Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

Default Seeking chorizo Eastern MA

I live in Chelmsford, near Lowell, MA. I would like to know where I can
find Mexican-style (fresh, not cured, not Spanish, not Portuguese)
chorizo. I can drive to Lawrence or Waltham if necessary. I used to live
in LA where you could get it everywhere.
Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

"David Shochat" > wrote in message
>I live in Chelmsford, near Lowell, MA. I would like to know where I can
> find Mexican-style (fresh, not cured, not Spanish, not Portuguese)
> chorizo. I can drive to Lawrence or Waltham if necessary. I used to live
> in LA where you could get it everywhere.

Be cheaper in the long run if you make it yourself. It is easy and there
are many recipes out there as long as you are not talking about the gland
tube goop.

You don't even have to grind your own meat . Go buy some ground pork and
individualize it by adding your own chile(s) and spice blend combo.
one of many sites:
http://www.mexican-barbecue-recipes....zo-recipe.html

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

On Sat, 14 Feb 2009 13:05:35 -0800, gunner wrote:

> Be cheaper in the long run if you make it yourself. It is easy and
> there are many recipes out there as long as you are not talking about
> the gland tube goop.
>
> You don't even have to grind your own meat . Go buy some ground pork
> and individualize it by adding your own chile(s) and spice blend combo.
> one of many sites:
> http://www.mexican-barbecue-recipes....zo-recipe.html

Thanks. My wife tried making it from a recipe once and did not like the
results (although I thought it was fine). But your link led me to 6
recipes, so maybe one of those will work out better.
-- David
Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

On Sat, 14 Feb 2009 14:17:16 -0600, David Shochat >
wrote:

> I live in Chelmsford, near Lowell, MA. I would like to know where I can
> find Mexican-style (fresh, not cured, not Spanish, not Portuguese)
> chorizo. I can drive to Lawrence or Waltham if necessary. I used to live
> in LA where you could get it everywhere.

There are many online sources of chorizo. Here's one, but use Google
to find mo http://www.igourmet.com/sausage.asp

Buying online is certainly much easier, and probably much cheaper
(because of the cost of driving) than driving to other towns.

--
Ken Blake
Please Reply to the Newsgroup
Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

On Sat, 14 Feb 2009 15:18:59 -0700, Ken Blake wrote:

> On Sat, 14 Feb 2009 14:17:16 -0600, David Shochat >
> wrote:
>
>> I live in Chelmsford, near Lowell, MA. I would like to know where I can
>> find Mexican-style (fresh, not cured, not Spanish, not Portuguese)
>> chorizo. I can drive to Lawrence or Waltham if necessary. I used to
>> live in LA where you could get it everywhere.

> There are many online sources of chorizo. Here's one, but use Google to
> find mo http://www.igourmet.com/sausage.asp
>
> Buying online is certainly much easier, and probably much cheaper
> (because of the cost of driving) than driving to other towns.

I checked that site and all I see there is Spanish (cured) chorizo. What
I want is Mexican fresh (not cured) chorizo. Cured chorizo (especially
Portuguese) is readily available here. I imagine that mail ordering cured
sausage is easier than fresh.

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

On Sat, 14 Feb 2009 14:17:16 -0600, David Shochat wrote:

> I live in Chelmsford, near Lowell, MA. I would like to know where I can
> find Mexican-style (fresh, not cured, not Spanish, not Portuguese)
> chorizo. I can drive to Lawrence or Waltham if necessary. I used to live
> in LA where you could get it everywhere.

You know that chorizo is made of snouts, lymph nodes, and pizsle,
right?

Great stiff!
Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

I actually find it in the local Wal*Mart and Giant Eagle Stores. I live in
south central PA.