Posted to rec.food.cooking
Pandora

Default Today (Foto)

Altamura bread (first experiment):
http://tinypic.com/mcbsap.jpg
http://tinypic.com/mcbsir.jpg
http://tinypic.com/mcbtyd.jpg

Torta dei Tetti (Roofs cake- a Piedmontese recipe with pears, wine, almonds
and cocoa inside):
http://tinypic.com/mcbuyd.jpg
http://tinypic.com/mcbv5y.jpg

Cheers
Pandora

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Boron Elgar

On Sun, 22 Jan 2006 18:40:45 +0100, "Pandora" >
wrote:

>Altamura bread (first experiment):
>http://tinypic.com/mcbsap.jpg
>http://tinypic.com/mcbsir.jpg
>http://tinypic.com/mcbtyd.jpg

This looks intriguing...is it a semolina bread - that is, made from
durham wheat?

I would love the recipe.

>Torta dei Tetti (Roofs cake- a Piedmontese recipe with pears, wine, almonds
>and cocoa inside):
>http://tinypic.com/mcbuyd.jpg
>http://tinypic.com/mcbv5y.jpg

Ok...I'd like this recipe, too.

Please.

Boron
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Dee Randall

"Boron Elgar" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 22 Jan 2006 18:40:45 +0100, "Pandora" >
> wrote:
>
>>Altamura bread (first experiment):
>>http://tinypic.com/mcbsap.jpg
>>http://tinypic.com/mcbsir.jpg
>>http://tinypic.com/mcbtyd.jpg

> This looks intriguing...is it a semolina bread - that is, made from
> durham wheat?
>
> I would love the recipe.

Me, too. Me too. I'm hoping it is semolina. I love semolina in bread.
Noticing your brick on the oven - They are much thicker than what I imagine
that U.S. home bread makers are using from their local tile/hardware store.
Any comments on these stones, vs. the ones you are using?
Dee Dee

>>Torta dei Tetti (Roofs cake- a Piedmontese recipe with pears, wine,
>>almonds
>>and cocoa inside):
>>http://tinypic.com/mcbuyd.jpg
>>http://tinypic.com/mcbv5y.jpg
>>

> Ok...I'd like this recipe, too.
>
> Please.

Me, too, Me too.
It seems if you post anything looking this great, that you have to be
prepared to have the recipe in-hand.
This Torta looks sooo much different before cut. I would never have
imagined it looked this way inside.
DeeDee

> Boron

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Pandora

"Boron Elgar" > ha scritto nel messaggio
> On Sun, 22 Jan 2006 18:40:45 +0100, "Pandora" >
> wrote:
>
>>Altamura bread (first experiment):
>>http://tinypic.com/mcbsap.jpg
>>http://tinypic.com/mcbsir.jpg
>>http://tinypic.com/mcbtyd.jpg

> This looks intriguing...is it a semolina bread - that is, made from
> durham wheat?

Yes! It is made with "Farina di semola di grano duro" (Hard wheat semola
flour). Now I don't know how do you say.

> I would love the recipe.

I will give you ASAP. I've tried this morning but I must write

>>Torta dei Tetti (Roofs cake- a Piedmontese recipe with pears, wine,
>>almonds
>>and cocoa inside):
>>http://tinypic.com/mcbuyd.jpg
>>http://tinypic.com/mcbv5y.jpg
>>

> Ok...I'd like this recipe, too.
>
> Please.

Thank you Boron. I will write for you these recipes. The cake is made with
red wine and spices.
Cheers
Pandora

> Boron

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Pandora

"Dee Randall" > ha scritto nel messaggio

> "Boron Elgar" > wrote in message
>> On Sun, 22 Jan 2006 18:40:45 +0100, "Pandora" >
>> wrote:
>>
>>>Altamura bread (first experiment):
>>>http://tinypic.com/mcbsap.jpg
>>>http://tinypic.com/mcbsir.jpg
>>>http://tinypic.com/mcbtyd.jpg

>> This looks intriguing...is it a semolina bread - that is, made from
>> durham wheat?
>>
>> I would love the recipe.

> Me, too. Me too. I'm hoping it is semolina. I love semolina in bread.
> Noticing your brick on the oven - They are much thicker than what I
> imagine that U.S. home bread makers are using from their local
> tile/hardware store. Any comments on these stones, vs. the ones you are
> using?
> Dee Dee
>

>>>Torta dei Tetti (Roofs cake- a Piedmontese recipe with pears, wine,
>>>almonds
>>>and cocoa inside):
>>>http://tinypic.com/mcbuyd.jpg
>>>http://tinypic.com/mcbv5y.jpg
>>>

>> Ok...I'd like this recipe, too.
>>
>> Please.
>>

> Me, too, Me too.
> It seems if you post anything looking this great, that you have to be
> prepared to have the recipe in-hand.
> This Torta looks sooo much different before cut. I would never have
> imagined it looked this way inside.
> DeeDee
>

>> Boron

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Pandora

"Dee Randall" > ha scritto nel messaggio

> "Boron Elgar" > wrote in message
>> On Sun, 22 Jan 2006 18:40:45 +0100, "Pandora" >
>> wrote:
>>
>>>Altamura bread (first experiment):
>>>http://tinypic.com/mcbsap.jpg
>>>http://tinypic.com/mcbsir.jpg
>>>http://tinypic.com/mcbtyd.jpg

>> This looks intriguing...is it a semolina bread - that is, made from
>> durham wheat?
>>
>> I would love the recipe.

> Me, too. Me too. I'm hoping it is semolina. I love semolina in bread.
> Noticing your brick on the oven - They are much thicker than what I
> imagine that U.S. home bread makers are using from their local
> tile/hardware store. Any comments on these stones, vs. the ones you are
> using?
> Dee Dee

Yes ! I have bought them to a hardware store for few cents

>>>Torta dei Tetti (Roofs cake- a Piedmontese recipe with pears, wine,
>>>almonds
>>>and cocoa inside):
>>>http://tinypic.com/mcbuyd.jpg
>>>http://tinypic.com/mcbv5y.jpg
>>>

>> Ok...I'd like this recipe, too.
>>
>> Please.
>>

> Me, too, Me too.
> It seems if you post anything looking this great, that you have to be
> prepared to have the recipe in-hand.
> This Torta looks sooo much different before cut. I would never have
> imagined it looked this way inside.
> DeeDee

Me too, me too DDDDDDD , I would never have imagined this. It is ugly
outside. But good and different inside DDD

Cheeers
Pandora
Ps.
ASAP recipes

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Boron Elgar

On Sun, 22 Jan 2006 22:29:25 +0100, "Pandora" >
wrote:

>Thank you Boron. I will write for you these recipes. The cake is made with
>red wine and spices.
>Cheers
>Pandora

You are so very charming and kind to share all these delights.

Desidero ringraziarla per tutto l'aiuto.

(That is borrowed from an old dictionary & I am sure is ungrammatical
and barely understandable)

Boron
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Pandora

"Boron Elgar" > ha scritto nel messaggio
> On Sun, 22 Jan 2006 22:29:25 +0100, "Pandora" >
> wrote:
>

>>Thank you Boron. I will write for you these recipes. The cake is made with
>>red wine and spices.
>>Cheers
>>Pandora
>>>

> You are so very charming and kind to share all these delights.
>
> Desidero ringraziarla per tutto l'aiuto.

BRAVOOOOOOOO!!!!! Grazie per avermi parlato in Italiano. Lo apprezzo molto
!!!!!
But you have not to thank me! I Am very happy to share recipes with you!
Because you are too nice!!! And I love your recipes too!
The only thing I Am sorry is that we are so far from each other ((

> (That is borrowed from an old dictionary & I am sure is ungrammatical
> and barely understandable).

Nooo! It is grammatically perfect, indeed!! The only thing is that the
phrase you have written is in 3rd persons. I would have said." Desidero
ringraziarTI per tutto l'aiuto.
In English there is no difference between 1st person and 3rd persons.
Instead in Italian you say *you* (2nd person singular) to a friend and *lei*
to a person you don't know well.

Thank you Boron!!! I'm pleased to have met you and all this NG !!! ))
Cheers
Pandora

> Boron

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Bronwyn

We are so lucky to have you in this newsgroup -- to see regional
dishes from Italy -- not usually found in my Italian cookbooks
(Marcella Hazan).

This dessert looks beautiful, a winter season dessert perhaps, but I
shall definitely file this one away should you post the recipe!

Cheers
Bronnie

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Dee Randall

"Michael "Dog3" Lonergan" > wrote in message
> "Pandora" > looking for trouble wrote in
> :
>
>> Altamura bread (first experiment):
>> http://tinypic.com/mcbsap.jpg
>> http://tinypic.com/mcbsir.jpg
>> http://tinypic.com/mcbtyd.jpg

> Gawd. Your oven is clean compared to my oven and my oven is self
> cleaning.
> I am now ashamed I have not set the cleaning mechanism on since
> Thanksgiving. The bread looks really nice Pandora.
>

>> Torta dei Tetti (Roofs cake- a Piedmontese recipe with pears, wine,
>> almonds and cocoa inside):
>> http://tinypic.com/mcbuyd.jpg
>> http://tinypic.com/mcbv5y.jpg

> I have never seen anything quite like this. It looks suspiciously
> terrific. Meaning I'd eat a small slice to taste and then wind up eating
> the entire thing while watching a vintage movie
>
> Michael

I think I noticed the oven cleanliness before the bricks. I'm always hoping
that my oven doesn't show up in the pictures I take. Mine is self-cleaning,
too, but it's a job that gets undone -- you know, turn the knob, pull the
latch - that's a job I can put off.

Yeah, Michael, I'd be apt to do the same thing, it looks just too darned
delicious!

Dee Dee

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Boron Elgar

On Sun, 22 Jan 2006 23:20:48 +0100, "Pandora" >
wrote:

>"Boron Elgar" > ha scritto nel messaggio
.. .

>> You are so very charming and kind to share all these delights.
>>
>> Desidero ringraziarla per tutto l'aiuto.

>BRAVOOOOOOOO!!!!! Grazie per avermi parlato in Italiano. Lo apprezzo molto
>!!!!!
>But you have not to thank me! I Am very happy to share recipes with you!
>Because you are too nice!!! And I love your recipes too!
>The only thing I Am sorry is that we are so far from each other ((

Indeed! Inn the old days, I'd have been in Europe so often that I
could easily have dropped in. I do not travel far any more. I miss it,
but am thankful for all the traveling when I was younger.

>> (That is borrowed from an old dictionary & I am sure is ungrammatical
>> and barely understandable).

>Nooo! It is grammatically perfect, indeed!! The only thing is that the
>phrase you have written is in 3rd persons. I would have said." Desidero
>ringraziarTI per tutto l'aiuto.
>In English there is no difference between 1st person and 3rd persons.
>Instead in Italian you say *you* (2nd person singular) to a friend and *lei*
>to a person you don't know well.

I tried to ask my son, who has 1 year of school Italian under his
belt, but he could not help me. I guess listening to opera recordings
and looking through dictionaries is the best I can do now!

>Thank you Boron!!! I'm pleased to have met you and all this NG !!! ))
>Cheers
>Pandora

And cheers to you, too, Pandora. It is always a pleasure to read your
generous posts.

Boron
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Pandora

"Dee Randall" > ha scritto nel messaggio

> "Michael "Dog3" Lonergan" > wrote in message
>> "Pandora" > looking for trouble wrote in
>> :
>>
>>> Altamura bread (first experiment):
>>> http://tinypic.com/mcbsap.jpg
>>> http://tinypic.com/mcbsir.jpg
>>> http://tinypic.com/mcbtyd.jpg

>> Gawd. Your oven is clean compared to my oven and my oven is self
>> cleaning.
>> I am now ashamed I have not set the cleaning mechanism on since
>> Thanksgiving. The bread looks really nice Pandora.

But It is my first experiment. I know that you are more clever then me with
bread )
This recipe is a speedy recipe. I should have made natural yeast for it. But
I wanted to try first this, because I have no experience with natural yeasts
and breads

>>> Torta dei Tetti (Roofs cake- a Piedmontese recipe with pears, wine,
>>> almonds and cocoa inside):
>>> http://tinypic.com/mcbuyd.jpg
>>> http://tinypic.com/mcbv5y.jpg

>> I have never seen anything quite like this. It looks suspiciously
>> terrific. Meaning I'd eat a small slice to taste and then wind up eating
>> the entire thing while watching a vintage movie
>>
>> Michael

> I think I noticed the oven cleanliness before the bricks. I'm always
> hoping that my oven doesn't show up in the pictures I take. Mine is
> self-cleaning, too, but it's a job that gets undone -- you know, turn the
> knob, pull the latch - that's a job I can put off.

No! I must clean my oven by end and I don't clean it everyday because I cook
a lot )) I don't worry to show it because is a tool of working ))

> Yeah, Michael, I'd be apt to do the same thing, it looks just too darned
> delicious!
>
> Dee Dee

Thank you . Today I will write something for you.
Pandora

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Pandora

"Bronwyn" > ha scritto nel messaggio
oups.com...
> We are so lucky to have you in this newsgroup -- to see regional
> dishes from Italy -- not usually found in my Italian cookbooks
> (Marcella Hazan).
>
> This dessert looks beautiful, a winter season dessert perhaps, but I
> shall definitely file this one away should you post the recipe!

Thank you.
ASAP I will write recipe.
Pandy

> Cheers
> Bronnie

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Pandora

"Boron Elgar" > ha scritto nel messaggio
> On Sun, 22 Jan 2006 23:20:48 +0100, "Pandora" >
> wrote:
>

>>"Boron Elgar" > ha scritto nel messaggio
. ..

>>> You are so very charming and kind to share all these delights.
>>>
>>> Desidero ringraziarla per tutto l'aiuto.

>>BRAVOOOOOOOO!!!!! Grazie per avermi parlato in Italiano. Lo apprezzo molto
>>!!!!!
>>But you have not to thank me! I Am very happy to share recipes with you!
>>Because you are too nice!!! And I love your recipes too!
>>The only thing I Am sorry is that we are so far from each other ((

> Indeed! Inn the old days, I'd have been in Europe so often that I
> could easily have dropped in. I do not travel far any more. I miss it,
> but am thankful for all the traveling when I was younger.

I can understand you

>>> (That is borrowed from an old dictionary & I am sure is ungrammatical
>>> and barely understandable).

>>Nooo! It is grammatically perfect, indeed!! The only thing is that the
>>phrase you have written is in 3rd persons. I would have said." Desidero
>>ringraziarTI per tutto l'aiuto.
>>In English there is no difference between 1st person and 3rd persons.
>>Instead in Italian you say *you* (2nd person singular) to a friend and
>>*lei*
>>to a person you don't know well.

> I tried to ask my son, who has 1 year of school Italian under his
> belt, but he could not help me. I guess listening to opera recordings
> and looking through dictionaries is the best I can do now!

I don't understand Opera ) I don't understand when they speak

>>Thank you Boron!!! I'm pleased to have met you and all this NG !!! ))
>>Cheers
>>Pandora

> And cheers to you, too, Pandora. It is always a pleasure to read your
> generous posts.

Thank you!
Cheers
Pandora