Nexis

Default Stick Blenders: Useful tool? Or space waster?

I am considering buying one of these, and am just wondering, for those that
own them, how often do you use them? Do you find them to be very useful? Or
are they something you use once or twice and store the rest of the year?

Thanks!
kimberly

jmcquown

Nexis wrote:
> I am considering buying one of these, and am just wondering, for
> those that own them, how often do you use them? Do you find them to
> be very useful? Or are they something you use once or twice and store
> the rest of the year?
>
> Thanks!
> kimberly

I suppose it depends on what you prepare much of the time. I make a lot of
smooth soups. Where before I had to blend the ingredients in batches in a
blender or food processor, I now just put the wand right in the pot with the
liquid and voila! I wish I'd gotten one years ago.

Jill

Dave Smith

jmcquown wrote:

> Nexis wrote:
> > I am considering buying one of these, and am just wondering, for
> > those that own them, how often do you use them? Do you find them to
> > be very useful? Or are they something you use once or twice and store
> > the rest of the year?
> >
> > Thanks!
> > kimberly

> I suppose it depends on what you prepare much of the time. I make a lot of
> smooth soups. Where before I had to blend the ingredients in batches in a
> blender or food processor, I now just put the wand right in the pot with the
> liquid and voila! I wish I'd gotten one years ago.

I can't say that I use mine a lot, but when I do there is no tool like it. It
does a great job of whizzing out lumps. It is also handy for whipping up drink
like mango lassis. I just put some yogurt, milk and honey and mango in a jar,
mash it down with the stick blender and give it a whiz.

Melba's Jammin'

In article <a3TKd.2$Tt.0@fed1read05>, "Nexis" > wrote:

> I am considering buying one of these, and am just wondering, for
> those that own them, how often do you use them? Do you find them to
> be very useful? Or are they something you use once or twice and store
> the rest of the year?

> Thanks!
> kimberly

I use mine often enough that I don't mind having to store it in the
cabinet under the counter where I can get it in less than 30 seconds if
necessary. It was pretty darned useful making mayonnaise this
afternoon. :-)
--
-Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> Homemade mayonnaise pics added 1-29-05.
Katra

In article <a3TKd.2$Tt.0@fed1read05>, "Nexis" > wrote:

> I am considering buying one of these, and am just wondering, for those that
> own them, how often do you use them? Do you find them to be very useful? Or
> are they something you use once or twice and store the rest of the year?
>
> Thanks!
> kimberly

I use mine a LOT more often than a regular blender!!!
Much less mess and much easier and faster cleanup!
I just put the blades of the stick blender into a bowl of hot soapy
water, turn it on for a few seconds then rinse it off.

No pitcher to take apart and clean. :-)

In fact, I rarely ever use the big blender any more now that I'm used to
using the Braun.....
--
K.

Sprout the MungBean to reply

"I don't like to commit myself about heaven and hell‹you
see, I have friends in both places." --Mark Twain

Jack B

In article <a3TKd.2$Tt.0@fed1read05>, "Nexis" > wrote:

> I am considering buying one of these, and am just wondering, for those that
> own them, how often do you use them? Do you find them to be very useful? Or
> are they something you use once or twice and store the rest of the year?
>
> Thanks!
> kimberly

I'm really happy with mine.

For much of what I do: chunky as well as smooth (especially when hot)
sauces, soups, drinks... it sure beats a blender or food processor for
ease of use, number of vessels used, and cleanup.

--
Jack
Damsel

On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 15:58:58 -0600, Katra >
wrote:

>I use mine a LOT more often than a regular blender!!!
>Much less mess and much easier and faster cleanup!
>I just put the blades of the stick blender into a bowl of hot soapy
>water, turn it on for a few seconds then rinse it off.
>
>No pitcher to take apart and clean. :-)
>
>In fact, I rarely ever use the big blender any more now that I'm used to
>using the Braun.....

I think I *might* know where my regular blender is, but that stick blender
is right there in the third drawer down. Total time it's out of the drawer
for each use is less than 2 minutes.

Carol

Andrew H. Carter

On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 13:16:54 -0800, "Nexis" >
scribbled some thoughts:

>I am considering buying one of these, and am just wondering, for those that
>own them, how often do you use them? Do you find them to be very useful? Or
>are they something you use once or twice and store the rest of the year?
>
>Thanks!
>kimberly

Are you talking machine or a hand whisk? From what I've
seen you don'r just stick it in, you've got to move it
around, so why not use a hand whisk.

--

Sincerely, | NOTE: Best viewed in a fixed pitch font
| (©) (©)
Andrew H. Carter | ------ooo--(_)--ooo------
d(-_-)b | /// \\\
Damsel

On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 17:26:41 -0500, Andrew H. Carter
> wrote:

>Are you talking machine or a hand whisk? From what I've
>seen you don'r just stick it in, you've got to move it
>around, so why not use a hand whisk.

The stick blenders have sharp little blades, and can handle more heavy-duty
foods than a hand whisk can. They're also much easier to use if you have
tendonitis or arthritis.

Carol

Katra

In article >,
Andrew H. Carter > wrote:

> On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 13:16:54 -0800, "Nexis" >
> scribbled some thoughts:
>

> >I am considering buying one of these, and am just wondering, for those that
> >own them, how often do you use them? Do you find them to be very useful? Or
> >are they something you use once or twice and store the rest of the year?
> >
> >Thanks!
> >kimberly
> >

> Are you talking machine or a hand whisk? From what I've
> seen you don'r just stick it in, you've got to move it
> around, so why not use a hand whisk.

No comparison.
No comparison at all!

I might use a whisk for scrambling eggs for omelets and such,
but there is NO WAY you can puree soft veggies or mix a drink IN the
glass with a whisk! :-)

Two totally different tools for two totally different uses!

I even use the stick blender for whipping cream.
Yeah, I could use a whisk for that too, but it'd take 10 times as long
and I'd end up with a tired arm!

Kat
--
K.

Sprout the MungBean to reply

"I don't like to commit myself about heaven and hell‹you
see, I have friends in both places." --Mark Twain

kalanamak

I love mine. My first Braun stick made lots of hummus, after burning out
two blenders on that dish. REally fast for babaganoush. I had it for 8
years and the casing finally split when it was dropped. New Braun stick
with the mini chopper also gets used alot. I do garlic and herbs in the
mini chopper, or a few onion slices.
Smoothies, mixing peanut butter with oil and vinegar for a Thai peanut
salad dressing, mixing maple syrup in with butter to make maple butter
(less messy for the 2 year old!).
I have mine up on the wall under the cabinets towards a corner and it
has never been in the way.
blacksalt
limey

"Nexis" > wrote in message news:a3TKd.2$Tt.0@fed1read05...
>I am considering buying one of these, and am just wondering, for those that
> own them, how often do you use them? Do you find them to be very useful?
> Or
> are they something you use once or twice and store the rest of the year?
>
> Thanks!
> kimberly

I love mine - it's great for gravies, soups, and for smoothing out/blending
anything. It's very quick and the clean-up is simple. Before, I would
cook, say, veggies, put batches of them in the blender, turn them back into
the pan and fiddle around at the stove. Now, I just put it in the pot and
with a few whizzes everything's blended. I haven't had that blender out
since I can't remember when. It's a great little tool.

Dora

Mickey Zalusky

Nexis wrote:
> I am considering buying one of these, and am just wondering, for those that
> own them, how often do you use them? Do you find them to be very useful? Or
> are they something you use once or twice and store the rest of the year?
>
> Thanks!
> kimberly

I use mine to emulsify homemade vinaigrette. Much better than just
using a hand whisk.
aem

I got a Braun stick blender, which comes with accessories that enable
it also to be used as a small food processor and as a liquids mixer.
$20 at Costco, and I've also seen it at Fry's for $30. I use it much
more often than I thought I would. The blender wand does a great job
on pureeing pea soup, and the food processor lets me make small
quantities of fresh salsa really fast. Cleanup is just a quick
immediate rinse.

Top Spin

On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 18:44:02 -0500, "limey" >
wrote:

>"Nexis" > wrote in message news:a3TKd.2$Tt.0@fed1read05...
>>I am considering buying one of these, and am just wondering, for those that
>> own them, how often do you use them? Do you find them to be very useful?
>> Or
>> are they something you use once or twice and store the rest of the year?
>>
>> Thanks!
>> kimberly

>I love mine - it's great for gravies

Gravy, what a great idea. I never thought of using it for that.
Thanks.

--
Hitachi HB-A101 bread machine, 1 pound
Email: Usenet-20031220 at spamex.com
(01/10/05)

Dee Randall

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> Nexis wrote:
>> I am considering buying one of these, and am just wondering, for
>> those that own them, how often do you use them? Do you find them to
>> be very useful? Or are they something you use once or twice and store
>> the rest of the year?
>>
>> Thanks!
>> kimberly

> I suppose it depends on what you prepare much of the time. I make a lot
> of
> smooth soups. Where before I had to blend the ingredients in batches in a
> blender or food processor, I now just put the wand right in the pot with
> the
> liquid and voila! I wish I'd gotten one years ago.
>
> Jill

I've often wondered about doing this. Is every wand attachment up off the
floor of the pan so as to not damage the coating?
Thanks,
Dee

Melba's Jammin'

In article >, "Dee Randall"
<deedoveyatshenteldotnet> wrote:

> "jmcquown" > wrote in message

I now just put the wand
> > right in the pot with the liquid and voila! I wish I'd gotten one
> > years ago.

> I've often wondered about doing this. Is every wand attachment up
> off the floor of the pan so as to not damage the coating?

> Thanks,
> Dee

Yes, AFAIK.
--
-Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> Homemade mayonnaise pics added 1-29-05.
Andrew H. Carter

On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 16:46:51 -0600, Katra
> scribbled some thoughts:

>In article >,
> Andrew H. Carter > wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 13:16:54 -0800, "Nexis" >
>> scribbled some thoughts:
>>

>> >I am considering buying one of these, and am just wondering, for those that
>> >own them, how often do you use them? Do you find them to be very useful? Or
>> >are they something you use once or twice and store the rest of the year?
>> >
>> >Thanks!
>> >kimberly
>> >

>> Are you talking machine or a hand whisk? From what I've
>> seen you don'r just stick it in, you've got to move it
>> around, so why not use a hand whisk.

>No comparison.
>No comparison at all!
>
>I might use a whisk for scrambling eggs for omelets and such,
>but there is NO WAY you can puree soft veggies or mix a drink IN the
>glass with a whisk! :-)
>
>Two totally different tools for two totally different uses!
>
>I even use the stick blender for whipping cream.
>Yeah, I could use a whisk for that too, but it'd take 10 times as long
>and I'd end up with a tired arm!
>
>Kat

That's why you need a Rube Goldberg device:

Put some mice through their paces on their wheel. Transfer
the energy from their running to to a flexible shaft which
you can hook up to a hand mixer. If you are not mixing
anything, then you disconnect the shaft from the mixer and
attach it to a generator.

Which brings me to: Why has America gotten away from it's
agrarian roots: grist mills grinding grain for the farmers
using water power. Each town city having a butcher, baker,
candlestick maker etc...?

--

Sincerely, | NOTE: Best viewed in a fixed pitch font
| (©) (©)
Andrew H. Carter | ------ooo--(_)--ooo------
d(-_-)b | /// \\\
kalanamak

sf wrote:

> Puleeeeease post your recipe!

I promise I will, but right now I'm working on it. I had a so-so one,
and then I had peanut salad dressing at a restaurant that was OUTOFTHIS
world. It was sweeter than usual, which makes it good on the more bitter
greens, and I haven't quite got it how I want it. I will remember to
post my best effort.
blacksalt
Hahabogus

"Nexis" > wrote in news:a3TKd.2$Tt.0@fed1read05:

> I am considering buying one of these, and am just wondering, for
> those that own them, how often do you use them? Do you find them to
> be very useful? Or are they something you use once or twice and
> store the rest of the year?
>
> Thanks!
> kimberly

no lumps in the gravy ever again...Smooth as silk soups, pulverized
garlic, homemade mayo...like that (snap!) and it rinses and goes away in
a jiffy.

Type 2 Diabetic 1AC 5.6mmol or 101mg/dl

sf

On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 14:50:02 -0800, kalanamak
> wrote:

> mixing peanut butter with oil and vinegar for a Thai peanut
> salad dressing,

Puleeeeease post your recipe!

sf
Dee Randall

"Hahabogus" > wrote in message
> "Nexis" > wrote in news:a3TKd.2$Tt.0@fed1read05:
>
>> I am considering buying one of these, and am just wondering, for
>> those that own them, how often do you use them? Do you find them to
>> be very useful? Or are they something you use once or twice and
>> store the rest of the year?
>>
>> Thanks!
>> kimberly
>>

> no lumps in the gravy ever again...Smooth as silk soups, pulverized
> garlic, homemade mayo...like that (snap!) and it rinses and goes away in
> a jiffy.

I was watching Emeril a few hours ago and he was making a bechamel sauce.
He made lumps just like I do. But he said that that was no problem, he took
out his handy metal whisk and (supposedly) it all got incorporated. (I
always strain mine out.)
Dee

JeanineAlyse in 29 Palms

"Nexis" > wrote:
>I am considering buying one of these,
>and am just wondering, for those that
>own them, how often do you use them?
>Do you find them to be very useful? Or
>are they something you use once or
>twice and store the rest of the year?

I never thought much about using one until I was given one by my
daughter cooking for seven that vows to never be without. I don't need
it often, but have not needed my blender for anything at all since first
use of it. I do imagine it depends on how often one may need power
blending, but for economics and countertop or cupboard storage alone
it's well worth having.

Brings to mind a question I've had for some time regarding any small,
electric-corded kitchen appliance. Is there a way to soften the cords
on such, so that the cord may not be such an annoyance with knocking
other countertop things around when in use? Not easy to explain, but
imagine the coiled wall phone's soft cording, vice an oddly bent and
seemingly starched one. Answer/s?

Picky ~JA~

jmcquown

Dee Randall wrote:
> "jmcquown" > wrote in message
>> Nexis wrote:
>>> I am considering buying one of these, and am just wondering, for
>>> those that own them, how often do you use them? Do you find them to
>>> be very useful? Or are they something you use once or twice and
>>> store the rest of the year?
>>>
>>> Thanks!
>>> kimberly

>> I suppose it depends on what you prepare much of the time. I make a
>> lot of
>> smooth soups. Where before I had to blend the ingredients in
>> batches in a blender or food processor, I now just put the wand
>> right in the pot with the
>> liquid and voila! I wish I'd gotten one years ago.
>>
>> Jill

> I've often wondered about doing this. Is every wand attachment up
> off the floor of the pan so as to not damage the coating?
> Thanks,
> Dee

It is if you hold it up off the bottom of the pan. It's all in the wrist

Jill

jmcquown

JeanineAlyse in 29 Palms wrote:
> "Nexis" > wrote:
>> I am considering buying one of these,
>> and am just wondering, for those that
>> own them, how often do you use them?

(snippage)
> Brings to mind a question I've had for some time regarding any small,
> electric-corded kitchen appliance. Is there a way to soften the cords
> on such, so that the cord may not be such an annoyance with knocking
> other countertop things around when in use? Not easy to explain, but
> imagine the coiled wall phone's soft cording, vice an oddly bent and
> seemingly starched one. Answer/s?
>
> Picky ~JA~

If the cord is too long, twist tie it so it doesn't bang on the counters but
allows you the movement you need from the plug to the pot.

Jill

jmcquown

Dee Randall wrote:
> "Hahabogus" > wrote in message
>> "Nexis" > wrote in news:a3TKd.2$Tt.0@fed1read05:
>>
>>> I am considering buying one of these, and am just wondering, for
>>> those that own them, how often do you use them? Do you find them to
>>> be very useful? Or are they something you use once or twice and
>>> store the rest of the year?
>>>
>>> Thanks!
>>> kimberly
>>>

>> no lumps in the gravy ever again...Smooth as silk soups, pulverized
>> garlic, homemade mayo...like that (snap!) and it rinses and goes
>> away in a jiffy.
>>

> I was watching Emeril a few hours ago and he was making a bechamel
> sauce. He made lumps just like I do. But he said that that was no
> problem, he took out his handy metal whisk and (supposedly) it all
> got incorporated. (I always strain mine out.)
> Dee

If you feel like standing there whipping the crap out of something, wire
whisks (or even the plastic ones) are great. But if you can give a whir or
two with a stick blender... I'm sold! Caveat: I only use my stick blender
in deep pots. Try it with 2 eggs for scrambled and you'll have egg
everywhere unless you put the 2 eggs in a really deep bowl.

Jill

jmcquown

Andrew H. Carter wrote:
> On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 16:46:51 -0600, Katra
> > scribbled some thoughts:
>

>> In article >,
>> Andrew H. Carter > wrote:
>>
>>> On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 13:16:54 -0800, "Nexis" >
>>> scribbled some thoughts:

>>> Are you talking machine or a hand whisk? From what I've
>>> seen you don'r just stick it in, you've got to move it
>>> around, so why not use a hand whisk.

>> No comparison.
>> No comparison at all!
>>
>> I might use a whisk for scrambling eggs for omelets and such,
>> but there is NO WAY you can puree soft veggies or mix a drink IN the
>> glass with a whisk! :-)
>>
>> Two totally different tools for two totally different uses!
>>
>> I even use the stick blender for whipping cream.
>> Yeah, I could use a whisk for that too, but it'd take 10 times as
>> long
>> and I'd end up with a tired arm!
>>
>> Kat

> Which brings me to: Why has America gotten away from it's
> agrarian roots: grist mills grinding grain for the farmers
> using water power. Each town city having a butcher, baker,
> candlestick maker etc...?

www.lehmans.com

Have a blast

Jill

Hahabogus

"Dee Randall" <deedoveyatshenteldotnet> wrote in
:

> "Hahabogus" > wrote in message
> > "Nexis" > wrote in news:a3TKd.2$Tt.0@fed1read05:
> >
> >> I am considering buying one of these, and am just wondering, for
> >> those that own them, how often do you use them? Do you find them
> >> to be very useful? Or are they something you use once or twice
> >> and store the rest of the year?
> >>
> >> Thanks!
> >> kimberly
> >>

> > no lumps in the gravy ever again...Smooth as silk soups,
> > pulverized garlic, homemade mayo...like that (snap!) and it rinses
> > and goes away in a jiffy.
> >

> I was watching Emeril a few hours ago and he was making a bechamel
> sauce. He made lumps just like I do. But he said that that was no
> problem, he took out his handy metal whisk and (supposedly) it all
> got incorporated. (I always strain mine out.)
> Dee

Stuff always gets stuck in the center of the whisk on me, but not with a
stick blender. Imagine the strengths of a blender/food processor without
as much space used or cleaning to do. Certainly it won't handle really
big projects but a handier thing would be hard to find for light general
purpose purreeing, mixing and chopping. And then you rinse it and it goes
away in the drawer (or where ever), clean and ready for the next time.
That fast and that easy. I use mine several times a week at least. And I
have room on the counter for a blender and a processor, but sadly I'm
clean-up lazy and the "stick" works more than the other kitchen power
tools.

Type 2 Diabetic 1AC 5.6mmol or 101mg/dl
Michael Horowitz

"Dee Randall" <deedoveyatshenteldotnet> wrote:

>I've often wondered about doing this. Is every wand attachment up off the
>floor of the pan so as to not damage the coating?
>Thanks,
>Dee

The wisk attachment certainly isnt!- Mike

limey

"limey" wrote in message >
> "Nexis" wrote in message
>>I am considering buying one of these, and am just wondering, for those
>>that
>> own them, how often do you use them?

> I love mine - it's great for gravies, soups, and for smoothing
> out/blending anything. It's very quick and the clean-up is simple.
> Before, I would cook, say, veggies, put batches of them in the blender,
> turn them back into the pan and fiddle around at the stove. Now, I just
> put it in the pot and with a few whizzes everything's blended. I haven't
> had that blender out since I can't remember when. It's a great little
> tool.
>
> Dora

Good grief - I forgot to mention that little food processor! It's great
for quantities too small to justify the use of the Cuisinart - chops in a
second or two and is a breeze to clean up.
Yes, I know - I could chop by hand but I prefer to use this. I haven't used
the whisk.

Dora

Dee Randall

"Hahabogus" > wrote in message
> "Dee Randall" <deedoveyatshenteldotnet> wrote in
> :

>> > no lumps in the gravy ever again...Smooth as silk soups,
>> > pulverized garlic, homemade mayo...like that (snap!) and it rinses
>> > and goes away in a jiffy.
>> >

>> I was watching Emeril a few hours ago and he was making a bechamel
>> sauce. He made lumps just like I do. But he said that that was no
>> problem, he took out his handy metal whisk and (supposedly) it all
>> got incorporated. (I always strain mine out.)
>> Dee
>>

> Stuff always gets stuck in the center of the whisk on me, but not with a
> stick blender. Imagine the strengths of a blender/food processor without
> as much space used or cleaning to do. Certainly it won't handle really
> big projects but a handier thing would be hard to find for light general
> purpose purreeing, mixing and chopping. And then you rinse it and it goes
> away in the drawer (or where ever), clean and ready for the next time.
> That fast and that easy. I use mine several times a week at least. And I
> have room on the counter for a blender and a processor, but sadly I'm
> clean-up lazy and the "stick" works more than the other kitchen power
> tools.

Last night I took a look again at my stored away Moulinex and analyzed why I
did not continue using it. First of all, it is HEAVY; second of all, when
you push the on button, it will NOT stay on, so you have to continue pushing
on the button in while holding this monstrous motor. Instead of putting it
back into storage, I am this time trashing it. Are they all so darned
heavy? Do you have to hold the operation button in while you are operating
it?
Thanks so much.
Dee

The Cook

"Dee Randall" <deedoveyatshenteldotnet> wrote:

>Last night I took a look again at my stored away Moulinex and analyzed why I
>did not continue using it. First of all, it is HEAVY; second of all, when
>you push the on button, it will NOT stay on, so you have to continue pushing
>on the button in while holding this monstrous motor. Instead of putting it
>back into storage, I am this time trashing it. Are they all so darned
>heavy? Do you have to hold the operation button in while you are operating
>it?
>Thanks so much.
>Dee

I do not know about the weight, but you do have to hold the button
down. I like that feature since I am much more aware that it is on
and not so apt to pull it out of the mixture while it is still
running. You can check the Braun out at Costco and see if it is too
heavy.

--
Susan N.

"Moral indignation is in most cases two percent moral, 48 percent indignation, and 50 percent envy."
Hahabogus

"Dee Randall" <deedoveyatshenteldotnet> wrote in
:

> "Hahabogus" > wrote in message
> > "Dee Randall" <deedoveyatshenteldotnet> wrote in
> > :

> >> I was watching Emeril a few hours ago and he was making a
> >> bechamel sauce. He made lumps just like I do. But he said that
> >> that was no problem, he took out his handy metal whisk and
> >> (supposedly) it all got incorporated. (I always strain mine
> >> out.) Dee
> >>

> > Stuff always gets stuck in the center of the whisk on me, but not
> > with a stick blender. Imagine the strengths of a blender/food
> > processor without as much space used or cleaning to do. Certainly
> > it won't handle really big projects but a handier thing would be
> > hard to find for light general purpose purreeing, mixing and
> > chopping. And then you rinse it and it goes away in the drawer (or
> > where ever), clean and ready for the next time. That fast and that
> > easy. I use mine several times a week at least. And I have room on
> > the counter for a blender and a processor, but sadly I'm clean-up
> > lazy and the "stick" works more than the other kitchen power
> > tools.
> >

> Last night I took a look again at my stored away Moulinex and
> analyzed why I did not continue using it. First of all, it is
> HEAVY; second of all, when you push the on button, it will NOT stay
> on, so you have to continue pushing on the button in while holding
> this monstrous motor. Instead of putting it back into storage, I am
> this time trashing it. Are they all so darned heavy? Do you have
> to hold the operation button in while you are operating it?
> Thanks so much.
> Dee

My braun isn't that heavy but I do need to keep the button down. I find
the inconvience of holding down a button not as labour intensive as hand
whisking whipped cream. Also suffering from more than occassional brain
farts, if I had one that you didn't hold on, I would spray the walls when
I forgot to turn it off when I removed it from the bowl/pot/glass.

Type 2 Diabetic 1AC 5.6mmol or 101mg/dl
Andrew H. Carter

On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 23:24:46 -0600, "jmcquown"
> scribbled some thoughts:

>> Which brings me to: Why has America gotten away from it's
>> agrarian roots: grist mills grinding grain for the farmers
>> using water power. Each town city having a butcher, baker,
>> candlestick maker etc...?

>www.lehmans.com
>
>Have a blast

Yeah, I've got one of their printed catalogues. They are
geared towards the Amish and others wanting a more
simple/less technology time. Perhaps even a more "Green"
experience.

Still it remains, ask a kid perhaps even an adult where milk
comes from and you'll probably hear: The Store.

--

Sincerely, | NOTE: Best viewed in a fixed pitch font
| (©) (©)
Andrew H. Carter | ------ooo--(_)--ooo------
d(-_-)b | /// \\\
skoonj

>> Stuff always gets stuck in the center of the whisk on me, but not with a
>> stick blender. Imagine the strengths of a blender/food processor without
>> as much space used or cleaning to do. Certainly it won't handle really
>> big projects but a handier thing would be hard to find for light general
>> purpose purreeing, mixing and chopping. And then you rinse it and it goes
>> away in the drawer (or where ever), clean and ready for the next time.
>> That fast and that easy. I use mine several times a week at least. And I
>> have room on the counter for a blender and a processor, but sadly I'm
>> clean-up lazy and the "stick" works more than the other kitchen power
>> tools.
>>

> Last night I took a look again at my stored away Moulinex and analyzed why
> I did not continue using it. First of all, it is HEAVY; second of all,
> when you push the on button, it will NOT stay on, so you have to continue
> pushing on the button in while holding this monstrous motor. Instead of
> putting it back into storage, I am this time trashing it. Are they all so
> darned heavy? Do you have to hold the operation button in while you are
> operating it?
> Thanks so much.
> Dee

My Williams-Sonoma (Bamix) requires that the button be held down. But the
buttons (there are two speed choices) are in a convenitent spot, and the
stick weighs only two pounds.

I'm guessing they require you to hold the button down for safety reasons.

-T

limey

"Dee Randall" wrote in message >

> I've often wondered about doing this. Is every wand attachment up off the
> floor of the pan so as to not damage the coating?
> Thanks,
> Dee

I can only speak for the Braun. It is only the plastic housing which comes
in contact with the pan - the metal whizzer is raised a little inside, with
no direct contact with the bottom of the pan. HTH.

Dora

jmcquown

Andrew H. Carter wrote:
> On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 23:24:46 -0600, "jmcquown"
> > scribbled some thoughts:
>

>>> Which brings me to: Why has America gotten away from it's
>>> agrarian roots: grist mills grinding grain for the farmers
>>> using water power. Each town city having a butcher, baker,
>>> candlestick maker etc...?

>> www.lehmans.com
>>
>> Have a blast

> Yeah, I've got one of their printed catalogues. They are
> geared towards the Amish and others wanting a more
> simple/less technology time. Perhaps even a more "Green"
> experience.
>

> Still it remains, ask a kid perhaps even an adult where milk
> comes from and you'll probably hear: The Store.

Yeah, but we aren't kids here. We've heard of and probably even *seen*
cows. And chickens. And cornfields. And vegetable gardens. It's up to
the parents to teach kids not everything comes from "the store" or at least
how things get to the store in the first place

Jill <--who owns oil lamps for when the electricity goes out, can cook on
charcoal or in her wood fireplace, knows how to make soap and how to dip
candles

Damsel

On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 11:29:01 -0500, "Dee Randall" <deedoveyatshenteldotnet>
wrote:

>Last night I took a look again at my stored away Moulinex and analyzed why I
>did not continue using it. First of all, it is HEAVY; second of all, when
>you push the on button, it will NOT stay on, so you have to continue pushing
>on the button in while holding this monstrous motor. Instead of putting it
>back into storage, I am this time trashing it. Are they all so darned
>heavy? Do you have to hold the operation button in while you are operating
>it?

Mine's lightweight, and I do have to hold the button. It's a safety
feature. Rather than tossing it, please consider donating it to a thrift
shop.

Carol

Dee Randall

"Damsel" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 11:29:01 -0500, "Dee Randall"
> <deedoveyatshenteldotnet>
> wrote:
>
>>Last night I took a look again at my stored away Moulinex and analyzed why
>>did not continue using it. First of all, it is HEAVY; second of all, when
>>you push the on button, it will NOT stay on, so you have to continue
>>pushing
>>on the button in while holding this monstrous motor. Instead of putting
>>it
>>back into storage, I am this time trashing it. Are they all so darned
>>heavy? Do you have to hold the operation button in while you are
>>operating
>>it?

> Mine's lightweight, and I do have to hold the button. It's a safety
> feature. Rather than tossing it, please consider donating it to a thrift
> shop.
>
> Carol

Yes, that was hyperbole for whatever I will choose to do with it, rather
than use it myself.
Thanks,
Dee