Posted to rec.food.preserving

Default Turkey brining spices

Hello,
I have a couple of jars of brining salts with spices I bought at World
Market. We did not use it for turkey which would have been our first
time. Well now I am wondering what else can this be used for. What
dishes or meats can I brine like this turkey should have been (maybe
will later tho).
This jar is..
"The Spice Hunter"
Turkey Brine
For moist and tender turkey
Has in it..
sea salt, brown sugar, cranberries, apples, garlic, orange peel,
juniper berries, Malabar black peppercorns, thyme, rosemary and sage.
ANy ideas?
Jenn
Posted to rec.food.preserving

Jenn wrote:
> Hello,
> I have a couple of jars of brining salts with spices I bought at World
> Market. We did not use it for turkey which would have been our first
> time. Well now I am wondering what else can this be used for. What
> dishes or meats can I brine like this turkey should have been (maybe
> will later tho).
> This jar is..
> "The Spice Hunter"
> Turkey Brine
> For moist and tender turkey
> Has in it..
> sea salt, brown sugar, cranberries, apples, garlic, orange peel,
> juniper berries, Malabar black peppercorns, thyme, rosemary and sage.
> ANy ideas?

If it's for turkey, then all poultry could be used. The ingredients
suggest it would be quite suitable for duck. I might use white wine as
the liquid and submerge completely turkey thighs for 3-4 days and call
it mock pheasant.

This really isn't a preserving question, as such (unless you're thinking
of making corned turkey). You might want to ask this in rec.food.cooking.

B/
Posted to rec.food.preserving

On Sat 05 Jan 2008 08:17:24a, Jenn told us...

> Hello,
> I have a couple of jars of brining salts with spices I bought at World
> Market. We did not use it for turkey which would have been our first
> time. Well now I am wondering what else can this be used for. What
> dishes or meats can I brine like this turkey should have been (maybe
> will later tho).
> This jar is..
> "The Spice Hunter"
> Turkey Brine
> For moist and tender turkey
> Has in it..
> sea salt, brown sugar, cranberries, apples, garlic, orange peel,
> juniper berries, Malabar black peppercorns, thyme, rosemary and sage.
> ANy ideas?
> Jenn

Other poultry or pork.

--
Wayne Boatwright

Date: Saturday, 01(I)/05(V)/08(MMVIII)
Do the joke. Get the laugh. Move on.

Turkey brining question Paul & Robin Barrett[_3_] General Cooking 4 23-11-2009 08:21 PM
Brining Turkey Walter Mitty Barbecue 5 21-11-2009 03:19 AM
Dry-brining turkey Dora General Cooking 1 20-11-2009 10:19 PM
Turkey brining bag Nancy Young General Cooking 15 03-10-2006 02:08 AM
Brining a turkey rip General Cooking 2 06-11-2005 12:49 AM