Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Recipe wanted

I recently had a side dish of onions, green bell peppers, red
bell peppers, and mushrooms served on rice. It struck me that
other vegetables could be added to make this a meal. A search
of several online cooking forums found nothing.

Can anyone direct me to a recipe for such a meal?

Dick

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dick Adams wrote:
> I recently had a side dish of onions, green bell peppers, red
> bell peppers, and mushrooms served on rice. It struck me that
> other vegetables could be added to make this a meal. A search
> of several online cooking forums found nothing.
>
> Can anyone direct me to a recipe for such a meal?

You might also add eggplant, bok choy, grated carrots, julienne ginger,
really almost any vegetable that you find appealing.

I'm not sure what you mean by a recipe because I'd say you already
supplied one. To make it a little more like a main dish rather than a
side dish, make the rice brown rice, and add lentils or red beans.

--Lia

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dick Adams" > wrote in message
> I recently had a side dish of onions, green bell peppers, red
> bell peppers, and mushrooms served on rice. It struck me that
> other vegetables could be added to make this a meal. A search
> of several online cooking forums found nothing.
>
> Can anyone direct me to a recipe for such a meal?
>
> Dick

I'm surprised that you can't make it up; should be fairly easy. Butter
and/or olive oil, garlic, onions, peppers, mushrooms, chicken stock (?)
sauteed with (maybe) some parmesan, toss over rice. It would work with
broccoli, too. One of my favorite veggie mixes is zucchini, yellow squash,
garlic and onion sauteed in butter with parmesan. Add some stock to that
and cook that into rice; I think that would be good.

Or, there's always a Spanish rice thingy. I never cared for it, but if I
were to make it, I'd use bell peppers, tomatoes, rice, garlic, cumin, onion,
chicken stock, other spices and simmer it all down.

Hope this helps.

kili

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dick Adams wrote:
> I recently had a side dish of onions, green bell peppers, red
> bell peppers, and mushrooms served on rice. It struck me that
> other vegetables could be added to make this a meal. A search
> of several online cooking forums found nothing.
>
> Can anyone direct me to a recipe for such a meal?
>
> Dick

You don't need a recipe, just wing it. Add some summer squash or
zucchini or both; some cheese - any kind - grated Romano would be good
- then you could put in some Italian sausage....use garlic-flavored
olive oil to "dress" it.

N.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dick wrote:

> I recently had a side dish of onions, green bell peppers, red
> bell peppers, and mushrooms served on rice. It struck me that
> other vegetables could be added to make this a meal. A search
> of several online cooking forums found nothing.
>
> Can anyone direct me to a recipe for such a meal?

http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/reci..._15842,00.html

http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/reci..._30008,00.html

http://www.fbnr.com/Recipes/095/2179001095.htm

Bob

strangozzi recipe wanted Kate Connally General Cooking 13 25-02-2010 11:32 PM
Recipe Wanted Jack Allen Preserving 1 15-08-2007 09:44 PM
Recipe wanted Dick Adams Vegetarian cooking 2 04-09-2006 10:22 AM
Plaice: recipe wanted MEow General Cooking 15 24-01-2004 12:01 PM
Panettone recipe wanted... Richard Washbourne Baking 12 11-12-2003 05:21 AM