Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Speaking of stick blenders....

I use mine to blend and re-blend salad dressing. You just need to make the
dressing in a jar with a big enough mouth. So if you have been shaking
your leftover vinaigrette, shake no more! Whizzing with the stick does a
better job -- it stays blended longer.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"George M. Middius" > wrote in message

> I use mine to blend and re-blend salad dressing. You just need to make the
> dressing in a jar with a big enough mouth. So if you have been shaking
> your leftover vinaigrette, shake no more! Whizzing with the stick does a
> better job -- it stays blended longer.

but a broken dressing coats the salad better.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 17 Jan 2013 11:20:10 -0800, "Pico Rico"
> wrote:

> "George M. Middius" > wrote in message
> >

> > I use mine to blend and re-blend salad dressing. You just need to make the
> > dressing in a jar with a big enough mouth. So if you have been shaking
> > your leftover vinaigrette, shake no more! Whizzing with the stick does a
> > better job -- it stays blended longer.
> >

> but a broken dressing coats the salad better.

Who told you that?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf wrote:

> > > I use mine to blend and re-blend salad dressing. You just need to make the
> > > dressing in a jar with a big enough mouth. So if you have been shaking
> > > your leftover vinaigrette, shake no more! Whizzing with the stick does a
> > > better job -- it stays blended longer.

> > but a broken dressing coats the salad better.

> Who told you that?

Is this multiple guess?

(A) Ronald Reagan's ghost

(B) Wayne Lapierre

(C) August Escoffier's great-great-great-great granddaughter

(D) One of sqwishy's erstwhile antagonists, long since departed from RFC

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"George M. Middius" > wrote in message

> I use mine to blend and re-blend salad dressing. You just need to make the
> dressing in a jar with a big enough mouth. So if you have been shaking
> your leftover vinaigrette, shake no more! Whizzing with the stick does a
> better job -- it stays blended longer.

Yes it does a better job but it also introduced a very large amount to air.
Air is the enemy of oil as it promotes oxidation which for oil is not a good
thing.

If you're using the dressing right away no problem but for long storage IMHO
its not the best idea.,

Dimitri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 18 Jan 2013 10:17:15 -0800, "Dimitri" >
wrote:

> "George M. Middius" > wrote in message
> >

> > I use mine to blend and re-blend salad dressing. You just need to make the
> > dressing in a jar with a big enough mouth. So if you have been shaking
> > your leftover vinaigrette, shake no more! Whizzing with the stick does a
> > better job -- it stays blended longer.
> >

> Yes it does a better job but it also introduced a very large amount to air.
> Air is the enemy of oil as it promotes oxidation which for oil is not a good
> thing.
>
> If you're using the dressing right away no problem but for long storage IMHO
> its not the best idea.,

I've emulsified my vinaigrette for years and it suffers no
degradation. I don't make enough to feed an army, just enough for a
week or two. Of course, I keep my salad dressing in the refrigerator.