Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default TAB quiche

TAB is a favorite sandwhich of mine. Turkey, avacado and bacon. So tonite
I am making crustless TAB quiche. No recipe. Six eggs and a cup of milk,
some chopped turkey, bacon and avacado then into the oven. Some nice
chardonnay to go with that and it will be a great meal.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2013-12-01, Paul M. Cook > wrote:
> some chopped turkey, bacon and avacado then into the oven.

Hard to imagine avacado in a quiche. Let us know how it works out.

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"notbob" > wrote in message
> On 2013-12-01, Paul M. Cook > wrote:
>> some chopped turkey, bacon and avacado then into the oven.

> Hard to imagine avacado in a quiche. Let us know how it works out.

She's going in the oven now. Avacado works well with eggs.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"notbob" > wrote in message
> On 2013-12-01, Paul M. Cook > wrote:
>> some chopped turkey, bacon and avacado then into the oven.

> Hard to imagine avacado in a quiche. Let us know how it works out.

It sucked. Waste of ingredients. I think a bacon avacado would be really
good. The turkey just does not work. It ruins it.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2013-12-01, Paul M. Cook > wrote:

> good. The turkey just does not work. It ruins it.

Yeah, bacon works jes about anywhere. My fave is bacon/mushroom. The
other meats I've tried have been salmon with asparagus, a classic
pairing. Make sure to use dry smoked salmon (not lox) and sweat at
least 50%-60% of the moisture out of the asparagus or the quiche will
weep. Makes fer a killer, albeit rather pricey, quiche. Another
was crab or shrimp, I ferget. I used blue cheese, which overpowered
the shellfish, so not a good pairing. I wanna try shellfish again,
though. Shellfish and avacado with feta cheese? Hmmmm.....

nb

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 30 Nov 2013 21:25:56 -0800, "Paul M. Cook" >
wrote:

> "notbob" > wrote in message
> > On 2013-12-01, Paul M. Cook > wrote:
> >> some chopped turkey, bacon and avacado then into the oven.

> > Hard to imagine avacado in a quiche. Let us know how it works out.
> >

> It sucked. Waste of ingredients. I think a bacon avacado would be really
> good. The turkey just does not work. It ruins it.

That's too bad! You could always fry up more bacon and sprinkle it on
the next slice. Did you serve it with a dollop of sour cream top? I
would have tried the turkey bacon combo (obviously with more bacon
than you used) and mashed or sliced the avocado to top my pie later
with the sour cream.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1 Dec 2013 14:10:37 GMT, notbob > wrote:

> Another was crab or shrimp, I ferget.

I can visualize crab, but not shrimp.

> I used blue cheese, which overpowered
> the shellfish, so not a good pairing. I wanna try shellfish again,
> though. Shellfish and avacado with feta cheese? Hmmmm.....

Sounds perfectly awful to me. Throw some bacon in with your crab -
use a white cheese like Monterey Jack/pepper jack or some sort of
holey white cheese... my personal preference is Jarlsberg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Paul M. Cook" > wrote in message
> TAB is a favorite sandwhich of mine. Turkey, avacado and bacon. So
> tonite I am making crustless TAB quiche. No recipe. Six eggs and a cup
> of milk, some chopped turkey, bacon and avacado then into the oven. Some
> nice chardonnay to go with that and it will be a great meal.

you might add an extra egg yolk for more richness.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>"notbob" > wrote in message
>> On 2013-12-01, Paul M. Cook > wrote:
>>> some chopped turkey, bacon and avacado then into the oven.

>> Hard to imagine avacado in a quiche. Let us know how it works out.
>>

>It sucked. Waste of ingredients. I think a bacon avacado would be really
>good. The turkey just does not work. It ruins it.

Turkey is a strong flavor and needs strong ingredients to pair with
it.
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Janet Bostwick" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 30 Nov 2013 21:25:56 -0800, "Paul M. Cook" >
> wrote:

>>> Hard to imagine avacado in a quiche. Let us know how it works out.
>>>

>>It sucked. Waste of ingredients. I think a bacon avacado would be really
>>good. The turkey just does not work. It ruins it.
>>

> Turkey is a strong flavor and needs strong ingredients to pair with
> it.

It sure doesn't taste good with eggs. It was so bad I just tossed it rather
than choke it down.

---

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 30 Nov 2013 21:25:56 -0800, "Paul M. Cook" >
> wrote:

>> > Hard to imagine avacado in a quiche. Let us know how it works out.
>> >

>> It sucked. Waste of ingredients. I think a bacon avacado would be
>> really
>> good. The turkey just does not work. It ruins it.
>>

> That's too bad! You could always fry up more bacon and sprinkle it on
> the next slice. Did you serve it with a dollop of sour cream top? I
> would have tried the turkey bacon combo (obviously with more bacon
> than you used) and mashed or sliced the avocado to top my pie later
> with the sour cream.

The flavors just clashed. This turkey was just roasted, no brining or
stuffing. I used just the breast meat. I would not recommend it to anyone.
The eggs seemed to have brought out a distinctive tin can taste that was
very strong. I'll use up the rest of the eggs and milk and make a nice
crustless quiche Lorraine tonight. I know it will be good.

---

Quiche notbob General Cooking 46 02-06-2016 06:26 PM
Quiche [email protected] General Cooking 110 10-09-2006 07:07 PM
Q. re quiche Bronwyn General Cooking 16 12-07-2006 08:12 PM