Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default 6 yolks

Leftover from my meringue shells.

Don't want to make hollandaise.

Any other ideas for them?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Jude wrote:

> Leftover from my meringue shells.
>
> Don't want to make hollandaise.
>
> Any other ideas for them?

Sponge cake. Lemon curd to fill those meringue shells.

Bob
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Jude" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Leftover from my meringue shells.
>
> Don't want to make hollandaise.
>
> Any other ideas for them?

http://www.gourmetsleuth.com/leftovereggyolks.htm

Posted to rec.food.cooking

zxcvbob wrote:
> Jude wrote:
>
> > Leftover from my meringue shells.
> >
> > Don't want to make hollandaise.
> >
> > Any other ideas for them?
> >

> Sponge cake. Lemon curd to fill those meringue shells.
>
> Bob

OOOOOOOhhhhhhhhhhhh, I love lemon curd! Got a good recipe?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

MoM wrote:
> "Jude" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
> > Leftover from my meringue shells.
> >
> > Don't want to make hollandaise.
> >
> > Any other ideas for them?
> >

> http://www.gourmetsleuth.com/leftovereggyolks.htm

Yum....there's a link for pots de creme (which i adore; those were last
year';s valentine's day dessert) and a variation to make them espresso
flavored. think i'll try that one tomorrow with my yolks!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article .com>,
"Jude" > wrote:

> Leftover from my meringue shells.
>
> Don't want to make hollandaise.
>
> Any other ideas for them?

We've seen this question before. :-)

Mix them in with 3 or 4 whole eggs and a small handful of your choice of
cheese and make scrambled eggs.

Just eat 'em. ;-d

Personally, I'd use them as a dip for steak tartar......
--
Peace, Om.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Jude wrote:
> Leftover from my meringue shells.
>
> Don't want to make hollandaise.
>
> Any other ideas for them?

Mayonnaise
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Jude wrote:

> Leftover from my meringue shells.
>
> Don't want to make hollandaise.
>
> Any other ideas for them?

Creme brulee and pot de creme both use yolks. Ice cream base
uses yolks. I posted a recipe here last week for
Galaktoboureko (Greek Custard Pastry) that requires 6 egg
yolks.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
aem aem is offline

Jude wrote:
> Leftover from my meringue shells.
>
> Don't want to make hollandaise.
>
> Any other ideas for them?

I posted an easy recipe for Key Lime Pie a while ago that uses 4 egg
yolks. Use the other two for fried rice. -aem

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Homemade icecream!

-- Bronwyn

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Jude wrote:

> Leftover from my meringue shells.
>
> Don't want to make hollandaise.
>
> Any other ideas for them?

I like to use only yolks for breading a piece of chicken to fry. It
makes a denser, firmer, stronger coating than a whole egg whether using
bread crumbs or seasoned flour

Also refrigerator ice cream, or a 'biscuit glace' could use up all 6
yolks in one go, along with about 11/2 pound of sugar and some vanilla
pod infused milk.
---
JL
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Jude" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> zxcvbob wrote:
>> Jude wrote:
>>
>> > Leftover from my meringue shells.
>> >
>> > Don't want to make hollandaise.
>> >
>> > Any other ideas for them?
>> >

>> Sponge cake. Lemon curd to fill those meringue shells.
>>
>> Bob

> OOOOOOOhhhhhhhhhhhh, I love lemon curd! Got a good recipe?
>===============

Yes.

--
Syssi
Lemon Curd

5 Eggs
5 oz butter
3 lemons (rind and juice)
2 cups sugar

Thoroughly mixed together and cooked for 10-15 minutes... jarred
and refrigerated.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Jude" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Leftover from my meringue shells.
>
> Don't want to make hollandaise.
>
> Any other ideas for them?
>========

Bearnaise Sauce? I like it far better than Hollandaise.

Bearnaise Sauce

2 TBSP Red Wine Vinegar
1 1/2 tsp chopped Green Onion
1 1/2 tsp Tarragon
1/8 tsp cracked Black Pepper
4 Egg yolks
3/4 cup Butter, softened
1 TBSP Parsley

1. In top of a double-boiler (d-b), combine first 4 ingredients. Over high
heat, heat to boiling. Boil until vinegar is reduced in half.

2. Place top of d-b unit over bottom unit with hot, not boiling, water. Add
yolks, and cook, beating constantly with whisk until slightly thickened.

3. Add butter, about 2 TBSP at a time, beating constantly with whisk, until
butter is melted and mixture is thickened. Stir in parsley.

no yolks Somebody General Cooking 1 29-12-2012 11:41 AM
What can you do with egg yolks? thekitchen-aide General Cooking 38 25-03-2011 12:13 PM
What to do with 16 egg yolks? Wayne Boatwright[_4_] General Cooking 48 08-03-2009 05:08 AM
What to do with 12 egg yolks? Jen[_4_] Baking 3 07-01-2008 12:23 AM
egg yolks elaine General Cooking 41 31-12-2005 06:55 PM