Old 25-11-2005, 12:07 AM posted to rec.food.cooking
Nexis

Default What did you forget? (Food wise)

I was reading through a few posts while waiting to carve the bird, and saw a
few people mention forgetting something they intended to have (I think the
one that got me thinking was devilled eggs, because I also forgot them!)
Did you forget anything?

kimberly

Old 25-11-2005, 04:11 AM posted to rec.food.cooking
Terri Williams

I spent the afternoon watching the turkey at my Mom's (she was cooking the
other turkey elsewhere). My contribution was green bean casserole. I mixed
it up and had it all ready to pop in the oven when the turkey came out. I
didn't really have to do anything else except hang out and check for smoke
(LOL). Well, the guests arrived, we served the food, and halfway through the
meal I remembered my cassreole, still safe in the fridge! One of the ladies
cooking popped it in the oven, and my pride was saved!

Terri

news:[email protected]

Old 25-11-2005, 04:24 AM posted to rec.food.cooking
Chris

"Terri Williams" wrote in message
I spent the afternoon watching the turkey at my Mom's (she was cooking the
other turkey elsewhere). My contribution was green bean casserole. I mixed
it up and had it all ready to pop in the oven when the turkey came out. I
didn't really have to do anything else except hang out and check for smoke
(LOL). Well, the guests arrived, we served the food, and halfway through
the
meal I remembered my cassreole, still safe in the fridge! One of the
ladies
cooking popped it in the oven, and my pride was saved!

Terri, I have done that so many times. :-) Glad you remembered!

Chris

Old 25-11-2005, 04:32 AM posted to rec.food.cooking
Wayne Boatwright

On Thu 24 Nov 2005 05:07:37p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Nexis?

I was reading through a few posts while waiting to carve the bird, and
saw a few people mention forgetting something they intended to have (I
think the one that got me thinking was devilled eggs, because I also
forgot them!) Did you forget anything?

Every holiday meal seems to have at least one forgotten item. I had
forgotten to make the devilled eggs, but was reminded in time to make a
platter full. This year, apart from that, I amazingly remembered every
single thing. That will probably never happen again. :-)

--
Wayne Boatwright **

Old 25-11-2005, 04:57 AM posted to rec.food.cooking
Tony P.

In article , terribear62
@rochester.rr.com says...
I spent the afternoon watching the turkey at my Mom's (she was cooking the
other turkey elsewhere). My contribution was green bean casserole. I mixed
it up and had it all ready to pop in the oven when the turkey came out. I
didn't really have to do anything else except hang out and check for smoke
(LOL). Well, the guests arrived, we served the food, and halfway through the
meal I remembered my cassreole, still safe in the fridge! One of the ladies
cooking popped it in the oven, and my pride was saved!

Since we're on the subject of forgetting things, I love AB's recipe for
Broccoil Casserole.

But I forgot the mayonnaise this year. It isn't bad without it.

Old 25-11-2005, 06:26 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 24 Nov 2005 16:07:37 -0800, "Nexis" wrote:

I was reading through a few posts while waiting to carve the bird, and saw a
few people mention forgetting something they intended to have (I think the
one that got me thinking was devilled eggs, because I also forgot them!)
Did you forget anything?

kimberly

I forgot my mind, does that count?
Old 25-11-2005, 08:03 AM posted to rec.food.cooking
sf

On Thu, 24 Nov 2005 16:07:37 -0800, Nexis wrote:

I was reading through a few posts while waiting to carve the bird, and saw a
few people mention forgetting something they intended to have (I think the
one that got me thinking was devilled eggs, because I also forgot them!)
Did you forget anything?

I stuffed my bird and put the rest in the refrigerator.... I not only
forgot about it, I knew I've forgotten something and did notice it
when I looked in the refrigerator.very sad, really!

The good news is that I "found" it in the refrogerator before it was
too late and we did had it for dinner.

Old 25-11-2005, 08:05 AM posted to rec.food.cooking
-L.

Nexis wrote:
I was reading through a few posts while waiting to carve the bird, and saw a
few people mention forgetting something they intended to have (I think the
one that got me thinking was devilled eggs, because I also forgot them!)
Did you forget anything?

kimberly

For the first time, NO! My bird came out perfect, dressing a bit
overdone, but that was ok - everything else was marvelous. Even
remembered the olive tray. As someone said "The food was delectable
and the company was delightful!"
-L.

Old 25-11-2005, 08:50 AM posted to rec.food.cooking
Phyllis Stone

I like to cook greenbeans is the slow cooker with chicken broth and dill,
carrots and Tony Chachere's cajun spice. Most of our dinner is starchy so
this is a lighter side dish. I bought the carrots 2 days ago and they were
mushy, I didn't use them. So I forgot to check my ingredients before it was
too late to do anything about it.

Old 25-11-2005, 02:21 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
jmcquown

Nexis wrote:
I was reading through a few posts while waiting to carve the bird,
and saw a few people mention forgetting something they intended to
have (I think the one that got me thinking was devilled eggs, because
I also forgot them!) Did you forget anything?

kimberly

Nothing. It's hard to forget things when you're cooking for one.

Jill

Old 25-11-2005, 03:49 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
Nancy Young

"Nexis" wrote in message
news:[email protected]
I was reading through a few posts while waiting to carve the bird, and saw
a few people mention forgetting something they intended to have (I think
the one that got me thinking was devilled eggs, because I also forgot
them!)
Did you forget anything?

Didn't occur to me until about an hour ago ... the asparagus!

That's okay, we'll have it with the pork chops.

nancy

Old 25-11-2005, 04:00 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
kilikini

"Nancy Young" wrote in message

"Nexis" wrote in message
news:[email protected]
I was reading through a few posts while waiting to carve the bird, and

saw
a few people mention forgetting something they intended to have (I think
the one that got me thinking was devilled eggs, because I also forgot
them!)
Did you forget anything?

Didn't occur to me until about an hour ago ... the asparagus!

That's okay, we'll have it with the pork chops.

nancy

I remembered the asparagus but almost forgot the cranberry!

kili

Old 25-11-2005, 06:49 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
-L.

Phyllis Stone wrote:
I like to cook greenbeans is the slow cooker with chicken broth and dill,
carrots and Tony Chachere's cajun spice. Most of our dinner is starchy so
this is a lighter side dish. I bought the carrots 2 days ago and they were
mushy, I didn't use them. So I forgot to check my ingredients before it was
too late to do anything about it.

This sounds really good - how long to you cook them?
-L.

Old 25-11-2005, 07:26 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
King's Crown

Yes, I definitely forgot something... pretty important nutrition wise
too.... the green vegetable. HA! We were all sitting down passing around
the food and I started thinking where's the broccoli? hahaha I hadn't
steamed it. It wouldn't take long to steam, but everyone including my
children voted to go without.

Lynne

news:[email protected]

Old 25-11-2005, 08:57 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
Melba's Jammin'

In article [email protected], "Nexis"
wrote:

I was reading through a few posts while waiting to carve the bird, and saw a
few people mention forgetting something they intended to have (I think the
one that got me thinking was devilled eggs, because I also forgot them!)
Did you forget anything?

kimberly

We forgot to serve the broccoli, list be damned.
--
http://www.jamlady.eboard.com, updated 11-23-05 - Potica!