Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default strangozzi recipe wanted

Did anyone, by any chance, watch the Lidia's Italy
show this weekend (or whenever) on pbs and copy the
recipe for the strangozzi and the recipe for the
green sauce made with swiss chard (?) and an almond
pesto using basil, mint, and almonds, etc.?

I have searched everywhere on the internet and cannot
find those recipes although I have found mention of the
show. If I had realized I couldn't get the recipes online
I would have taped the show so I could copy the recipes.
(I was under the impression that cooking shows aired on
PBS are required to make the recipes available online.)

Thanks,
Kate
--
Kate Connally
Until you bite their heads off.”

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/22/2010 3:42 PM, Kate Connally wrote:
> Did anyone, by any chance, watch the Lidia's Italy
> show this weekend (or whenever) on pbs and copy the
> recipe for the strangozzi and the recipe for the
> green sauce made with swiss chard (?) and an almond
> pesto using basil, mint, and almonds, etc.?
>
> I have searched everywhere on the internet and cannot
> find those recipes although I have found mention of the
> show. If I had realized I couldn't get the recipes online
> I would have taped the show so I could copy the recipes.
> (I was under the impression that cooking shows aired on
> PBS are required to make the recipes available online.)
>
> Thanks,
> Kate

Lidia has two hundred! web site's (lol) Here are some non-PBS sites
which may have something.

http://lidiasitaly.com/

http://lidiasitaly.com/tv-show

http://www.lifestylefood.com.au/shows/lidias-italy/

http://blog.lidiasitaly.com/

--
regards, mike
piedmont, The Practical BBQ'r
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Kate Connally > wrote:

> Did anyone, by any chance, watch the Lidia's Italy
> show this weekend (or whenever) on pbs and copy the
> recipe for the strangozzi and the recipe for the
> green sauce made with swiss chard (?) and an almond
> pesto using basil, mint, and almonds, etc.?

I do not have these particular recipes, but I could post a couple of
Accademia Italiana della Cucina recipes for strangozzi/strengozzi (which
are a Spoleto version of fettuccine-like pasta made with just flour and
water, with no eggs) with a simple sauce, if needed.

Victor
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Victor wrote:

> I could post a couple of Accademia Italiana della Cucina recipes for
> strangozzi/strengozzi (which are a Spoleto version of fettuccine-like
> pasta made with just flour and water, with no eggs)

On the show which the OP mentioned, Lidia Bastianich made strangozzi using
just flour and water. But there was a vignette of some other woman making
strangozzi in Spoleto, and that woman made them from flour and egg whites.

Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Thanks but I'd already seen those. I searched every which
way from Sunday and can't find anything even close to the
sauce she made.
Kate

--
Kate Connally
Until you bite their heads off.”

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Victor Sack wrote:
> Kate Connally > wrote:
>
>> Did anyone, by any chance, watch the Lidia's Italy
>> show this weekend (or whenever) on pbs and copy the
>> recipe for the strangozzi and the recipe for the
>> green sauce made with swiss chard (?) and an almond
>> pesto using basil, mint, and almonds, etc.?

> I do not have these particular recipes, but I could post a couple of
> Accademia Italiana della Cucina recipes for strangozzi/strengozzi (which
> are a Spoleto version of fettuccine-like pasta made with just flour and
> water, with no eggs) with a simple sauce, if needed.
>
> Victor

Thanks, but I'm not worried about the strangozzi, per se, but
mainly the "sauce" she made. I know I can find plenty of
recipes for the pasta.
Kate

--
Kate Connally
Until you bite their heads off.”

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Since it seems that this recipe is not posted anywhere
online I have gone ahead and ordered Lidia's book which
contains it from my library. So there, Lidia! ;-)
Kate

--
Kate Connally
Until you bite their heads off.”

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Feb 23, 12:29*pm, Kate Connally > wrote:
> Since it seems that this recipe is not posted anywhere
> online I have gone ahead and ordered Lidia's book which
> contains it from my library. *So there, Lidia! *;-)
> Kate
>

> Kate Connally wrote:
> > Did anyone, by any chance, watch the Lidia's Italy
> > show this weekend (or whenever) on pbs and copy the
> > recipe for the strangozzi and the recipe for the
> > green sauce made with swiss chard (?) and an almond
> > pesto using basil, mint, and almonds, etc.?

> > I have searched everywhere on the internet and cannot
> > find those recipes although I have found mention of the
> > show. *If I had realized I couldn't get the recipes online
> > I would have taped the show so I could copy the recipes.
> > (I was under the impression that cooking shows aired on
> > PBS are required to make the recipes available online.)

> > Thanks,
> > Kate

> --
> Kate Connally
> “If I were as old as I feel, I’d be dead already.”
> Goldfish: “The wholesome snack that smiles back,
> Until you bite their heads off.”
> What if the hokey pokey really *is* what it's all about?

now please post it for the rest of us, since you've piques my
curiousity!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bob Terwilliger > wrote:

> Victor wrote:
>
> > I could post a couple of Accademia Italiana della Cucina recipes for
> > strangozzi/strengozzi (which are a Spoleto version of fettuccine-like
> > pasta made with just flour and water, with no eggs)

> On the show which the OP mentioned, Lidia Bastianich made strangozzi using
> just flour and water. But there was a vignette of some other woman making
> strangozzi in Spoleto, and that woman made them from flour and egg whites.

That is interesting and I wonder what they wanted to convey. That there
is more than one version of strangozzi (however spelt)? That people do
not always follow traditional recipes?

Strangozzi (etc.) seem to be defined by lack of eggs in every source I
can lay my hands on. Actually, strangozzi are officially registered as
a typical regional product and their specifications have been published.
They are made with flour (either soft wheat flour only, or a mixture of
2/3 soft and 1/3 durum flour) and water, with no eggs.

<http://www.agriforeste.regione.umbria.it/resources/doc%20prodotti%20tipici/strangozzi.pdf>

Victor
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Jude wrote:
> On Feb 23, 12:29 pm, Kate Connally > wrote:
>> Since it seems that this recipe is not posted anywhere
>> online I have gone ahead and ordered Lidia's book which
>> contains it from my library. So there, Lidia! ;-)
>> Kate
>>

>> Kate Connally wrote:
>>> Did anyone, by any chance, watch the Lidia's Italy
>>> show this weekend (or whenever) on pbs and copy the
>>> recipe for the strangozzi and the recipe for the
>>> green sauce made with swiss chard (?) and an almond
>>> pesto using basil, mint, and almonds, etc.?
>>> I have searched everywhere on the internet and cannot
>>> find those recipes although I have found mention of the
>>> show. If I had realized I couldn't get the recipes online
>>> I would have taped the show so I could copy the recipes.
>>> (I was under the impression that cooking shows aired on
>>> PBS are required to make the recipes available online.)
>>> Thanks,
>>> Kate

>> --
>> Kate Connally
>> “If I were as old as I feel, I’d be dead already.”
>> Goldfish: “The wholesome snack that smiles back,
>> Until you bite their heads off.”
>> What if the hokey pokey really *is* what it's all about?
>>

> now please post it for the rest of us, since you've piques my
> curiousity!

Well, first I have to get it. I "ordered" it at my library but
they get it from another library in the county, whoever has it.
Then I have 1 week to pick it up. Since my library is pretty
far away I may not pick it up until I have to be in that area
anyway. I'm hoping it will get in by the end of this week so I
can pick it up when I go to my aunt's house (which is near the
library) this weekend. If not I might not get it until next
week some time. But I will definitely post it when I get it.

Kate

--
Kate Connally
Until you bite their heads off.”

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Feb 24, 1:31*pm, Kate Connally > wrote:
> Jude wrote:
> > On Feb 23, 12:29 pm, Kate Connally > wrote:
> >> Since it seems that this recipe is not posted anywhere
> >> online I have gone ahead and ordered Lidia's book which
> >> contains it from my library. *So there, Lidia! *;-)
> >> Kate

> >> --
> >> Kate Connally
> >> “If I were as old as I feel, I’d be dead already.”
> >> Goldfish: “The wholesome snack that smiles back,
> >> Until you bite their heads off.”
> >> What if the hokey pokey really *is* what it's all about?
> >>

> > now please post it for the rest of us, since you've piques my
> > curiousity!

> Well, first I have to get it. *I "ordered" it at my library but
> they get it from another library in the county, whoever has it.
> Then I have 1 week to pick it up. *Since my library is pretty
> far away I may not pick it up until I have to be in that area
> anyway. *I'm hoping it will get in by the end of this week so I
> can pick it up when I go to my aunt's house (which is near the
> library) this weekend. *If not I might not get it until next
> week some time. *But I will definitely post it when I get it.
>
> Kate
>
> --
> Kate Connally
> “If I were as old as I feel, I’d be dead already.”
> Goldfish: “The wholesome snack that smiles back,
> Until you bite their heads off.”
> What if the hokey pokey really *is* what it's all about?

fair enough, thanks
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 24 Feb 2010 13:31:24 -0500, Kate Connally wrote:

> Jude wrote:
>> On Feb 23, 12:29 pm, Kate Connally > wrote:
>>> Since it seems that this recipe is not posted anywhere
>>> online I have gone ahead and ordered Lidia's book which
>>> contains it from my library. So there, Lidia! ;-)
>>> Kate

<snips>

> Well, first I have to get it. I "ordered" it at my library but
> they get it from another library in the county, whoever has it.
> Then I have 1 week to pick it up.

....and they could probably get it even if your county libraries don't have
it. the inter-library loan system is truly a great thing.

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

blake murphy wrote:
> On Wed, 24 Feb 2010 13:31:24 -0500, Kate Connally wrote:
>
>> Jude wrote:

> <snips>
>
>> Well, first I have to get it. I "ordered" it at my library but
>> they get it from another library in the county, whoever has it.
>> Then I have 1 week to pick it up.

> ...and they could probably get it even if your county libraries don't have
> it. the inter-library loan system is truly a great thing.

Yes, but that's separate. You have to fill out a special form
etc. I've done it. But our library system is online and you can
search the catalogue, which covers all the libraries in the county,
and tells you who has it, what form (book, tape, large print, etc.),
and if there are any holds on it, all kinds of stuff. I think about
8 of them had this book although several stated that it was currently
checked out. So no need for interlibrary loan.

Boy I love this new system - well, not that new - been doing it for
about 10 years I think. I order books all the time. My library
is fairly small and doesn't have "every" book so I get stuff from
all over when there is something special I know I want.

Kate

--
Kate Connally
Until you bite their heads off.”

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Kate Connally wrote:
> Did anyone, by any chance, watch the Lidia's Italy
> show this weekend (or whenever) on pbs and copy the
> recipe for the strangozzi
>
> I have searched everywhere on the internet and cannot
> find those recipes

Try spelling it "stroganoff" and you'll have better luck.

;-)

gloria p

REC: Lidia's Strangozzi with Chard and Almond Sauce Kate Connally General Cooking 6 05-03-2010 05:42 PM
Recipe Wanted Jack Allen Preserving 1 15-08-2007 09:44 PM
Recipe wanted Dick Adams Vegetarian cooking 2 04-09-2006 10:22 AM
Recipe wanted Dick Adams General Cooking 4 18-08-2006 05:41 AM
Beer-B-Que recipe wanted Johnny Mc Barbecue 25 05-02-2005 04:51 AM