Howard Kaikow

Default Blenders

As I am having a bunch of teeth extracted, I may need to use a blender to
have a balanced diet after the extractions.

I've not thought about the issues fully, but I am concerned with at least
the following:

1. Best way to blend protein.
2. Best way to blend fiber, e.g., whey.
3. Can I blend bread?
4. Can I blend, say, soy burgers/

Which blenders are recommended?
--
http://www.standards.com/; See Howard Kaikow's web site.

Cindy Fuller

In article >,
"Howard Kaikow" > wrote:

> As I am having a bunch of teeth extracted, I may need to use a blender to
> have a balanced diet after the extractions.
>
> I've not thought about the issues fully, but I am concerned with at least
> the following:
>
> 1. Best way to blend protein.
> 2. Best way to blend fiber, e.g., whey.
> 3. Can I blend bread?
> 4. Can I blend, say, soy burgers/
>
> Which blenders are recommended?

Any blender will do a decent job of pureeing food. As far as food goes,
it's time for me to put on my nutrition hat. You're going to need a
good bit of protein and calories to help your gums recover from this
shock. If it's just wisdom teeth extraction, you don't need to worry
much about the consistency of food. If you're getting a bridge or
dentures, you need to be concerned. If you can drink milk, make
yourself smoothies with fruit. You can eat most soups, including cream
and bean soups, without blending them. You can blend bread or soy
burgers, but why bother? Both are fairly soft. Whey is a protein, not
a fiber. If you want to get enough fiber in your blender diet, rely on
beans, cooked oatmeal, and such. You shouldn't need to use something
like Metamucil to get in enough fiber.

Vitamin C will also help your gums heal. Get it from fruit or juices.
Supplements aren't necessary. If orange or grapefruit juice is too
acidic for your mouth after the extractions, go with cranberry juice.

Good luck!
Cindy

--
C.J. Fuller

Delete the obvious to email me
Cindy Fuller

In article >,
"Howard Kaikow" > wrote:

> As I am having a bunch of teeth extracted, I may need to use a blender to
> have a balanced diet after the extractions.
>
> I've not thought about the issues fully, but I am concerned with at least
> the following:
>
> 1. Best way to blend protein.
> 2. Best way to blend fiber, e.g., whey.
> 3. Can I blend bread?
> 4. Can I blend, say, soy burgers/
>
> Which blenders are recommended?

Any blender will do a decent job of pureeing food. As far as food goes,
it's time for me to put on my nutrition hat. You're going to need a
good bit of protein and calories to help your gums recover from this
shock. If it's just wisdom teeth extraction, you don't need to worry
much about the consistency of food. If you're getting a bridge or
dentures, you need to be concerned. If you can drink milk, make
yourself smoothies with fruit. You can eat most soups, including cream
and bean soups, without blending them. You can blend bread or soy
burgers, but why bother? Both are fairly soft. Whey is a protein, not
a fiber. If you want to get enough fiber in your blender diet, rely on
beans, cooked oatmeal, and such. You shouldn't need to use something
like Metamucil to get in enough fiber.

Vitamin C will also help your gums heal. Get it from fruit or juices.
Supplements aren't necessary. If orange or grapefruit juice is too
acidic for your mouth after the extractions, go with cranberry juice.

Good luck!
Cindy

--
C.J. Fuller

Delete the obvious to email me
hahabogus

Cindy Fuller > wrote in
:

> In article >,
> "Howard Kaikow" > wrote:
>
>> As I am having a bunch of teeth extracted, I may need to use a
>> blender to have a balanced diet after the extractions.
>>
>> I've not thought about the issues fully, but I am concerned with at
>> least the following:
>>
>> 1. Best way to blend protein.
>> 2. Best way to blend fiber, e.g., whey.
>> 3. Can I blend bread?
>> 4. Can I blend, say, soy burgers/
>>
>> Which blenders are recommended?

> Any blender will do a decent job of pureeing food. As far as food
> goes, it's time for me to put on my nutrition hat. You're going to
> need a good bit of protein and calories to help your gums recover from
> this shock. If it's just wisdom teeth extraction, you don't need to
> worry much about the consistency of food. If you're getting a bridge
> or dentures, you need to be concerned. If you can drink milk, make
> yourself smoothies with fruit. You can eat most soups, including
> cream and bean soups, without blending them. You can blend bread or
> soy burgers, but why bother? Both are fairly soft. Whey is a
> protein, not a fiber. If you want to get enough fiber in your blender
> diet, rely on beans, cooked oatmeal, and such. You shouldn't need to
> use something like Metamucil to get in enough fiber.
>
> Vitamin C will also help your gums heal. Get it from fruit or juices.
> Supplements aren't necessary. If orange or grapefruit juice is too
> acidic for your mouth after the extractions, go with cranberry juice.
>
> Good luck!
> Cindy

You forgot the pinch of salt to toughen the gums...Dentist is forever
telling me to gargle with luke warm salt water after extractions...

--
Once during Prohibition I was forced to live for days on nothing but food
and water.
hahabogus

Cindy Fuller > wrote in
:

> In article >,
> "Howard Kaikow" > wrote:
>
>> As I am having a bunch of teeth extracted, I may need to use a
>> blender to have a balanced diet after the extractions.
>>
>> I've not thought about the issues fully, but I am concerned with at
>> least the following:
>>
>> 1. Best way to blend protein.
>> 2. Best way to blend fiber, e.g., whey.
>> 3. Can I blend bread?
>> 4. Can I blend, say, soy burgers/
>>
>> Which blenders are recommended?

> Any blender will do a decent job of pureeing food. As far as food
> goes, it's time for me to put on my nutrition hat. You're going to
> need a good bit of protein and calories to help your gums recover from
> this shock. If it's just wisdom teeth extraction, you don't need to
> worry much about the consistency of food. If you're getting a bridge
> or dentures, you need to be concerned. If you can drink milk, make
> yourself smoothies with fruit. You can eat most soups, including
> cream and bean soups, without blending them. You can blend bread or
> soy burgers, but why bother? Both are fairly soft. Whey is a
> protein, not a fiber. If you want to get enough fiber in your blender
> diet, rely on beans, cooked oatmeal, and such. You shouldn't need to
> use something like Metamucil to get in enough fiber.
>
> Vitamin C will also help your gums heal. Get it from fruit or juices.
> Supplements aren't necessary. If orange or grapefruit juice is too
> acidic for your mouth after the extractions, go with cranberry juice.
>
> Good luck!
> Cindy

You forgot the pinch of salt to toughen the gums...Dentist is forever
telling me to gargle with luke warm salt water after extractions...

--
Once during Prohibition I was forced to live for days on nothing but food
and water.
--------
FIELDS, W. C.

Pennyaline

"hahabogus" wrote:
> You forgot the pinch of salt to toughen the gums...Dentist is forever
> telling me to gargle with luke warm salt water after extractions...

Did the dentist tell you why you should gargle with warm salt water
solution? It ain't to toughen the gums!

<the saline-altered environment reduces bacterial growth>

Pennyaline