Daisy

Default Cooked lobster

I am thawing out two frozen cooked lobsters I bought around
mid-November at a very good price! These crustaceans are thawing
naturally in the refrigerator and should be right by Christmas
morning. I am in New Zealand and it is (supposed to be) summer ..
but we are having a terrible December.

Be that as it may, I wish to do something with the cooked lobster on
Christmas Day as part of a family lunch, most of which will also be
cooked, or fresh raw. Our family do not go in for Festive dinners of
any kind - and especially in summer!

Can someone give me some ideas - apart from placing portions of
lobster on salad leaves - which seems to be the most favoured way to
serve cold cooked lobster. I have home-made French mayonnaise (eggs
and oil) and all other salad vegetables.

Be grateful to you all out there - and Merry Christmas!

Daisy
Katra

In article >,
Daisy > wrote:

> I am thawing out two frozen cooked lobsters I bought around
> mid-November at a very good price! These crustaceans are thawing
> naturally in the refrigerator and should be right by Christmas
> morning. I am in New Zealand and it is (supposed to be) summer ..
> but we are having a terrible December.
>
> Be that as it may, I wish to do something with the cooked lobster on
> Christmas Day as part of a family lunch, most of which will also be
> cooked, or fresh raw. Our family do not go in for Festive dinners of
> any kind - and especially in summer!
>
> Can someone give me some ideas - apart from placing portions of
> lobster on salad leaves - which seems to be the most favoured way to
> serve cold cooked lobster. I have home-made French mayonnaise (eggs
> and oil) and all other salad vegetables.
>
> Be grateful to you all out there - and Merry Christmas!
>
> Daisy

Keep it simple like you'd planned. :-)
Lobster is such a sweet and delicate flavor, the most I do to it is
serve it up with lemon/butter!
--
K.
Katra

In article >,
Daisy > wrote:

> I am thawing out two frozen cooked lobsters I bought around
> mid-November at a very good price! These crustaceans are thawing
> naturally in the refrigerator and should be right by Christmas
> morning. I am in New Zealand and it is (supposed to be) summer ..
> but we are having a terrible December.
>
> Be that as it may, I wish to do something with the cooked lobster on
> Christmas Day as part of a family lunch, most of which will also be
> cooked, or fresh raw. Our family do not go in for Festive dinners of
> any kind - and especially in summer!
>
> Can someone give me some ideas - apart from placing portions of
> lobster on salad leaves - which seems to be the most favoured way to
> serve cold cooked lobster. I have home-made French mayonnaise (eggs
> and oil) and all other salad vegetables.
>
> Be grateful to you all out there - and Merry Christmas!
>
> Daisy

Keep it simple like you'd planned. :-)
Lobster is such a sweet and delicate flavor, the most I do to it is
serve it up with lemon/butter!
--
K.
Peter Horsman

Mix the Mayo with French mustard and some grated gruyere cheese and pot
under the grill for 5 minutes until the cheese bubbles

"Katra" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> Daisy > wrote:
>
> > I am thawing out two frozen cooked lobsters I bought around
> > mid-November at a very good price! These crustaceans are thawing
> > naturally in the refrigerator and should be right by Christmas
> > morning. I am in New Zealand and it is (supposed to be) summer ..
> > but we are having a terrible December.
> >
> > Be that as it may, I wish to do something with the cooked lobster on
> > Christmas Day as part of a family lunch, most of which will also be
> > cooked, or fresh raw. Our family do not go in for Festive dinners of
> > any kind - and especially in summer!
> >
> > Can someone give me some ideas - apart from placing portions of
> > lobster on salad leaves - which seems to be the most favoured way to
> > serve cold cooked lobster. I have home-made French mayonnaise (eggs
> > and oil) and all other salad vegetables.
> >
> > Be grateful to you all out there - and Merry Christmas!
> >
> > Daisy

> Keep it simple like you'd planned. :-)
> Lobster is such a sweet and delicate flavor, the most I do to it is
> serve it up with lemon/butter!
> --
> K.

Peter Horsman

"Katra" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> Daisy > wrote:
>
> > I am thawing out two frozen cooked lobsters I bought around
> > mid-November at a very good price! These crustaceans are thawing
> > naturally in the refrigerator and should be right by Christmas
> > morning. I am in New Zealand and it is (supposed to be) summer ..
> > but we are having a terrible December.
> >
> > Be that as it may, I wish to do something with the cooked lobster on
> > Christmas Day as part of a family lunch, most of which will also be
> > cooked, or fresh raw. Our family do not go in for Festive dinners of
> > any kind - and especially in summer!
> >
> > Can someone give me some ideas - apart from placing portions of
> > lobster on salad leaves - which seems to be the most favoured way to
> > serve cold cooked lobster. I have home-made French mayonnaise (eggs
> > and oil) and all other salad vegetables.
> >
> > Be grateful to you all out there - and Merry Christmas!
> >
> > Daisy

> Keep it simple like you'd planned. :-)
> Lobster is such a sweet and delicate flavor, the most I do to it is
> serve it up with lemon/butter!
> --
> K.

Wayne Boatwright

Daisy > wrote in
:

> I am thawing out two frozen cooked lobsters I bought around
> mid-November at a very good price! These crustaceans are thawing
> naturally in the refrigerator and should be right by Christmas
> morning. I am in New Zealand and it is (supposed to be) summer ..
> but we are having a terrible December.
>
> Be that as it may, I wish to do something with the cooked lobster on
> Christmas Day as part of a family lunch, most of which will also be
> cooked, or fresh raw. Our family do not go in for Festive dinners of
> any kind - and especially in summer!
>
> Can someone give me some ideas - apart from placing portions of
> lobster on salad leaves - which seems to be the most favoured way to
> serve cold cooked lobster. I have home-made French mayonnaise (eggs
> and oil) and all other salad vegetables.
>
> Be grateful to you all out there - and Merry Christmas!
>
> Daisy

Lobster Thermidor is an old-fashioned and rich preparation that would be
ideal for a holiday meal, and an excellent way to use already-cooked
lobster meat.

Lobster Thermidor

Two lobsters, cooked

Bechamel Sauce: (Yields 1 quart)

1 yellow onion, small dice
1 small carrot, peeled and small dice
1 celery rib, small dice
1/2 cup unsalted butter
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
4 cups scalded milk
Small bouquet garni
salt
freshly ground white pepper
pinch of nutmeg
pinch of cayenne
3/4 cup heavy cream
2 egg yolks
1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
1/2 cup grated parmesan

Preheat oven to 425 degrees.

Melt butter in a saucepan and saute onion, carrot and celery until
translucent.

Add flour and stir well until flour is completely incorporated.

Add milk 1/3 at a time, whisking well at each addition.

Add bouquet garni and dry seasonings, simmer for 15 minutes.

In a small mixing bowl, whisk together egg yolks and cream.

Take sauce off of the heat and whisk in cream and yolk combination.

Rough chop the lobster meat, place in a mixing bowl and toss with half of
the hot bechamel.

Place lobster tail shells on a baking sheet or in a casserole dish, spoon
mixture into shells and top with remaining bechamel and grated parmesan.

Note: Can be done without shells in ramekins.

Bake in oven at 425 for 12 minutes or until parmesan is golden brown.

--
Wayne in Phoenix

*A mind is a terrible thing to lose.
Wayne Boatwright

Daisy > wrote in
:

> I am thawing out two frozen cooked lobsters I bought around
> mid-November at a very good price! These crustaceans are thawing
> naturally in the refrigerator and should be right by Christmas
> morning. I am in New Zealand and it is (supposed to be) summer ..
> but we are having a terrible December.
>
> Be that as it may, I wish to do something with the cooked lobster on
> Christmas Day as part of a family lunch, most of which will also be
> cooked, or fresh raw. Our family do not go in for Festive dinners of
> any kind - and especially in summer!
>
> Can someone give me some ideas - apart from placing portions of
> lobster on salad leaves - which seems to be the most favoured way to
> serve cold cooked lobster. I have home-made French mayonnaise (eggs
> and oil) and all other salad vegetables.
>
> Be grateful to you all out there - and Merry Christmas!
>
> Daisy

Lobster Thermidor is an old-fashioned and rich preparation that would be
ideal for a holiday meal, and an excellent way to use already-cooked
lobster meat.

Lobster Thermidor

Two lobsters, cooked

Bechamel Sauce: (Yields 1 quart)

1 yellow onion, small dice
1 small carrot, peeled and small dice
1 celery rib, small dice
1/2 cup unsalted butter
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
4 cups scalded milk
Small bouquet garni
salt
freshly ground white pepper
pinch of nutmeg
pinch of cayenne
3/4 cup heavy cream
2 egg yolks
1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
1/2 cup grated parmesan

Preheat oven to 425 degrees.

Melt butter in a saucepan and saute onion, carrot and celery until
translucent.

Add flour and stir well until flour is completely incorporated.

Add milk 1/3 at a time, whisking well at each addition.

Add bouquet garni and dry seasonings, simmer for 15 minutes.

In a small mixing bowl, whisk together egg yolks and cream.

Take sauce off of the heat and whisk in cream and yolk combination.

Rough chop the lobster meat, place in a mixing bowl and toss with half of
the hot bechamel.

Place lobster tail shells on a baking sheet or in a casserole dish, spoon
mixture into shells and top with remaining bechamel and grated parmesan.

Note: Can be done without shells in ramekins.

Bake in oven at 425 for 12 minutes or until parmesan is golden brown.

--
Wayne in Phoenix

*A mind is a terrible thing to lose.
zuuum

> Add bouquet garni and dry seasonings, simmer for 15 minutes.

fyi - just in case

bouquet garni.... parsley, thyme, and a bay leaf wrapped in leek and tied
together so you can easily remove when finished

zuuum

> Add bouquet garni and dry seasonings, simmer for 15 minutes.

fyi - just in case

bouquet garni.... parsley, thyme, and a bay leaf wrapped in leek and tied
together so you can easily remove when finished

Frenchy

"Daisy" > wrote in message
>I am thawing out two frozen cooked lobsters I bought around
> mid-November at a very good price! These crustaceans are thawing
> naturally in the refrigerator and should be right by Christmas
> morning. I am in New Zealand and it is (supposed to be) summer ..
> but we are having a terrible December.
>
> Be that as it may, I wish to do something with the cooked lobster on
> Christmas Day as part of a family lunch, most of which will also be
> cooked, or fresh raw. Our family do not go in for Festive dinners of
> any kind - and especially in summer!
>
> Can someone give me some ideas - apart from placing portions of
> lobster on salad leaves - which seems to be the most favoured way to
> serve cold cooked lobster. I have home-made French mayonnaise (eggs
> and oil) and all other salad vegetables.
>
> Be grateful to you all out there - and Merry Christmas!
>
> Daisy

Shit, I never noticed we had crap weather <smile>!

Keep it simple and a good tangy mayo with some hot sauce and ketchup mixed
in.

Frenchy
In Tauranga