Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Butter sauce for lobster tails/lobster

On Jun 26, 6:52*am, Andy > wrote:
> George Orwell > wrote:
> > This isn't really much of a sauce it's so simple. *Do your
> > lobster by whatever method. *Tails can be done by giving it/them
> > a good simmer in water flavored with bay leaf and lemon. *Or
> > in the oven. *Anyway when done, take a chunk, dip in clarified
> > butter and then spear on your fork a chunk of your favorite
> > cheese. *I find that blue cheese is too strong for my taste
> > and tend to use an extra old cheddar. *Most hard/semi-hard
> > cheeses would work. *Swiss (I won't call it Emmenthaler if it
> > don't come from Emmenthal) is good. *It's all good.
> > Now I'm thinking of stuffing lobster tail with cheese. *This
> > is theoretical but I'm gonna do this: *Get the oven going.
> > 375 - 400 F should do.
> > Take tails and slit them in half lengthwise. *Be careful not
> > to cut all the way through. *Pull out tail and fan over shell.
> > Make a slit inside the meat as big as you can. *Stuff your
> > favorite cheese inside of tail. *Brush outside with butter,
> > and put in oven. *Bake about 15 minutes until done. *Maybe
> > stuff it with ham and cheese. *Lobster tail cordon bleu.???
> > I don't know. *I'll try it, but maybe a different stuffing
> > would work better? *

> Maybe serve something cheese'd as a side dish (broccoli?) but for the
> price and delicacy, lobster deserves to stand alone, with just clarified
> butter. Imho.
>
> A cholesterol feast!
>
> Andy

I knew you had a food excellence side Andy! For all that Bryan berates
you about, your obvious love of lobster makes you definitely OK in MY
book! :-)

Gimme a freshly steamed lobster, tools, an optional bib and some
warmed drawn butter and I'm in Food Heaven! And cholesterol be damned!

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jun 26, 12:21*pm, Andy > wrote:
> John Kuthe > wrote:

> >> Maybe serve something cheese'd as a side dish (broccoli?) but for the
> >> price and delicacy, lobster deserves to stand alone, with just

> clarified
> >> butter. Imho.

> >> A cholesterol feast!

> >> Andy

> > I knew you had a food excellence side Andy! For all that Bryan berates
> > you about, your obvious love of lobster makes you definitely OK in MY
> > book! :-)

> > Gimme a freshly steamed lobster, tools, an optional bib and some
> > warmed drawn butter and I'm in Food Heaven! And cholesterol be damned!

> > John Kuthe...

> John,
>
> I only had lobster once as a kid, but I remember it like it was yesterday
> and the mess I was allowed to make in public without getting scolded!
> ))

So in other words, you were just blowing out your ass.

> Best,
>
> Andy

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jun 26, 9:53*am, John Kuthe > wrote:
> On Jun 26, 6:52*am, Andy > wrote:
>

> > George Orwell > wrote:
> > > This isn't really much of a sauce it's so simple. *Do your
> > > lobster by whatever method. *Tails can be done by giving it/them
> > > a good simmer in water flavored with bay leaf and lemon. *Or
> > > in the oven. *Anyway when done, take a chunk, dip in clarified
> > > butter and then spear on your fork a chunk of your favorite
> > > cheese. *I find that blue cheese is too strong for my taste
> > > and tend to use an extra old cheddar. *Most hard/semi-hard
> > > cheeses would work. *Swiss (I won't call it Emmenthaler if it
> > > don't come from Emmenthal) is good. *It's all good.
> > > Now I'm thinking of stuffing lobster tail with cheese. *This
> > > is theoretical but I'm gonna do this: *Get the oven going.
> > > 375 - 400 F should do.
> > > Take tails and slit them in half lengthwise. *Be careful not
> > > to cut all the way through. *Pull out tail and fan over shell.
> > > Make a slit inside the meat as big as you can. *Stuff your
> > > favorite cheese inside of tail. *Brush outside with butter,
> > > and put in oven. *Bake about 15 minutes until done. *Maybe
> > > stuff it with ham and cheese. *Lobster tail cordon bleu.???
> > > I don't know. *I'll try it, but maybe a different stuffing
> > > would work better? *

> > Maybe serve something cheese'd as a side dish (broccoli?) but for the
> > price and delicacy, lobster deserves to stand alone, with just clarified
> > butter. Imho.

> > A cholesterol feast!

> > Andy

> I knew you had a food excellence side Andy! For all that Bryan berates
> you about, your obvious love of lobster makes you definitely OK in MY
> book! :-)
>
> Gimme a freshly steamed lobster, tools, an optional bib and some
> warmed drawn butter and I'm in Food Heaven! And cholesterol be damned!
>
> John Kuthe...

I like just a tad of fresh garlic in the butter.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article
Chemo the Clown > wrote:

> > Gimme a freshly steamed lobster, tools, an optional bib and some
> > warmed drawn butter and I'm in Food Heaven! And cholesterol be damned!
> >
> > John Kuthe...

> I like just a tad of fresh garlic in the butter.

My favorite dipping sauce for crab, shrimp or lobster is 1 lemon, 1 cube
of butter and a light amount of granulated garlic.
--
Peace! Om

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jun 26, 10:22*pm, Omelet > wrote:

> My favorite dipping sauce for crab, shrimp or lobster is 1 lemon, 1 cube
> of butter and a light amount of granulated garlic.

Might one cube be four ounces?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Omelet wrote:

> My favorite dipping sauce for crab, shrimp or lobster is 1 lemon, 1 cube
> of butter and a light amount of granulated garlic.

Crab is good with drawn butter but for lobster and shrimp I much
prefer Cantonese lobster sauce, no butter.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jun 26, 12:21*pm, Andy > wrote:
> John Kuthe > wrote:

> >> Maybe serve something cheese'd as a side dish (broccoli?) but for the
> >> price and delicacy, lobster deserves to stand alone, with just

> clarified
> >> butter. Imho.

> >> A cholesterol feast!

> >> Andy

> > I knew you had a food excellence side Andy! For all that Bryan berates
> > you about, your obvious love of lobster makes you definitely OK in MY
> > book! :-)

> > Gimme a freshly steamed lobster, tools, an optional bib and some
> > warmed drawn butter and I'm in Food Heaven! And cholesterol be damned!

> > John Kuthe...

> John,
>
> I only had lobster once as a kid, but I remember it like it was yesterday
> and the mess I was allowed to make in public without getting scolded!
> ))

I was 9 I think when I had my first lobster. I was already a huge
fried shrimp fan, and my parents and I went on vacation to Chicago.
Because it was s special occasion they let me get the lobster. My
mother said she was anticipating having fun watching me eat a whole
lobster, but it turned out to be just a huge (to me at the time) hunk
of lobster tail meat. And I fell in love! It became and remains one of
my favorite foods.

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article
"Mr. Bill" > wrote:

> On Jun 26, 10:22*pm, Omelet > wrote:
>
> > My favorite dipping sauce for crab, shrimp or lobster is 1 lemon, 1 cube
> > of butter and a light amount of granulated garlic.

> Might one cube be four ounces?

Yes, :-)
1 lb. of butter here is 4 packages at 4 oz. each.
--
Peace! Om

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
brooklyn1 > wrote:

> Omelet wrote:
> >
> > My favorite dipping sauce for crab, shrimp or lobster is 1 lemon, 1 cube
> > of butter and a light amount of granulated garlic.

> Crab is good with drawn butter but for lobster and shrimp I much
> prefer Cantonese lobster sauce, no butter.

Do you have a recipe? You have piqued my curiosity. ;-)

I detest drawn butter. It has little to no flavor. They remove all the
flavor by removing the solids imho.

I prefer whole melted butter.

To me, drawn or clarified butter may as well be (name your generic)
cooking oil!

I whisk the WHOLE melted butter, lemon juice and granulated garlic
together. A little fresh minced dill weed added to that is not bad
either.
--
Peace! Om

Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat. --Alex Levine
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jun 26, 12:29*pm, Food Snob® > wrote:

> So in other words, you were just blowing out your ass.

This from someone that brags about his kid eating granola bars and
Rice Krispies. <yawn>

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jun 27, 5:48*pm, John Kuthe > wrote:

> I was 9 I think when I had my first lobster. I was already a huge
> fried shrimp fan, and my parents and I went on vacation to Chicago.
> Because it was s special occasion they let me get the lobster. My
> mother said she was anticipating having fun watching me eat a whole
> lobster, but it turned out to be just a huge (to me at the time) hunk
> of lobster tail meat. And I fell in love! It became and remains one of
> my favorite foods.

You had lobster in Chicago? Where is Food Slob to chime in and berate
your for not tasting your first lobster on the Maine coast?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 28 Jun 2010 00:04:39 -0500, Omelet >
wrote:

>In article >,
> brooklyn1 > wrote:
>
>> Omelet wrote:
>> >
>> > My favorite dipping sauce for crab, shrimp or lobster is 1 lemon, 1 cube
>> > of butter and a light amount of granulated garlic.

>> Crab is good with drawn butter but for lobster and shrimp I much
>> prefer Cantonese lobster sauce, no butter.

>Do you have a recipe? You have piqued my curiosity. ;-)

I strongly suggest you first try it from a decent Chinese restaurant
so you'll have a benchmark... this works better with white pepper:
http://chinesefood.about.com/od/sauc...bstersauce.htm

Warning, this is highly addictive.... often I just order the lobster
sauce plain and have it with fly lice.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
brooklyn1 > wrote:

> On Mon, 28 Jun 2010 00:04:39 -0500, Omelet >
> wrote:
>
> >In article >,
> > brooklyn1 > wrote:

> >> Crab is good with drawn butter but for lobster and shrimp I much
> >> prefer Cantonese lobster sauce, no butter.

> >Do you have a recipe? You have piqued my curiosity. ;-)

> I strongly suggest you first try it from a decent Chinese restaurant
> so you'll have a benchmark... this works better with white pepper:
> http://chinesefood.about.com/od/sauc...bstersauce.htm
>
> Warning, this is highly addictive.... often I just order the lobster
> sauce plain and have it with fly lice.

Saved and stored, thanks!
It does sound interesting... and likely good over eggs or any kind of
noodles. :-d
--
Peace! Om

Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat. --Alex Levine
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 06/28/10 9:26 AM, sometime in the recent past brooklyn1 posted this:
> On Mon, 28 Jun 2010 00:04:39 -0500, >
> wrote:
>
>> In >,
>> > wrote:

>>> Crab is good with drawn butter but for lobster and shrimp I much
>>> prefer Cantonese lobster sauce, no butter.

>> Do you have a recipe? You have piqued my curiosity. ;-)

> I strongly suggest you first try it from a decent Chinese restaurant
> so you'll have a benchmark... this works better with white pepper:
> http://chinesefood.about.com/od/sauc...bstersauce.htm
>
> Warning, this is highly addictive.... often I just order the lobster
> sauce plain and have it with fly lice.

My guess is that if you are having 'lobstersauce' on your lobster, you're
probably eating a spiny lobster which has little flavor of it's own and
would need that glop on it. But in fairness, to each their own.

Get a good Maine lobster (my home state) and use whole melted butter. For a
variation, a bit of crushed fresh garlic can be added to the pot while the
butter melts. My favorite is a fresh sprig of tarragon added the same way.

BTW, soft-shelled lobsters or 'shedders' are beginning to appear in the
landings and they're the best of both worlds - as sweet as they can be
without the hassle of their hard carapace. Just tear them apart with your hands.

--
Wilson 44.69, -67.3
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 29 Jun 2010 09:12:21 -0400, Wilson >
wrote:

>On 06/28/10 9:26 AM, sometime in the recent past brooklyn1 posted this:
>> On Mon, 28 Jun 2010 00:04:39 -0500, >
>> wrote:
>>
>>> In >,

>>> Do you have a recipe? You have piqued my curiosity. ;-)

>> I strongly suggest you first try it from a decent Chinese restaurant
>> so you'll have a benchmark... this works better with white pepper:
>> http://chinesefood.about.com/od/sauc...bstersauce.htm
>>
>> Warning, this is highly addictive.... often I just order the lobster
>> sauce plain and have it with fly lice.
>>

>My guess is that if you are having 'lobstersauce' on your lobster, you're
>probably eating a spiny lobster which has little flavor of it's own and
>would need that glop on it. But in fairness, to each their own.

You're clueless.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Wilson > wrote:

> On 06/28/10 9:26 AM, sometime in the recent past brooklyn1 posted this:
>
> > On Mon, 28 Jun 2010 00:04:39 -0500, >
> > wrote:
> >
> > I strongly suggest you first try it from a decent Chinese restaurant
> > so you'll have a benchmark... this works better with white pepper:
> > http://chinesefood.about.com/od/sauc...bstersauce.htm
> >
> > Warning, this is highly addictive.... often I just order the lobster
> > sauce plain and have it with fly lice.

> My guess is that if you are having 'lobstersauce' on your lobster, you're
> probably eating a spiny lobster which has little flavor of it's own and
> would need that glop on it. But in fairness, to each their own.
>
> Get a good Maine lobster (my home state) and use whole melted butter. For a
> variation, a bit of crushed fresh garlic can be added to the pot while the
> butter melts. My favorite is a fresh sprig of tarragon added the same way.
>
> BTW, soft-shelled lobsters or 'shedders' are beginning to appear in the
> landings and they're the best of both worlds - as sweet as they can be
> without the hassle of their hard carapace. Just tear them apart with your
> hands.

I like the idea of adding a bit of tarragon, but I really do like the
addition of lemon. :-)
--
Peace! Om

Posted to rec.food.cooking
aem aem is offline

On Jun 28, 6:26 am, brooklyn1 > wrote:
> ... this works better with white pepper:http://chinesefood.about.com/od/sauc...bstersauce.htm
>
> Warning, this is highly addictive.... often I just order the lobster
> sauce plain and have it with fly lice.

Good recipe. Not at all addictive -- I've been eating it all my
life. With shrimp. May try it with fried rice one of these days just
for fun. The sauce can be varied to complement other things.
Increase the garlic and black beans and decrease the liquid and you
have something excellent with asparagus. -aem
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 06/29/2010 10:55 AM, aem wrote:

> Good recipe. Not at all addictive -- I've been eating it all my
> life.

But you can stop any time?

Serene
Posted to rec.food.cooking
aem aem is offline

On Jun 29, 11:06 am, Serene Vannoy > wrote:
> On 06/29/2010 10:55 AM, aem wrote:
>
> > Good recipe. Not at all addictive -- I've been eating it all my
> > life.

> But you can stop any time?
>
> Serene

<g> Exactly. -aem
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article
aem > wrote:

> On Jun 28, 6:26 am, brooklyn1 > wrote:
> > ... this works better with white
> > pepper:http://chinesefood.about.com/od/sauc...bstersauce.htm
> >
> > Warning, this is highly addictive.... often I just order the lobster
> > sauce plain and have it with fly lice.

> Good recipe. Not at all addictive -- I've been eating it all my
> life. With shrimp. May try it with fried rice one of these days just
> for fun. The sauce can be varied to complement other things.
> Increase the garlic and black beans and decrease the liquid and you
> have something excellent with asparagus. -aem

I'm betting it'd go well with a mix of rice and shrimp, but the
asparagus idea looks interesting too. I generally do asparagus with a
little lemon butter and dill weed, and occasionally a bechamel cheese
sauce.
--
Peace! Om

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jun 29, 9:02*am, brooklyn1 > wrote:
> >My guess is that if you are having 'lobstersauce' on your lobster, you're
> >probably eating a spiny lobster which has little flavor of it's own and
> >would need that glop on it. But in fairness, to each their own.

> You're clueless.

Indeed. Isn't he the one that was all up in arms because a fried food
had chicken in it?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

projectile vomit chick > wrote:

shit for brains spews:
>> >My guess is that if you are having 'lobstersauce' on your lobster, you're
>> >probably eating a spiny lobster which has little flavor of it's own and
>> >would need that glop on it. But in fairness, to each their own.

>> You're clueless.

>Indeed. Isn't he the one that was all up in arms because a fried food
>had chicken in it?

Lobster sauce contains no lobster... it's from pork... obviously shit
for brains swallows more than his share.

Shrimp with lobster sauce:
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/60/19...d846fb605c.jpg
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 06/29/10 10:02 AM, sometime in the recent past brooklyn1 posted this:
> On Tue, 29 Jun 2010 09:12:21 -0400, >
> wrote:
>
>> On 06/28/10 9:26 AM, sometime in the recent past brooklyn1 posted this:

>>> I strongly suggest you first try it from a decent Chinese restaurant
>>> so you'll have a benchmark... this works better with white pepper:
>>> http://chinesefood.about.com/od/sauc...bstersauce.htm
>>>
>>> Warning, this is highly addictive.... often I just order the lobster
>>> sauce plain and have it with fly lice.
>>>

>> My guess is that if you are having 'lobstersauce' on your lobster, you're
>> probably eating a spiny lobster which has little flavor of it's own and
>> would need that glop on it. But in fairness, to each their own.

> You're clueless.

An absolutely indefensible comeback. Missed my point entirely, but I suppose
I shouldn't have called it glop, unless of course I did it just to annoy you.

--
Wilson 44.69, -67.3
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 06/30/10 7:54 AM, sometime in the recent past brooklyn1 posted this:
> projectile vomit > wrote:
>
> shit for brains spews:
>>>
>>> You're clueless.

>> Indeed. Isn't he the one that was all up in arms because a fried food
>> had chicken in it?

> Lobster sauce contains no lobster... it's from pork... obviously shit
> for brains swallows more than his share.
>
> Shrimp with lobster sauce:
> http://farm1.static.flickr.com/60/19...d846fb605c.jpg

I don't need pics, I've had it and was unimpressed. Lobster needs almost no
dressing, but that aside, I did have a very nice Lobster Fra Diavlo at the
Clam House in Hoboken once.
--
Wilson 44.69, -67.3
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 06/30/10 12:40 AM, sometime in the recent past projectile vomit chick
posted this:
> On Jun 29, 9:02 am, > wrote:
>>> My guess is that if you are having 'lobstersauce' on your lobster, you're
>>> probably eating a spiny lobster which has little flavor of it's own and
>>> would need that glop on it. But in fairness, to each their own.

>> You're clueless.

> Indeed. Isn't he the one that was all up in arms because a fried food
> had chicken in it?

Missed the point there too. Nice handle, btw - kinda says it all and yet
doesn't cross the line into obsessive.

--
Wilson 44.69, -67.3

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Wilson wrote:

> My guess is that if you are having 'lobstersauce' on your lobster, you're
> probably eating a spiny lobster which has little flavor of it's own and
> would need that glop on it. But in fairness, to each their own.

Chuckle. Tastes vary. You say tow-may-tow I say tuh-mah-tow.

I have long preferred California spiney lobster and Australian lobster
to Maine lobster. But then again I have long preferred Alaska king crab
over Washington dungeness while my wife has the opposite preference.

Lobster good. Crab good. Sauce good. More please.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Doug Freyburger > wrote:

>I have long preferred California spiney lobster and Australian lobster
>to Maine lobster.

For sure the Austrailian, if one can obtain it, is best.

>But then again I have long preferred Alaska king crab
>over Washington dungeness while my wife has the opposite preference.

For me Dungeness is the best crab. It's at its absolute best
at the very beginning of the season... really through about
New Years then it declines.

Steve
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 06/30/2010 01:26 PM, Steve Pope wrote:
> Doug > wrote:
>
>> I have long preferred California spiney lobster and Australian lobster
>> to Maine lobster.

> For sure the Austrailian, if one can obtain it, is best.
>
>> But then again I have long preferred Alaska king crab
>> over Washington dungeness while my wife has the opposite preference.

> For me Dungeness is the best crab. It's at its absolute best
> at the very beginning of the season... really through about
> New Years then it declines.

When's the season? (Yes, I could google it, but I'll just ask.) We had
some live ones a couple days ago, and they were DELICIOUS. I was a
little surprised how salty they were (we didn't salt the water for
boiling), but man, that was good. Gross (the killing and cleaning part,
I mean, which I hadn't done before), but delicious.

Serene
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Serene Vannoy > wrote:

>On 06/30/2010 01:26 PM, Steve Pope wrote:

>> For me Dungeness is the best crab. It's at its absolute best
>> at the very beginning of the season... really through about
>> New Years then it declines.

>When's the season? (Yes, I could google it, but I'll just ask.) We had
>some live ones a couple days ago, and they were DELICIOUS.

The northern California season usually opens November 15,
and closes on a more variable date (typical would be June 30).
Fresh crabs from other parts of the west coast are available
during other times of year. A seafood chain like McCormick
and Schmitt's (sp?) will have fresh Dungeness nearly year round,
as will many fish markets.

But IMO, from opening day until Jan. 1 or so is really the time
to eat local crab... the quality is best then, and the prices
are likely to be at their lowest. Some years, they harvest
about half the total catch in the first few days of the season.

Steve

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 07/01/2010 12:21 PM, Steve Pope wrote:
> Serene > wrote:
>
>> On 06/30/2010 01:26 PM, Steve Pope wrote:

>>> For me Dungeness is the best crab. It's at its absolute best
>>> at the very beginning of the season... really through about
>>> New Years then it declines.

>> When's the season? (Yes, I could google it, but I'll just ask.) We had
>> some live ones a couple days ago, and they were DELICIOUS.

> The northern California season usually opens November 15,
> and closes on a more variable date (typical would be June 30).
> Fresh crabs from other parts of the west coast are available
> during other times of year. A seafood chain like McCormick
> and Schmitt's (sp?) will have fresh Dungeness nearly year round,
> as will many fish markets.
>
> But IMO, from opening day until Jan. 1 or so is really the time
> to eat local crab... the quality is best then, and the prices
> are likely to be at their lowest. Some years, they harvest
> about half the total catch in the first few days of the season.

Thanks. I'll have to try them in November, and see if the difference is
noticeable to me and the kid (who loves them -- James can't be bothered
and doesn't see what's so great about shellfish in general).

Serene
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Steve Pope wrote:
> Doug Freyburger > wrote:
>
>>I have long preferred California spiney lobster and Australian lobster
>>to Maine lobster.

> For sure the Austrailian, if one can obtain it, is best.

I remember seeing a Japanese lobster on Iron Chef. The size of
Australia or Maine lobsters but the spiney shape of California ones.
There's no certain best until I've tried at least one of each type!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Serene Vannoy wrote:
> Steve Pope wrote:
>
>> For me Dungeness is the best crab ...

> I was a little surprised how salty they were

On of the reasons my wife likes dungeness over other types of crab is
they are less salty to her than king, snow or sand crab. Interesting
how perseptions vary.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 01 Jul 2010 10:48:07 -0700, Serene Vannoy
> wrote:

>When's the season? (Yes, I could google it, but I'll just ask.) We had
>some live ones a couple days ago, and they were DELICIOUS. I was a
>little surprised how salty they were (we didn't salt the water for
>boiling), but man, that was good. Gross (the killing and cleaning part,
>I mean, which I hadn't done before), but delicious.

It started before Father's Day. We had live crab then. Son and GS
went crabbing and brought back HUGE ones. Surprised me that they
could get such big ones without going to a grocery store. Son and DD
had different ideas from mine about how to cook a crab, so I left the
room when they did that because I couldn't watch it.

The best part was that we had crab leftover which son shelled and left
for me! I had a great lunch the following day.

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 01 Jul 2010 12:32:30 -0700, Serene Vannoy
> wrote:

>Thanks. I'll have to try them in November, and see if the difference is
>noticeable to me and the kid (who loves them -- James can't be bothered
>and doesn't see what's so great about shellfish in general).

Your first fresh crab is an unforgettable taste memory. It's kind of
like heroin, because you'll spend a lot of time trying to recreate
that first crab high.

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
sf > wrote:

> On Thu, 01 Jul 2010 12:32:30 -0700, Serene Vannoy
> > wrote:
>
> >Thanks. I'll have to try them in November, and see if the difference is
> >noticeable to me and the kid (who loves them -- James can't be bothered
> >and doesn't see what's so great about shellfish in general).

> Your first fresh crab is an unforgettable taste memory. It's kind of
> like heroin, because you'll spend a lot of time trying to recreate
> that first crab high.

ROFL! Too true. ;-d
--
Peace! Om

Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat. --Alex Levine

Butter sauce for lobster tails/lobster JL[_3_] General Cooking 1 27-06-2010 05:03 PM
Lobster Tails cybercat General Cooking 36 17-07-2007 02:44 AM
Grilled Lobster Tails 7 Hawks Recipes 0 01-07-2005 06:02 PM
I want to try Lobster tails Kurt Barbecue 11 12-12-2004 12:30 AM
Lobster Tails Thermidor 7 Hawks Recipes 0 27-10-2004 02:11 PM