Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Autumn is looking pretty good, food-wise

_Sunday Suppers at Lucques_ contains 48 week's worth of seasonal menus (and
recipes to make the items on the menus). Here are some of the fall menus
which I'm considering:

Warm Kabocha Squash Salad with Arugula, Bacon, Roncal, and Pecans
Sea Bass with Shell Bean Risotto and Gremolata Butter
Pork Porterhouse with Sautéed Quince, Apples, and Potatoes
Cranberry-Walnut Clafoutis with Bourbon Whipped Cream

Radicchio with Gorgonzola, Walnuts, and Saba
Spiced Snapper with Carrot Purée and Gingered Beets
Braised Chicken with Saffron Onions, Italian Couscous, and Dates
Olive Oil Cake with Crème Fraîche and Candied Tangerines

Warm Wild Mushroom Salad with Soft Herbs, Pecorino, and Hazelnuts
Grilled Quail with Pancetta, Ricotta Pudding, and Sicilian Breadcrumbs
Pan-Roasted Ribeye Steak "Marchand de Vins" with Watercress
and "Grossi's" potatoes
Caramel-Nut Tart with Milk Chocolate and Cognac Cream

Roasted Beet Salad with Fried Chickpeas, Olives, and Ricotta Salata
Mussels and Clams with Vermouth, Cannellini Beans, and Kale
Grilled Duck Breasts with Crème Fraîche, Roasted Grapes,
and Potato-Bacon Gratin
Sbrisolona with Moscato d'Asti Zabaglione

Apples and Asian Pears with Radicchio, Mint, and Buttermilk Dressing
Sautéed Skate with Parsnip Purée, Brussels Sprouts, Pancetta,
and Balsamic Brown Butter
Spiced Pork Stew with Polenta, Root Vegetables, and Gremolata
Butternut Squash Cake with Pecan Streusel and Maple Ice Cream

Each of those menus contains two items that I'd consider main dishes, so
I'll probably cut a main dish out of each menu, since I'm just cooking for
Lin and myself. I just haven't decided *which* main dishes to cut.

....but before I make any of those, I have three things that I've promised to
cook for Lin (though not all at the same meal): coq au vin, French onion
soup, and butternut squash agnolotti. Here are the three tentative menus,
though I note that Lin will probably veto the desserts:

Mushroom-Cheese Tart
Coq au Vin (with freshly-baked bread)
Beet-Orange-Fennel Salad
Profiteroles and Port

Melon with Prosciutto (we've already got the melon)
Butternut-Squash Agnolotti with Bacon, Pears, and Onions
Chicken Under a Brick with Sage and Lemon
Cheesecake Ice Cream with Raspberry-Pinot-Noir Syrup

French Onion Soup
Ostrich Steaks with Cumberland Sauce (we already have the steaks)
Steamed Broccoli
Mashed Rutabagas
Date-Butter Tart with Vanilla Ice Cream

Bob, all recipes available on request

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Oh pshaw, on Fri 19 Oct 2007 12:15:19a, Bob Terwilliger meant to say...

> _Sunday Suppers at Lucques_ contains 48 week's worth of seasonal menus
> (and recipes to make the items on the menus). Here are some of the fall
> menus which I'm considering:
>

> Warm Kabocha Squash Salad with Arugula, Bacon, Roncal, and Pecans
> Sea Bass with Shell Bean Risotto and Gremolata Butter
> Pork Porterhouse with Sautéed Quince, Apples, and Potatoes
> Cranberry-Walnut Clafoutis with Bourbon Whipped Cream
>

> Radicchio with Gorgonzola, Walnuts, and Saba
> Spiced Snapper with Carrot Purée and Gingered Beets
> Braised Chicken with Saffron Onions, Italian Couscous, and Dates
> Olive Oil Cake with Crème Fraîche and Candied Tangerines
>

> Warm Wild Mushroom Salad with Soft Herbs, Pecorino, and Hazelnuts
> Grilled Quail with Pancetta, Ricotta Pudding, and Sicilian Breadcrumbs
> Pan-Roasted Ribeye Steak "Marchand de Vins" with Watercress
> and "Grossi's" potatoes
> Caramel-Nut Tart with Milk Chocolate and Cognac Cream
>

> Roasted Beet Salad with Fried Chickpeas, Olives, and Ricotta Salata
> Mussels and Clams with Vermouth, Cannellini Beans, and Kale
> Grilled Duck Breasts with Crème Fraîche, Roasted Grapes,
> and Potato-Bacon Gratin
> Sbrisolona with Moscato d'Asti Zabaglione
>

> Apples and Asian Pears with Radicchio, Mint, and Buttermilk Dressing
> Sautéed Skate with Parsnip Purée, Brussels Sprouts, Pancetta,
> and Balsamic Brown Butter
> Spiced Pork Stew with Polenta, Root Vegetables, and Gremolata
> Butternut Squash Cake with Pecan Streusel and Maple Ice Cream
>

> Each of those menus contains two items that I'd consider main dishes, so
> I'll probably cut a main dish out of each menu, since I'm just cooking
> for Lin and myself. I just haven't decided *which* main dishes to cut.
>
> ...but before I make any of those, I have three things that I've
> promised to cook for Lin (though not all at the same meal): coq au vin,
> French onion soup, and butternut squash agnolotti. Here are the three
> tentative menus, though I note that Lin will probably veto the desserts:
>

> Mushroom-Cheese Tart
> Coq au Vin (with freshly-baked bread)
> Beet-Orange-Fennel Salad
> Profiteroles and Port
>

> Melon with Prosciutto (we've already got the melon)
> Butternut-Squash Agnolotti with Bacon, Pears, and Onions
> Chicken Under a Brick with Sage and Lemon
> Cheesecake Ice Cream with Raspberry-Pinot-Noir Syrup
>

> French Onion Soup
> Ostrich Steaks with Cumberland Sauce (we already have the steaks)
> Steamed Broccoli
> Mashed Rutabagas
> Date-Butter Tart with Vanilla Ice Cream
>

> Bob, all recipes available on request

Bob, this is a fabulous list of dishes! I would definitely like several of
them, but I'll not request them until I've studied the list more carefully.
Thanks flor the offer of making them available.

--
Wayne Boatwright

The meek are getting ready.

Pretty good hash Gary General Cooking 36 21-10-2015 02:56 AM
A pretty good lemonade A Moose in Love General Cooking 19 13-09-2011 06:26 AM
Is it worth time-wise and cost-wise to make power bar? amandaF General Cooking 0 30-10-2007 08:45 AM
Productive day (food-wise, anyway) Serene General Cooking 0 12-09-2007 03:16 AM
What did you forget? (Food wise) Nexis General Cooking 26 10-12-2005 04:05 PM