Katra

Default Burns

In article >, " BOB" >
wrote:

> Katra wrote:
> > In article >,
> > "Lynne" > wrote:
> >
> >> Iburnt my finger in the frying pan and it hurts like mad. what will take
> >> the pain away?

> > Emu oil. Seriously...

> That *Blue* stuff on late night TV Infomercials?

Not really...
That is for arthritis but it'd do in a pinch.

I was starting the BBQ with a nice hot wood fire 3 weeks ago and I had
the grills on the front wood shelf with one side right next to the fire.

When my coals were ready, like an idiot, I grabbed one of the grills and
turned it to insert it into the BBQ and needless to say, burned the heck
out of one of my fingers on the hot side. :-(

Hurt really bad, so I went into the house and put some pure emu oil on
the burn (I keep it on hand) and within 5 minutes the pain was gone, and
it never even blistered. I forgot about it until last week when small
spot of dead skin peeled off my finger.

The same thing happened once when I burned my hand on a 400 degree oven
rack.

It takes the pain away and reduces the severity of a burn if applied
right away. Olive oil has a similar fatty acid breakdown, but it's not
nearly as effective as pure emu oil!

It also works on bee and wasp stings. Pain goes away in minutes.

I get mine off of ebay. My 5 emus are pets so I'm not gonna kill them
for the oil. <grins>

K.

--
Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...