Ray Stone

Default Gardunos chili

Hello all-

> I was recently in Las Vegas and visited Gardunos in The Palms.
> Unfortunately, I couldn't try everything and I finally settled on the
> fish tacos. However, my sister-in-law chose one of the items from the
> chili section of the menu. I can't remember the name but it looked
> fantastic. It contained quite a bit of shredded beef and seemed to be
> a variation of chili verde but was darker (beef stock added?).
>
> Anyway, I haven't been able to take my mind off of it and
> unfortunately, I'm back home in Michigan. I'd like to try and
> reproduce the recipe at home. Anybody have any thoughts?
>
> Thanks,
> Steve

Jim Lane

Ray Stone wrote:
> Hello all-
>

>> I was recently in Las Vegas and visited Gardunos in The Palms.
>> Unfortunately, I couldn't try everything and I finally settled on the
>> fish tacos. However, my sister-in-law chose one of the items from the
>> chili section of the menu. I can't remember the name but it looked
>> fantastic. It contained quite a bit of shredded beef and seemed to be
>> a variation of chili verde but was darker (beef stock added?).
>>
>> Anyway, I haven't been able to take my mind off of it and
>> unfortunately, I'm back home in Michigan. I'd like to try and
>> reproduce the recipe at home. Anybody have any thoughts?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Steve

Why not contact your sister-in-law and ask her what she ate. If she
cannot remember, perhaps (assumming she lives in the area) she can go by
and get the name.

That would be your first step in getting help.

jim
Ray Stone

On 2004-03-06 17:16:11 -0500, Jim Lane > said:

> Ray Stone wrote:
>> Hello all-
>>

>>> I was recently in Las Vegas and visited Gardunos in The Palms.
>>> Unfortunately, I couldn't try everything and I finally settled on the
>>> fish tacos. However, my sister-in-law chose one of the items from the
>>> chili section of the menu. I can't remember the name but it looked
>>> fantastic. It contained quite a bit of shredded beef and seemed to be
>>> a variation of chili verde but was darker (beef stock added?).
>>>
>>> Anyway, I haven't been able to take my mind off of it and
>>> unfortunately, I'm back home in Michigan. I'd like to try and
>>> reproduce the recipe at home. Anybody have any thoughts?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Steve

> Why not contact your sister-in-law and ask her what she ate. If she
> cannot remember, perhaps (assumming she lives in the area) she can go
> by and get the name.
>
> That would be your first step in getting help.
>

> jim

Good thought, I've already done that. Unfortunately, she's not much
for deciphering ingredients, especially since she had a margarita and a
few shots of Patron Silver that night (it was her 30th birthday).
Which, is why I was hoping to find someone else familiar with the
recipe.

Steve

Shelora

Hi Ray,
Try the direct approach and contact the restaurant. Their website
provides recipes at
http://www.gardunosrestaurants.com/
Perhaps it is there.
Good luck.