Old 12-06-2004, 02:30 PM
Lynne

Default Burns

Iburnt my finger in the frying pan and it hurts like mad. what will take
the pain away?

--
Lynne x

Old 12-06-2004, 02:42 PM
Joe

Lynne wrote:
Iburnt my finger in the frying pan and it hurts like mad. what will take
the pain away?

--
Lynne x

Huge amounts of alcohol. Mostly taken internally

Old 12-06-2004, 02:46 PM
Margaret Suran

Lynne wrote:
Iburnt my finger in the frying pan and it hurts like mad. what will take
the pain away?

Let cold water from the faucet run over it. Then, if you have any
kind of burn or pain cream or spray, apply it to the affected area.

I hope that your pain will go away quickly.

Old 12-06-2004, 02:48 PM
PENMART01

"Lynne Airhead" babbled:

I burnt my finger in the frying pan and it hurts like mad. what will take
the pain away?

Either of your nether orifices will do. Idiot!

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
*********
Sheldon
````````````
Old 12-06-2004, 03:04 PM
Katra

In article ,
"Lynne" wrote:

Iburnt my finger in the frying pan and it hurts like mad. what will take
the pain away?

Emu oil. Seriously...

If you don't have any, try a little Olive oil.

K.

--
Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...

Old 12-06-2004, 03:13 PM
Lynne

aol hmm

"Lynne Airhead" babbled:

Old 12-06-2004, 03:20 PM
BOB

Katra wrote:
In article ,
"Lynne" wrote:

Iburnt my finger in the frying pan and it hurts like mad. what will take
the pain away?

Emu oil. Seriously...

That *Blue* stuff on late night TV Infomercials?

Old 12-06-2004, 03:39 PM

In rec.food.cooking, Lynne wrote:
Iburnt my finger in the frying pan and it hurts like mad. what will take
the pain away?

Heroin.

--
....I'm an air-conditioned gypsy...

- The Who
Old 12-06-2004, 03:47 PM
Terrel

On Sat, 12 Jun 2004 14:30:42 +0100, "Lynne" wrote:
Iburnt my finger in the frying pan and it hurts like mad. what will take
the pain away?

I have an aloe vera plant just in case I get minor burns in the
kitchen. If I get a burn, I cut a tip off of the aloe vera, cut it
open, and scrape the gel onto the burn. I find that the gel soothes
the burn immediately, and the burn seems to heal faster, too.

Of course, this wouldn't be good for anyone that's allergic/sensitive
to aloe vera.

Terrel
--
Spamblocker in address. If you must reply by e-mail,
remove the last three letters of the alphabet and .invalid
Old 12-06-2004, 03:50 PM
Deacon

wrote:

Iburnt my finger in the frying pan and it hurts like mad. what will take
the pain away?

Cold water for at least 20 minutes after the burn occurs then 10
minutes on / off until the pain subsides, apply an antibiotic cream
(such as Neosporin or Polysporin), if the skin is broken apply a gauze
dressing lightly to keep it clean otherwise it does not need to be
dressed. Do not break any blisters that form, take an OTC painkiller
(ASA, ibubrofen, acetaminophen) for the pin.

Old 12-06-2004, 05:21 PM
Bob (this one)

Lynne wrote:

Iburnt my finger in the frying pan and it hurts like mad. what will ta=

ke
the pain away?

Cold. Ice water or ice wrapped in a towel. All that stuff about butter=20
and creams is nonsense. Old ways that have been superseded by better ones=
=2E

Working in professional kitchens means frequent burns. The trauma unit=20
of a local hospital had their X-mas banquet in my place one year. I=20
spilled hot oil (fondue pot - 365=B0F) on my hand in the room where they =

were. One of them immediately pushed my hand into a big pitcher of=20
iced tea and walked me back to the kitchen that way. Hand got numb=20
pretty quickly. Tea was all down the front of my pants and that cost=20
me a lot of razzing over the next week or so.

Back in the kitchen, a nurse put a fair amount of ice into a plastic=20
bag, put a little water in it and put my hand into it. Closed it=20
around my wrist and told me to keep it that way for 4 hours,=20
replenishing the ice as needed to keep it all very cold. Said to take=20
the hand out for about 5 minutes (or until the pain got to be too=20
much) every 15 minutes or so for circulation.

Did what she told me. No blisters, no sloughing off of skin. A little=20
redness that disappeared in about 24 hours.

The burn was fairly extensive and would have been serious had they not=20
acted as quickly as they did. After that, our standard kitchen=20
treatment was cold. Ice first then water as needed. Our incidence of=20
serious injury diminished drastically.

The value of that approach was made very clear a while later. The same=20
accident happened to two people a day apart. Server picking up a glass=20
coffee pot had the bottom fall out and splash them down the legs with=20
hot coffee. First one was hustled into the walk-in cooler, pants off=20
and ice water poured over her legs for about a half hour. Not even=20
redness except under the straps of her shoes (which we didn't notice=20
at the time). Next day, same accident to one of the guys who said he'd=20
just shake it off. No cold water for him; pants on. He missed 4 days=20
of work from the extreme discomfort of the scorched skin and blisters.

Pastorio

Old 12-06-2004, 05:28 PM
Curly Sue

On Sat, 12 Jun 2004 12:21:43 -0400, "Bob (this one)"
wrote:

Lynne wrote:

Iburnt my finger in the frying pan and it hurts like mad. what will ta=

ke
the pain away?

Cold. Ice water or ice wrapped in a towel. All that stuff about butter=20
and creams is nonsense. Old ways that have been superseded by better ones=

For minor household burns it helps to keep small packs of blue ice in
the freezer. (It's less messy than melting ice so you can sit on
the couch with it and not worry about dripping water).

Sue(tm)
Old 12-06-2004, 05:29 PM
Katra

In article , " BOB"
wrote:

Katra wrote:
In article ,
"Lynne" wrote:

Iburnt my finger in the frying pan and it hurts like mad. what will take
the pain away?

Emu oil. Seriously...

That *Blue* stuff on late night TV Infomercials?

Not really...
That is for arthritis but it'd do in a pinch.

I was starting the BBQ with a nice hot wood fire 3 weeks ago and I had
the grills on the front wood shelf with one side right next to the fire.

When my coals were ready, like an idiot, I grabbed one of the grills and
turned it to insert it into the BBQ and needless to say, burned the heck
out of one of my fingers on the hot side. :-(

Hurt really bad, so I went into the house and put some pure emu oil on
the burn (I keep it on hand) and within 5 minutes the pain was gone, and
it never even blistered. I forgot about it until last week when small
spot of dead skin peeled off my finger.

The same thing happened once when I burned my hand on a 400 degree oven
rack.

It takes the pain away and reduces the severity of a burn if applied
right away. Olive oil has a similar fatty acid breakdown, but it's not
nearly as effective as pure emu oil!

It also works on bee and wasp stings. Pain goes away in minutes.

I get mine off of ebay. My 5 emus are pets so I'm not gonna kill them
for the oil. grins

K.

--
Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...

Old 12-06-2004, 05:39 PM
Lynne

Thanks everyone for the advice, I took some pain killer and have my hand
sitting in a metal cup of freezing water which i change when it starts to
warm. Its still pretty sore but no redness or blisters seem to be
appearing. The skin is just white. I am forever burning my self in the
kitchen tbh, but although this is a tiny burn it is by far the most painful.

Think I'll be sticking to salads over the summer )

Old 12-06-2004, 07:32 PM
JimLane

Lynne wrote:

Thanks everyone for the advice, I took some pain killer and have my hand
sitting in a metal cup of freezing water which i change when it starts to
warm. Its still pretty sore but no redness or blisters seem to be
appearing. The skin is just white. I am forever burning my self in the
kitchen tbh, but although this is a tiny burn it is by far the most painful.

Think I'll be sticking to salads over the summer )

You may be a bit late to get the full benefits of icing. It works best
when done immediately, as has been pointed out. But, sooner or later,
you'll need to use this technique.

jim