General Cooking (rec.food.cooking) For general food and cooking discussion. Foods of all kinds, food procurement, cooking methods and techniques, eating, etc.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 14-05-2005, 04:44 PM
FREECYCLEMOM
 
Posts: n/a
Default REC: Apple-barbecue Spareribs

-= Exported from BigOven =-

Apple-barbecue Spareribs - Sl 7/90

Recipe By:
Serving Size: 3
Cuisine:
Main Ingredient:
Categories: Pork

-= Ingredients =-
3 1/2 Pound Spareribs
3/4 cup Soy sauce
1/4 cup Applesauce
4 cloves Garlic ; minced
1 tablespoon Sugar
1 teaspoon Salt

-= Instructions =-
Cut ribs into serving size pieces; place meaty side down in a large
shallow pan. Combine remaining ingredients, and pour over ribs. Cover
and marinate in refrigerator two hours. Cover and bake at 350 degrees
for one hour. Uncover, turn ribs over, and bake, uncovered, an
additional 30 minutes, basting frequently. Yield: 3 to 4 servings.

Betty Barnett Smith of Virginia. "Southern Living" July 1990.

Typos by Jeff Pruett and OS/2's VoiceType Dictation.

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 324 Calories; trace Fat (0.3%
calories from fat); 4g Protein; 79g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 0mg
Cholesterol; 4828mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 4 1/2
Other Carbohydrates.Nutr. Assoc. : 0 0 0 0 0 0


** This recipe can be pasted directly into BigOven for Windows. **
** Easy recipe software. Try it free at: http://www.bigoven.com **


  #2 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 15-05-2005, 03:11 AM
Duckie
 
Posts: n/a
Default

On Sun, 15 May 2005 01:58:35 -0000, Bubbabob
wrote:

Once, again, where does the barbecuing occur?


Give her a chance to answer your question before you begin bouncing.
Christ already.

  #3 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 15-05-2005, 02:11 PM
FREECYCLEMOM
 
Posts: n/a
Default

"Damsel" wrote in message
...
Bubbabob said:

Once, again, where does the barbecuing occur?


Hey, give 'er a break. This is RFC. It's not the BBQ group. To a
huge
amount of people, "barbecued" means anything with barbecue sauce on
it.

Carol


I don't write the recipes, I just post em'

--
Fergus-Freecycle

mompeagram at cogeco dot ca


  #4 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 15-05-2005, 08:40 PM
JimLane
 
Posts: n/a
Default

FREECYCLEMOM wrote:
"Damsel" wrote in message
...

Bubbabob said:


Once, again, where does the barbecuing occur?


Hey, give 'er a break. This is RFC. It's not the BBQ group. To a
huge
amount of people, "barbecued" means anything with barbecue sauce on
it.

Carol



I don't write the recipes, I just post em'


Do you work for the pork industry?

Why not just give us a link to the archive and save yourself all the
cutting and pasting? Then, for those of us who may not be all that
interested in pork, we can check other things out.


jim
  #5 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 15-05-2005, 10:34 PM
Damsel
 
Posts: n/a
Default

JimLane said:

Do you work for the pork industry?


No, she doesn't work for the pork industry. She's a long-time poster who
generously shares her recipes. She's got about eight hundred million of
them. She could switch to chicken, beef, shrimp, cakes, cookies, salads at
any time and still have an enormous amount of recipes to share with us.

Why not just give us a link to the archive and save yourself all the
cutting and pasting? Then, for those of us who may not be all that
interested in pork, we can check other things out.


Kill filters are your friend.

Carol


  #6 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 15-05-2005, 11:10 PM
Duckie
 
Posts: n/a
Default

On Sun, 15 May 2005 12:40:45 -0700, JimLane
wrote:

FREECYCLEMOM wrote:
"Damsel" wrote in message
...

Bubbabob said:


Once, again, where does the barbecuing occur?

Hey, give 'er a break. This is RFC. It's not the BBQ group. To a
huge
amount of people, "barbecued" means anything with barbecue sauce on
it.

Carol



I don't write the recipes, I just post em'


Do you work for the pork industry?

Why not just give us a link to the archive and save yourself all the
cutting and pasting? Then, for those of us who may not be all that
interested in pork, we can check other things out.


jim


Still on the ****ing pork industry thing?---get over yourself--you
aint all that.


  #7 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 16-05-2005, 04:20 PM
Dimitri
 
Posts: n/a
Default



"FREECYCLEMOM" wrote in message

snip

I don't write the recipes, I just post em'

--
Fergus-Freecycle



I think truer words were never spoken - do you at least try the recipes?

Or are you just posting to practice cutting and pasting?

Dimitri




  #8 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 16-05-2005, 08:12 PM
kilikini
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Bubbabob wrote:
Damsel wrote:

Bubbabob said:

Once, again, where does the barbecuing occur?


Hey, give 'er a break. This is RFC. It's not the BBQ group. To a
huge amount of people, "barbecued" means anything with barbecue
sauce on it.

Carol


That doesn't make it right. It's like confusing boiling with frying.


Well aren't they the same thing? g

kili


  #9 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 17-05-2005, 01:19 PM
Melba's Jammin'
 
Posts: n/a
Default

In article , "Dimitri"
wrote:

"FREECYCLEMOM" wrote in message

snip

I don't write the recipes, I just post em'

--
Fergus-Freecycle



I think truer words were never spoken - do you at least try the recipes?

Or are you just posting to practice cutting and pasting?

Dimitri


But look at it this way, D. At least Helen's posts are about FOOD!!!
--
-Barb, http://www.jamlady.eboard.com 5/8/05.
"Are we going to measure, or are we going to cook?" -Food Critic Mimi Sheraton


Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
poor man's barbecue spareribs The Public Library Barbecue 0 23-04-2012 04:01 PM
Apple Cider Syrup & Barbecue Sauce Recipe Water Cleanup General Cooking 0 19-03-2011 11:14 AM
killer apple smoked barbecue guiller General Cooking 7 02-03-2011 09:52 PM
Apple Orchard Barbecue Sauce Lucky Recipes (moderated) 0 21-07-2007 05:33 PM
Rec: Apple City Barbecue - 1994 Memphis In May Bbq MOMPEAGRAM General Cooking 0 14-05-2005 04:28 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:54 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2022 FoodBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about Food and drink"

 

Copyright © 2017