Posted to rec.food.baking

Default What to do with 12 egg yolks?

I have a recipe for an angel food cake that calls for a dozen egg
whites but I'm wondering if anyone has an idea of what I could do with
the leftover egg yolks? Anyone have a custard recipe or something that
would use them?
TIA...

Jen
Posted to rec.food.baking

Jen wrote:
> I have a recipe for an angel food cake that calls for a dozen egg
> whites but I'm wondering if anyone has an idea of what I could do with
> the leftover egg yolks? Anyone have a custard recipe or something that
> would use them?
> TIA...
>
> Jen

you need lots of egg yolks for baked cheesecake (about 6 for 2 packs of
cream cheese. There are loads of recipes on the net.

Also you can make vanilla custard and freeze it = ice cream

hollandaise sauce?

all if which it must be said are definitely NOT low calorie.

guess how high my weight is!

I usually have more whites than yolks leftover.

Hilda
Posted to rec.food.baking

On Jan 5, 11:16 am, Jen > wrote:
> I have a recipe for an angel food cake that calls for a dozen egg
> whites but I'm wondering if anyone has an idea of what I could do with
> the leftover egg yolks? Anyone have a custard recipe or something that
> would use them?
> TIA...
>
> Jen

I have a simple egg custard recipe u can try...
200ml fresh milk, 2pcs screwpine leaves +caster sugar(to ur taste)-
boil until sugar dissolve then leave to cool(room
temperature)..then....
Whip in 6 egg yolks & 2tbps of ginger juice (don't whip too much..jus
mixture combine like batter)-then sieve it into small china bowl. Now
u can steam for around 30minit depend on ur china bowl size.... sweet
egg custard...have a nice try....

Fione
Posted to rec.food.baking

French vanilla ice cream

mayonaise

egg bread twist

no yolks Somebody General Cooking 1 29-12-2012 11:41 AM
What can you do with egg yolks? thekitchen-aide General Cooking 38 25-03-2011 12:13 PM
What to do with 16 egg yolks? Wayne Boatwright[_4_] General Cooking 48 08-03-2009 05:08 AM
6 yolks Jude General Cooking 12 14-02-2006 11:14 PM
egg yolks elaine General Cooking 41 31-12-2005 06:55 PM