hahabogus

Default Good brand name for ceramic bakeware?

Well the store had a scratch and dent sale...and my birthday is coming up.
So I bought the convection microwave ovencombo I had my eye on for at Half
price... Now I need a good brand name for some ceramic bakeware that I can
use for combination cooking...Things like a rack to hold meat up of the
bottom of a ceramic pan (and the pan too). And cake tins and muffin tins
and casserole pans, pie plates etc. Any better brands out there?

--
Once during Prohibition I was forced to live for days on nothing but food
and water.
PENMART01

> hahabogus writes:
>
>Well the store had a scratch and dent sale...and my birthday is coming up.
>So I bought the convection microwave ovencombo I had my eye on for at Half
>price... Now I need a good brand name for some ceramic bakeware that I can
>use for combination cooking...Things like a rack to hold meat up of the
>bottom of a ceramic pan (and the pan too).

There is no such thing as "good" ceramic bakeware... not for utlitarian
purposes... ceramic bakeware is purchased *strictly* for it's esthetics. The
best bakeware is heavyweight carbon steel... Chicago Metalic is a pretty good
brand.

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
*********
Sheldon
````````````
PENMART01

(PENMART01) wrote:

>> The
>> best bakeware is heavyweight carbon steel... Chicago Metalic is a
>> pretty good brand.
>>

>Carbon Steel Won't work in the microwave

Microwaves *cannot* bake..... boiled cake, no thank you.

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
*********
Sheldon
````````````
SS2

I've purchased LeCrueset (sp?)ceramic stuff and prefer it over some of the
other things out there. I also have a few items from DANSK that work very
nicely.
I do use my Le Crueset cast iron dutch ovens ALL the time, but they DO have
a line of ceramic. They have clearance sales at the outlets 2x's a year.
(I'm pretty sure it is ceramic as opposed to stoneware). Garage sales are
sometimes a good place to find cookware items - cheap.

Chantal is one other brand I"ve purchased in the past. I think I bought
mine at Kohl's, but I would guess any department store would carry it. (not
a Walmart or Kmart). I know that is microwave safe - it says so on the
bottom of the baking dish.

SS

"Richard's ~JA~" > wrote in message
> In part, lid (hahabogus) tells and inquires....
> >I bought the convection microwave oven
> >combo...Now I need a good brand name
> >for some ceramic bakeware that I can
> >use for combination cooking....

> If you do mean a combination of micro-only and convection-only, I
> haven't a suggestion other than the Corning Ware I always use, which
> I've never seen a ceramic rack for. Were I to *have* to both micro and
> roast something needing a rack using just one container, I might try
> balancing the meat onto four or more little upside down ceramic ramekins
> within the larger dish? But if you are wanting ceramics for the single
> convection oven use because the one oven is also a microwave, ceramic is
> not at all necessary, and any preferred metal pan or dish works fine.
>
> Picky ~JA~

PENMART01

http://www.chantalcookware.com/defau...ut_chantal.htm