Old 17-08-2006, 11:41 AM posted to rec.food.veg.cooking

Default Recipe wanted

I want to go on a 100% vegetarian diet and recently had a
side dish of onions, green bell peppers, red bell peppers,
and mushrooms. It struck me that other vegetables could be
added to make this a meal. A search of several online
cooking forums found nothing.

Can anyone direct me to a recipe for such a meal?

Dick

Old 18-08-2006, 09:41 AM posted to rec.food.veg.cooking

Ratatouille

1 medium onion chopped
2 medium bell peppers in strips
2 small or 1 mediuam zucchini cubed
1 small eggplant cubed
4 cloves crushed garlic
2 medium tomatoes (cubed and deseeded)
1 bay leaf
1 tsp basil (or 3 or 4 leaves fresh)
1 tsp marjorim
1 tsp oregano
3 tbsp merlot or burgundy
1 cup tomoto juice
2 tbsp tomato paste
salt and pepper to taste
1/4 cup olive oil

Heat olive oil in large pot. Crush the garlic into the oil. Add bay leaf
and onion and cook over medium until the onions are clear. Add eggplan,
wine and tomato juice. Add herbs. Cover and simmer 15 minutes. Stir
occasionally. When eggplant is tender add zucchini and peppers. Cover
and simmer 15 more minutes. Add salt, pepper, fresh tomatoes and tomato
past. Mix well.

Serve on a bed of rice. Top with chopped parsley and chopped black
olives.

Old 04-09-2006, 10:22 AM posted to rec.food.veg.cooking

"Barb" wrote in message
news:[email protected]
[...]

I like Barb's recipe, so I will only add that I usually bake it in the oven
around 375 until it is done enough (for you). If I don't have enough
veggies or want to add something else, celery or okra is a good option. I
don't pre-cook onions (or anything else) when I put it in the oven. I opt
usually for canned or very juicy tomatoes, not juice.
Happy vegetarian cooking,
Dee

[moderator trimmed quoting - gedge]

strangozzi recipe wanted Kate Connally General Cooking 13 25-02-2010 10:32 PM
Recipe Wanted Jack Allen Preserving 1 15-08-2007 09:44 PM
Recipe wanted Dick Adams General Cooking 4 18-08-2006 05:41 AM
Plaice: recipe wanted MEow General Cooking 15 24-01-2004 11:01 AM
Panettone recipe wanted... Richard Washbourne Baking 12 11-12-2003 04:21 AM