FoodBanter.com

-   -   What would you call this (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/78401-what-would-you-call.html)

MoM 06-01-2006 06:16 PM

What would you call this

I making a spaghetti sauce by the seat of my pants.

Onion, celery, carrot, peppers all chopped fine diced
tomatoes and tomato sauce plus salt and pepper, garlic,
basil, oregano and those anise flavour seeds.

2 lbs ground beef.

It's all simmering on the stove.

So is there a name for this?

MoM

--
Helen in beautiful Fergus, Ontario Canada ~~ RVTOBFREE
www.mompeagram.homestead.com/

Doug Kanter 06-01-2006 06:26 PM

What would you call this

"MoM" wrote in message
. ..
I making a spaghetti sauce by the seat of my pants.

Onion, celery, carrot, peppers all chopped fine diced tomatoes and tomato
sauce plus salt and pepper, garlic, basil, oregano and those anise flavour
seeds.

2 lbs ground beef.

It's all simmering on the stove.

So is there a name for this?

MoM

Spaghetti sauce.

kevnbro 06-01-2006 07:36 PM

What would you call this

Yes, it's called "slop".

Mmmm! Slop!

And that's a compliment coming from projectile vomit chick... she's
accustomed to the piquant flavor of her own bile.
"Slop" to her is a culinary delight. Kev

Bubba 06-01-2006 07:53 PM

What would you call this

MoM wrote:
I making a spaghetti sauce by the seat of my pants.

Onion, celery, carrot, peppers all chopped fine diced
tomatoes and tomato sauce plus salt and pepper, garlic,
basil, oregano and those anise flavour seeds.

2 lbs ground beef.

It's all simmering on the stove.

So is there a name for this?

MoM

Supper!

--
You wanna measure or you wanna cook?

Wayne Boatwright 06-01-2006 08:03 PM

What would you call this

On Fri 06 Jan 2006 11:16:58a, MoM wrote in rec.food.cooking:

I making a spaghetti sauce by the seat of my pants.

Onion, celery, carrot, peppers all chopped fine diced
tomatoes and tomato sauce plus salt and pepper, garlic,
basil, oregano and those anise flavour seeds.

2 lbs ground beef.

It's all simmering on the stove.

So is there a name for this?

MoM

Except for the peppers, it sounded like you were starting a Sauce Bolognese.

--
Wayne Boatwright **

Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974

MoM 06-01-2006 08:47 PM

What would you call this

"Wayne Boatwright" wrote in message
On Fri 06 Jan 2006 11:16:58a, MoM wrote in
rec.food.cooking:

I making a spaghetti sauce by the seat of my pants.

Onion, celery, carrot, peppers all chopped fine diced
tomatoes and tomato sauce plus salt and pepper, garlic,
basil, oregano and those anise flavour seeds.

2 lbs ground beef.

It's all simmering on the stove.

So is there a name for this?

MoM

Except for the peppers, it sounded like you were starting
a Sauce Bolognese.

--
Wayne Boatwright **

I didn't know what was in a Bolognese.

It turned out great!

We've been eating dinner around 2 because by 5:30 or later
I'm just not hungry.

MoM

MoM 06-01-2006 08:48 PM

What would you call this

Oh, ok.

"Jo Ling" wrote in message
Spaghetti Bolognaise

. ..

MoM 06-01-2006 08:51 PM

What would you call this

"Wayne Boatwright" wrote in message
On Fri 06 Jan 2006 11:16:58a, MoM wrote in
rec.food.cooking:

I making a spaghetti sauce by the seat of my pants.

Onion, celery, carrot, peppers all chopped fine diced
tomatoes and tomato sauce plus salt and pepper, garlic,
basil, oregano and those anise flavour seeds.

2 lbs ground beef.

It's all simmering on the stove.

So is there a name for this?

MoM

Except for the peppers, it sounded like you were starting
a Sauce Bolognese.

--
Wayne Boatwright **

I just looked it up on Epicurious and it shows milk in the
sauce. None in mine.

MoM

Nancy Young 06-01-2006 09:34 PM

What would you call this

"Bubba" wrote

MoM wrote:
I making a spaghetti sauce by the seat of my pants.

Onion, celery, carrot, peppers all chopped fine diced tomatoes and tomato
sauce plus salt and pepper, garlic, basil, oregano and those anise
flavour seeds.

2 lbs ground beef.

It's all simmering on the stove.

So is there a name for this?

Supper!

If not for the ground beef, substituting chicken, it would
be chicken cacchiatori at my house.

nancy

Sheldon 06-01-2006 09:51 PM

What would you call this

MoM wrote:
I'm making a spaghetti sauce by the seat of my pants.

Stop right there... Pantalones a la Puttanesca... doesn't get any more
italian than that! G

Sheldoni Linguinni

Melba's Jammin' 06-01-2006 10:02 PM

What would you call this

In article ,
"MoM" wrote:

I making a spaghetti sauce by the seat of my pants.

Onion, celery, carrot, peppers all chopped fine diced
tomatoes and tomato sauce plus salt and pepper, garlic,
basil, oregano and those anise flavour seeds.

2 lbs ground beef.

It's all simmering on the stove.

So is there a name for this?

MoM

MoM's Special Spaghetti Sauce.
--
http://www.jamlady.eboard.com, updated 1-3-2006, Sam I Am! and Hello!

Wayne Boatwright 06-01-2006 10:02 PM

What would you call this

On Fri 06 Jan 2006 01:47:54p, MoM wrote in rec.food.cooking:

"Wayne Boatwright" wrote in message
On Fri 06 Jan 2006 11:16:58a, MoM wrote in rec.food.cooking:

I making a spaghetti sauce by the seat of my pants.

Onion, celery, carrot, peppers all chopped fine diced
tomatoes and tomato sauce plus salt and pepper, garlic, basil,
oregano and those anise flavour seeds.

2 lbs ground beef.

It's all simmering on the stove.

So is there a name for this?

MoM

Except for the peppers, it sounded like you were starting
a Sauce Bolognese.

--
Wayne Boatwright **

I didn't know what was in a Bolognese.

No peppers but a couple of other things, including a bit of milk or cream.

It turned out great!

Then name it Spaghetti a la Helen!

We've been eating dinner around 2 because by 5:30 or later
I'm just not hungry.

Not a bad idea. Because of our different schedules, we don't get to eat
dinner until around 8:30 p.m. That's way too late in my book, but if we
want to eat together, that's what we have to do.

--
Wayne Boatwright **

Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974