>

I like the way you think!

While your Southern Canadian spiders may be larger than the ones
further north... they get even bigger the further south you go.
I imagine parts of Africa, Asia and Australia probably have some
pretty scary ones too... however, the scariest ones I've come
across and/or have been within 30 scary minutes of were 'Jumping
Wolf Spiders" and Brown Recluses. When you're not expecting it a
Jumping Wolf Spider can frighten the dookie out of you... <ewww>
When I was in the service, those little boogers would be inside
the aircraft hangers. Again, ewwwwwwwwwwwww! Last summer a guy
that lives in the next town was bitten by a Brown Recluse. Last
I heard he had numerous skin grafts to look forward to and
possibly leg amputation. Those spiders are nasty *******s to be
sure!

Here's a link for some interesting reading:

http://www.jaycees.com/charge/2002/JCJul02.pdf

Pest control services in Bangalore [email protected] General Cooking 0 19-07-2016 12:52 PM
Gun control... gtr General Cooking 0 21-07-2012 04:50 PM
Pantry Pest Trap - thanks Dee Dee General Cooking 7 08-08-2007 05:58 AM
pest control Tater Winemaking 2 12-06-2007 04:45 PM
organic method of pest control ideas? gardener Preserving 2 24-03-2004 05:09 PM