Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Rachael Ray in high school

Rachael Ray reminds me of that energetic, perky girl in high school
who relentessly organizes all the parties and pep rallies and believes
she is in the bestest class surrounded by the bestest of friends, and
then gets crushed in her senior year when she finally realizes
everyone secretly hates her.
Posted to rec.food.cooking
jay jay is offline

On Sun, 20 Aug 2006 10:10:12 -0400, Saul Saje wrote:

> Rachael Ray reminds me of that energetic, perky girl in high school
> who relentessly organizes all the parties and pep rallies and believes
> she is in the bestest class surrounded by the bestest of friends, and
> then gets crushed in her senior year when she finally realizes
> everyone secretly hates her.

I like her! And she looks great on the way to the BANK!

YummO
Posted to rec.food.cooking

jay, after taking an infinite amount of time, finally, on 20 Aug 2006,
typed out:

> I like her! And she looks great on the way to the BANK!

Jay,

Took the words right out of my mouth.

But if she doesn't cut back on the amphetamines or cocaine or whatever,
she'll be the Wretched Wrachael Wray in a couple years, imho,

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy wrote:
> jay, after taking an infinite amount of time, finally, on 20 Aug 2006,
> typed out:
>
> > I like her! And she looks great on the way to the BANK!

> Jay,
>
> Took the words right out of my mouth.
>
> But if she doesn't cut back on the amphetamines or cocaine or whatever,
> she'll be the Wretched Wrachael Wray in a couple years, imho,

Her looks and personality have changed a great deal in recent years.
And her voice -- it's gotten so raspy.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

While I love RR I keep thinking that in 20 years she will write a memoir
about how she was a suicidal drunk during her TV years.

"Saul Saje" > wrote in message
> Rachael Ray reminds me of that energetic, perky girl in high school
> who relentessly organizes all the parties and pep rallies and believes
> she is in the bestest class surrounded by the bestest of friends, and
> then gets crushed in her senior year when she finally realizes
> everyone secretly hates her.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
jay jay is offline

On Sun, 20 Aug 2006 10:02:21 -0500, Andy wrote:

> jay, after taking an infinite amount of time, finally, on 20 Aug 2006,
> typed out:
>
>> I like her! And she looks great on the way to the BANK!

> Jay,
>
> Took the words right out of my mouth.
>
> But if she doesn't cut back on the amphetamines or cocaine or whatever,
> she'll be the Wretched Wrachael Wray in a couple years, imho,
>
> Andy

She is a bit wound up. She is not a "chef" by any means but really does
not claim to be one and most of the food network "chefs" with exceptions
are entertainers. I have never cooked any recipe I have seen on ANY of
the food network shows but am entertained by some of them.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

, after taking an infinite amount of time, finally, on 20 Aug 2006, typed
out:

> Andy wrote:
>> jay, after taking an infinite amount of time, finally, on 20 Aug 2006,
>> typed out:
>>
>> > I like her! And she looks great on the way to the BANK!

>> Jay,
>>
>> Took the words right out of my mouth.
>>
>> But if she doesn't cut back on the amphetamines or cocaine or

whatever,
>> she'll be the Wretched Wrachael Wray in a couple years, imho,

> Her looks and personality have changed a great deal in recent years.
> And her voice -- it's gotten so raspy.

Is she a chain smoker too???

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy wrote:
> , after taking an infinite amount of time, finally, on 20 Aug 2006, typed
> out:
>

> > Andy wrote:
> >> jay, after taking an infinite amount of time, finally, on 20 Aug 2006,
> >> typed out:

> >> Jay,
> >>
> >> Took the words right out of my mouth.
> >>
> >> But if she doesn't cut back on the amphetamines or cocaine or

> whatever,
> >> she'll be the Wretched Wrachael Wray in a couple years, imho,

> > Her looks and personality have changed a great deal in recent years.
> > And her voice -- it's gotten so raspy.

> Is she a chain smoker too???

Not that I know of. However, the raspy voice is often a symptom of
other things...some of which you mentioned.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

jay wrote:
> On Sun, 20 Aug 2006 10:10:12 -0400, Saul Saje wrote:
>
> > Rachael Ray reminds me of that energetic, perky girl in high school
> > who relentessly organizes all the parties and pep rallies and believes
> > she is in the bestest class surrounded by the bestest of friends, and
> > then gets crushed in her senior year when she finally realizes
> > everyone secretly hates her.

> I like her! And she looks great on the way to the BANK!

For all the whining about her that goes on, she's done pretty well for
herself. None of us ever got good enough at anything to have our own TV
shows. She's had three or four.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jay" > wrote

> top of the list. Rachael Ray is just a young girl with a howto
> entertainment show that is pretty successful.. good for her!

Just curious, how old do you have to be before you're not
a young girl any longer? Or is it relative.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Christopher Helms wrote:
> jay wrote:
> > On Sun, 20 Aug 2006 10:10:12 -0400, Saul Saje wrote:
> >
> > > Rachael Ray reminds me of that energetic, perky girl in high school
> > > who relentessly organizes all the parties and pep rallies and believes
> > > she is in the bestest class surrounded by the bestest of friends, and
> > > then gets crushed in her senior year when she finally realizes
> > > everyone secretly hates her.

> > I like her! And she looks great on the way to the BANK!

> For all the whining about her that goes on, she's done pretty well for
> herself. None of us ever got good enough at anything to have our own TV
> shows. She's had three or four.

PS: They must be watching or else there would be nothing for them to
complain about. Yes, she's crying all the way to the bank... that's
why her voice is so husky.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2006-08-20, Peter A > wrote:

> shows on 3 local restaurants (central North Carolina). I am familiar
> with 2 of them, one is horrid and the other is at best mediocre. She
> oohed and aahed and orgasmed over them both. Pul-lease!

If they weren't very good, why were they picked? How does that work?

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

jay wrote:
> On Sun, 20 Aug 2006 16:54:23 +0000, Peter A wrote:

> Rachael Ray is just a young girl with a howto
> entertainment show that is pretty successful.. good for her!

I like her attitude too. "I don't leave the house unless they pay me",
so she works hard and then she totally relaxes.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
jay jay is offline

On Sun, 20 Aug 2006 13:52:51 -0400, Monmouth Internet Newsgroups wrote:

> "jay" > wrote
>
>> top of the list. Rachael Ray is just a young girl with a howto
>> entertainment show that is pretty successful.. good for her!

> Just curious, how old do you have to be before you're not
> a young girl any longer? Or is it relative.
>
> nancy

Definately relative. She looks good.. and younger than her age to me.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Peter A" > wrote

> History is full of people making a lot of money by pandering to poor
> taste. I lost what little respect I had for RR when she did one of her
> shows on 3 local restaurants (central North Carolina). I am familiar
> with 2 of them, one is horrid and the other is at best mediocre.

I remember you said that. It's her one show I did watch after I had
to give up the 30 minute thing. Thing is, I didn't actually think I'd go
to any of the places she mentioned. I just liked to see where she went.
It's apparent you can't take her recommendations seriously.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy wrote on 9/20/2006:

> Is she a chain smoker too???

I have seen it reported that she smokes. The article didn't say how
much.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Saul Saje wrote:

> Rachael Ray

Oh jeez, another RR obsessive.

Get a life people.

Brian

won't shut up.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy wrote:

> But if she doesn't cut back on the amphetamines or cocaine or whatever,
> she'll be the Wretched Wrachael Wray in a couple years, imho,

Or the Wicked Witch of the Whisk!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Saul Saje wrote:
> Rachael Ray reminds me of that energetic, perky girl in high school
> who relentessly organizes all the parties and pep rallies and believes
> she is in the bestest class surrounded by the bestest of friends, and
> then gets crushed in her senior year when she finally realizes
> everyone secretly hates her.

And like high school, it seems that many of the posters' criticisms are
made out of mean-spirited jealousy.

I think she should drop the fake raspy voice. She can turn it on and
off, and it's not cute or sexy.

Then I'd like the Food Network to put on some more serious cooking
programs.
I don't need to watch people jumping around and yelling. I can watch
professional wrestling on other channels.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 20 Aug 2006 20:07:12 GMT, "Nola" > wrote:

>On 20-Aug-2006, "Monmouth Internet Newsgroups" > wrote:
>
>> Just curious, how old do you have to be before you're not
>> a young girl any longer? Or is it relative.

>It's not so much age that defines it; but, sagging boobs and jowls mean
>young girlhood is history

Yeah.. what Nola said!.. (don't want to see no saggin' boobs!)

I like Rachael Ray.. but some of the cutesy stuff wears on me too..
Yesterday she was making some kind of sandwich, and she referred to
it as a "sandwich" at least once instead of a "Sammy"... I was
confused, had to check to see I was on the proper channel..

Not that I watch emmeril.. I can't handle his BAM or essence or the
fact that a lot of booze in any recipe makes it fantastic... He must
be entertaining to some people, because (in my opinion) he's not
educating anyone...

Come to think of it,, I miss the Real NOLA cook,, Justin Wilson.
I don't even see his reruns any more... Now HE could give ya' tips on
how to COOK,, not how to SHOWBOAT..
http://www.goodeatsfanpage.com/Colle...s_tv_chefs.htm
He gave cooking tips.. and recipes..

Alton Brown in "Good Eats" has some nifty pointers.. But this is about
the only show.. About the only thing the other shows will teach you
is the proper way to wash fresh greens....

Posted to rec.food.cooking

L, not -L, after taking an infinite amount of time, finally, on 20 Aug
2006, typed out:

> On 20-Aug-2006, Andy <q> wrote:
>
>> While true, how often do folks travel on vacation on a low budjet of
>> $40 a day?!?

> $40 a day was a fairly typical meal allowance when I travelled on
> business to a number of cities; one of the reasons I loved to stay in
> Embassy Suites hotels was it's complimentary breakfast meant a better
> dinner that evening.

L, not -L,

See, that's a business allowance. Who saves up to take a real vacation
and then skimps on food?!? When I vacation, I look up all the favorite
food places I've seen and heard of, and remembered, making it a point to
dine there. I can skimp on accomodations, spending so little time in
them.

Imho,

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

>Just curious, how old do you have to be before you're not
>a young girl any longer? Or is it relative.

In Rachael's case, it's when you have to quit calling it "baby fat"
and just say "chunky."

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote

> And like high school, it seems that many of the posters' criticisms are
> made out of mean-spirited jealousy.

Amuses me when people say that. What does she possibly have
that a gazillion other people don't have in far greater quantities, yet
the people you refer to aren't jealous of them.

Nothing.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy wrote:
> sf, after taking an infinite amount of time, finally, on 20 Aug 2006,
> typed out:
>

> > If it was for the $40 a Day show, the ones you prefer probably didn't
> > fit in the budget.

> sf,
>
> While true, how often do folks travel on vacation on a low budjet of $40
> a day?!?
>
> The show's a joke.

$40 a day per person for food? If you watch the bottom line, you can
do it... that's why she's got the show and you don't. LOL We don't
think like that anymore, I know.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy wrote:

> See, that's a business allowance. Who saves up to take a real vacation
> and then skimps on food?!? When I vacation, I look up all the favorite
> food places I've seen and heard of, and remembered, making it a point to
> dine there. I can skimp on accomodations, spending so little time in
> them.

We don't stay in youth hostels or carry our clothing in backpacks
either, but people do. If you have the money, spend it. If you don't,
budget. She's showing you can eat well on $40 a day. Obviously, it's
not appointment television for you or me.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 20 Aug 2006 14:42:41 -0700, "sf" > wrote:

>$40 a day per person for food? If you watch the bottom line, you can
>do it... that's why she's got the show and you don't. LOL We don't
>think like that anymore, I know.

I got by on less than $40 a day for food during my recent trip to
Tokyo. Helped that the hotel had a good buffet breakfast for 800 yen
(about eight dollars).

serene
--
My blog: http://serenejournal.livejournal.com
My cooking blog: http://serenecooking.livejournal.com

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 20 Aug 2006 22:31:40 GMT, "Nola" > wrote:

>On 20-Aug-2006, "Chuck (in SC)" > wrote:
>
>> Come to think of it,, I miss the Real NOLA cook,, Justin Wilson.
>> I don't even see his reruns any more... Now HE could give ya' tips on
>> how to COOK,, not how to SHOWBOAT..
>> http://www.goodeatsfanpage.com/Colle...s_tv_chefs.htm
>> He gave cooking tips.. and recipes..

>hoooo-eeeeee das good; add a little sauterne wine - 2 cups, pour one in da
>pot an drink t'other
>
>-----------
>
>"Now some folks say it's bad manners to dunk you' garlic bread in you' wine.
> An' I mus' admit this is good, even if you bite a big chonk of this bread
>and chase it with a little wine. But me, I like to dunk an' I don' think
>dunkin' is bad, neither. An' it taste so good with you' meal too. So don'
>forgot, it ain't no sin to dunk. An' if it is, who give a dam' anyway?
>
> Garlic Bread au Beaujolais a la Justin
>
>2 sticks butter
>black ground pepper
>pressed garlic or garlic puree
>romano or parmesan cheese
>loaf of french bread
>beaujolais wine
>
>Mix two sticks butter with either pressed garlic or garlic puree to taste.
>Add romano or parmesan cheese to the amount that will stil spread easily.
>Sprinkle with black ground pepper. Slice french bread into slices
>lengthwise. Spread garlic butter on generously. Toast in oven.
>
>Dip garlic bread in beaujolais wine when eating it. This is known as
>dunking and you find it delicious. Don't mind the crumbs in your wine -
>you'll eat those too. Dunking should be done while eating your meal." -
>Justin Wilson

Yep.. that sho nuff be him!..
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"L, not -L" > wrote

> On 20-Aug-2006, "Monmouth Internet Newsgroups" >
> wrote:
>
>> Amuses me when people say that. What does she possibly have
>> that a gazillion other people don't have in far greater quantities, yet
>> the people you refer to aren't jealous of them.

> Charisma

A lot of people have charisma. I wouldn't single her out in that
department.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2006-08-20, Chuck (in SC) > wrote:

> Come to think of it,, I miss the Real NOLA cook,, Justin Wilson.

You gotta be kidding.

While I loved watching Justin, his cooking was absurd. He put
everything in transparent baking bags (are those even still
available?) along with 2 C of rice and half a bottle of white wine. He
drank the other half of the bottle himself. He was a hoot as an
entertainer, with his bubba-cue and gar-own-tee, but I never even
bothered with his recipes. Maybe he had another show where he cooked
real food. If so, I never saw it.

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

L, not -L, after taking an infinite amount of time, finally, on 20 Aug
2006, typed out:

> On 20-Aug-2006, Andy <q> wrote:
>
>> L, not -L,
>>
>> See, that's a business allowance. Who saves up to take a real
>> vacation and then skimps on food?!? When I vacation, I look up all
>> the favorite food places I've seen and heard of, and remembered,
>> making it a point to dine there. I can skimp on accomodations,
>> spending so little time in them.

> Perhaps I made my point too obliquely - the show may not be useful to
> those on vacation for a few days and can spend a bit more; but, some
> of us travel a lot (50% of the time) and advice on where to eat for
> $40 per day a god-send. Now, if it just covered only the cities I
> care about, it would be perfect 8-), the rest of you can watch shows
> about where to eat $100 hamburgers.

It's just that the show manages to shoehorn a day's food unelaborately
into $40. And the joke of the show is to have $0.99 left over.
Ludicrious, imho.

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Helen Harrand, after taking an infinite amount of time, finally, on 20
Aug 2006, typed out:

>> > $40 a day was a fairly typical meal allowance when I travelled on
>> > business to a number of cities; one of the reasons I loved to stay
>> > in Embassy Suites hotels was it's complimentary breakfast meant a
>> > better dinner that evening.

>> L, not -L,
>>
>> See, that's a business allowance. Who saves up to take a real
>> vacation and then skimps on food?!? When I vacation, I look up all
>> the favorite food places I've seen and heard of, and remembered,
>> making it a point to dine there. I can skimp on accomodations,
>> spending so little time in them.
>>
>> Imho,
>>
>> Andy

> Oh we don't skimp on food but you have to remember that not all folks
> like to have fancy, fancy meals all the time. I worked that way for
> about 15 years so when we go out we tend to eat more ethnic foods or
> things that I'm just not too good at more than anything else. It's
> not because we're cheap, it's because it's what we like!
>

> helen

helen,

It's just that on vacation, food is no object. Not like the show make it
out to be.

Do up a park like Disneyland and worry about the cost of food? The $40 a
day show is just for one person who's cheapened down the menu to arrive
at $40 for the benefit of the title of the show. Pitiful, if you ask me.

Andy

Andy