Old 06-03-2004, 09:30 PM
Ray Stone

Default Gardunos chili

Hello all-

I was recently in Las Vegas and visited Gardunos in The Palms.
Unfortunately, I couldn't try everything and I finally settled on the
fish tacos. However, my sister-in-law chose one of the items from the
chili section of the menu. I can't remember the name but it looked
fantastic. It contained quite a bit of shredded beef and seemed to be
a variation of chili verde but was darker (beef stock added?).

Anyway, I haven't been able to take my mind off of it and
unfortunately, I'm back home in Michigan. I'd like to try and
reproduce the recipe at home. Anybody have any thoughts?

Thanks,
Steve

Old 06-03-2004, 10:16 PM
Jim Lane

Ray Stone wrote:
Hello all-

I was recently in Las Vegas and visited Gardunos in The Palms.
Unfortunately, I couldn't try everything and I finally settled on the
fish tacos. However, my sister-in-law chose one of the items from the
chili section of the menu. I can't remember the name but it looked
fantastic. It contained quite a bit of shredded beef and seemed to be
a variation of chili verde but was darker (beef stock added?).

Anyway, I haven't been able to take my mind off of it and
unfortunately, I'm back home in Michigan. I'd like to try and
reproduce the recipe at home. Anybody have any thoughts?

Thanks,
Steve

Why not contact your sister-in-law and ask her what she ate. If she
cannot remember, perhaps (assumming she lives in the area) she can go by
and get the name.

That would be your first step in getting help.

jim
Old 06-03-2004, 11:38 PM
Ray Stone

On 2004-03-06 17:16:11 -0500, Jim Lane said:

Ray Stone wrote:
[...]

Good thought, I've already done that. Unfortunately, she's not much
for deciphering ingredients, especially since she had a margarita and a
few shots of Patron Silver that night (it was her 30th birthday).
Which, is why I was hoping to find someone else familiar with the
recipe.

Steve

Old 07-03-2004, 10:31 PM
Shelora

Hi Ray,
Try the direct approach and contact the restaurant. Their website
provides recipes at
http://www.gardunosrestaurants.com/
Perhaps it is there.
Good luck.